How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by designme
Oh my gosh mammab! That's hilarious!

I don't think I could say that with a straight face to my fiance. He's got a pretty good memory about these things unfortunately!
Me too...I think my hubby takes a mental inventory anytime I've shopped!

04-01-2006
front row

^ tsk tsk mammab! heheh, women really know how to do it!
when i started buying Bbags i refused to tell DH how much they were.. he only found out when i eventually listed one on ebay (we share an ebay account). but he didn't say anything, and when i asked him if he was upset, he just said "it's your money, if you can afford it, it's fine". yay!
he also likes nice things tho, and spends alot on his car and AV equipment.. so we're even =). he shares my appreciation for nice bags too, and he teases me about being able to spot fake bbags on the street. although when i asked him what bag he would personally spend $1k on, he answered that it'd have to be made of pure carbon fibre.

sunspark - congrats on winning that pewter!
i was just telling LaV via PM that the 04 metallics don't have the .925, as they are coloured metal to match the leather.
LP, perhaps you could add this detail to your page?

also, sunspark, let's check the serial no, the last no on the tag underside.. LaV was saying the seller told her it was 213043, but mine's 213048. We really should clarify this, as this number should be the same (LP says it's the model no.). Perhaps she read the last digit wrong? 3 and 8 are easily mixed up.

04-01-2006
front row

No, no no no no. Not going thru this again. The bag is real. 3 and 8 are aesily mixed up, went thru that with my twiggy (almost til I checked again under better light).
Themoneyhasbeensentthebagisreal.

Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellooholly
also, sunspark, let's check the serial no, the last no on the tag underside.. LaV was saying the seller told her it was 213043, but mine's 213048. We really should clarify this, as this number should be the same (LP says it's the model no.). Perhaps she read the last digit wrong? 3 and 8 are easily mixed up.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Usually when my husband questions me about a new bag or something else I did that he's just finding out about, I get big-eyed and say in a tiny voice "I love you", and he just laughs and that's the end of it. He's tried the same thing on me a couple of times, and it's just impossible to get mad.

04-01-2006
front row

oh and sunspark, re: handles- i agree with durbs_girl, in that I can just about jam the handles onto my shoulder, but then the bag is hidden under my arm.. plus it's not very comfy. i tend to carry it by the shoulder strap mostly, but it doesn't look that good. it should be carried on the arm.

but my city, i'm finding the same thing.. it's a bit tight on my shoulder (i'm a size 8-10).

so if you want a purely shoulder bag, perhaps you should look out for the other styles?

04-01-2006
rising star

Hello everyone, its been hard to keep up with the rapid pace of this thread over the past week or two. A belated happy, health new year to everyone and their families (including pets of course).

I've enjoyed seeing so many new bags as well as existing collections.

Surferchick - Congrats on your Ink Work, what an incredible color!

Findesiecle - What an amazing and diverse collection!

Sunspark - Congrats on your new pewter and good luck in selling the twiggy! I think you did a great job with the detailed photos and description of bag.

I know there are many more I'm not remembering.

I love my teal city and have been enjoying it so much, looking for every opportunity to go out so I can carry it. I attempted to post photos, but got message that files were too large. I will try to figure this out and post another time.

Consistent with the "addiction," I am fantasizing about a twiggy in either rouge or bordeaux and would love to hear from those who have either of these. I am looking at ebay 6836279780, think it looks authentic but would like to get opinions. Thanks!

04-01-2006
front row

sunspark i know how u feel.
anyway it's fine, i looked at the pic, and it does look like an 8 anyway.

LP, that is soo cute! that is totally the way to work it.

04-01-2006
V.I.P.

just to clarify that

www.cricketdesignerwear.com does sell authentic labels only including the balenciaga
it is basically a boutique that decided to go online...
and i believe the bags are cheaper than they are in london!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchris
Hello everyone, its been hard to keep up with the rapid pace of this thread over the past week or two. A belated happy, health new year to everyone and their families (including pets of course).

Consistent with the "addiction," I am fantasizing about a twiggy in either rouge or bordeaux and would love to hear from those who have either of these. I am looking at ebay 6836279780, think it looks authentic but would like to get opinions. Thanks!
I have the bordeaux twiggy and the city in both bordeaux and rouge. I LOVE my bordeaux twiggy. I use it most often of the three.

Last edited by SoCal; 04-01-2006 at 07:05 PM.

04-01-2006
V.I.P.

i really want a turquoise office now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

04-01-2006
fashion insider

kimair, congrats on your beautiful new bag in color ink pls post pics when you get her

btw, referring to your pic from the barney's catalog, is that your bag in the emerald color?

04-01-2006
offline.

Yes, Kimair.. definitely want to see pics of the ink! congrats!

04-01-2006
offline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m.
just to clarify that

www.cricketdesignerwear.com does sell authentic labels only including the balenciaga
it is basically a boutique that decided to go online...
and i believe the bags are cheaper than they are in london!!
TY for the confirmation, Leyla.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by drchris
Looks good to me. I love her little pose in the photo where she's holding it.

04-01-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Looks good to me. I love her little pose in the photo where she's holding it.
The red twiggy is absolutely authentic. I know the seller. She also has an orange metallic mini twiggy she's selling and is including a Hermes twilly!

hope this helps!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread