How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

30-07-2012
tfs star

i found this mini city pic !! how cute is this???

source : member dragonette at thepurseforum

30-07-2012
girl who fell to earth

ohh, that makes it so much easier to visualize!

i wonder if the popularity of Celine's and Proenza Schouler's bags in that approx size spurred the creation?

31-07-2012
tfs star

ChrissyM, i do think so. but balenciaga did come up with the mini twiggy and mini first way before celine and PS although they are discontinued because not enough buyers i guess

22-08-2012
girl who fell to earth

I think this is kind of a cute collab... Grace Coddington for Balenciaga...

from hintmag.com

Quote:
Something Different: Grace Coddington for Balenciaga
Sorry, dog lovers. It's a cat's world right now. Karl Lagerfeld's one-year old Birman, Choupette, is dominating Twitter so hard she's sure to score a Whiskers endorsement deal any day. And now comes Grace Coddington's drawings of her cat on a Balenciaga tote and two scarves. The American Vogue creative director has depicted Pumpkin dressed in Nicolas GhesquiŤre's greatest hits for the house from the last ten years.

The pet project is the cat lady's first bag collaboration, but not her first feline foray. In 2006, she came out with a book, The Catwalk Cats (Editions 7L), in which she documented a year in her fashionable life through the eyes of her furry friends, who can be seen coordinating photo shoots and dining in Milan with all the other fashion cats.

The three Balenciaga itemsóPumpkin Papier tote bag in ecru or pumpkin-orange canvas with black leather trim ($1,000), two printed Pumpkin scarves in either silk or fringed wool and silk ($395 and $495, respectively)ówill be available at Balenciaga boutiques in New York and Los Angeles on Fashion's Night Out. And you can feel a little better about splurging because 20% of proceeds will go to the Animal Rescue Fund of the Hamptons.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grace Coddington Balenciaga bag.jpg (79.9 KB, 11 views)

29-04-2013
backstage pass

Does anyone know if Balenciaga will sell me extra tassels??? I've had my City for about 8 years now and the tassels are looking rather grotty, I'm afraid. They split ages ago, but now they've gotten to the point where they're breaking off and getting shorter...would love to get some new ones to freshen it up a bit.

girl who fell to earth

Am at work so I can't actually take the time to post the pics, but Refinery 29 is showing Alexander Wang's first bags for Balenciaga: http://www.refinery29.com/2013/08/50...m=post#slide-1

Thoughts?

I like them!

02-08-2013
trendsetter

Me too, they are very sophisticated, modern but with a hint of retro. I'm dreaming of finding a similar bag in my deceased grandmother's closet. Not gonna happen though.

It never gets easier, you just go faster. (LeMond)
03-08-2013
fashion insider

Oh they're nice, very classy.

24-11-2013
V.I.P.

For those of you who bought a Balenciaga bag with the darker brass hardware, does it fade over time to become a lighter brass?

trendsetter

If the brass is rh it tends to unveil an golden color.

V.I.P.

you can also take some very very fine sanding paper to it to unearth that golden color underneath earlier. that's what i did

3 Days Ago
girl who fell to earth

I just bought a giant silver work in the anthracite color and am debating whether to keep it or not.

I have a city already and am feeling like the work just looks kind of... HUGE.

Is it practical to think that I would use this in everyday life or only for travel?

Do any of you have the work and how does it work (for lack of a better word) for you?

2 Days Ago
front row

Is the mini city a good size considering it's small? Can you fit a decent amount of items in it?

tailored

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
I just bought a giant silver work in the anthracite color and am debating whether to keep it or not.

I have a city already and am feeling like the work just looks kind of... HUGE.

Is it practical to think that I would use this in everyday life or only for travel?

Do any of you have the work and how does it work (for lack of a better word) for you?
i have an anthracite rose gold giant hardware work, and i don't use it every day...
i mainly use it if i have to bring my laptop or camera to work (i have a desktop computer at work), or when i'm traveling (it's a great weekend bag)...
the city is a great size for day-in-day-out, but too small for my computer (also i was afraid i'd stretch out the handles)...

girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair View Post
i have an anthracite rose gold giant hardware work, and i don't use it every day...
i mainly use it if i have to bring my laptop or camera to work (i have a desktop computer at work), or when i'm traveling (it's a great weekend bag)...
the city is a great size for day-in-day-out, but too small for my computer (also i was afraid i'd stretch out the handles)...
kim, i was thinking the bag could have the same exact use for me...
seems like a great "briefcase" sort of bag, which makes the "Work" name totally applicable of course.

And the first thing I thought when I took it out of the box was that it would be such a great carry-on/weekend bag. Much better than the Goyard bag I've been using Ė which is also great, I just don't love traveling with an open tote that things can potentially fall out of.

Still feeling a bit torn but the anthracite color is so lovely. Starting to lean more toward keeping it...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bag, balenciaga, thread