How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
scenester

my new toy!
hey all!
i just bought a lilac clutch off of ebay. (item: 6834864476)
what do y'all think?!!

i've been wanting the clutch for a while, ever since i realized how large it is. also i've been itching to own something in the 2004 lilac, so i'm pretty psyched.

ugh, why can't i stop buying these darn bags that i can't afford?!!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Wow I cant keep up....

One note, not to be b*tchy and nasty, but the posts asking if bags are authentic, once in a while its okay, but this really isnt the place for that, i think there is a board called "is this bag authentic". I dont mean to be rude, but I think this board is more for discussions about balenciagas. I agree its nice to find out once in a while if its authentic or not but not 25 posts in a row. JUst my opinion!

Jelly- CONGRATS!!!!

Mammab- Im glad you kept it, it really is a gorgeous color.

LanVan- Do not buy from a seller that talks to you like that, there is no excuse for rudeness on a sellers part.

Diorella- have you seen the emerald?!??! Describe please!!!!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Gorgeous kadmia! I was looking at the auction too =) But I decided against it! I'm happy that one of our TFS members scored that adorable clutch

04-01-2006
V.I.P.

well said darakaye

on this thought:

please all do refer to the thread regarding authenticy of bags!

thank you
leyla

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

04-01-2006
rising star

kadmia - your clutch is gorgeous! congrats

04-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Usually when my husband questions me about a new bag or something else I did that he's just finding out about, I get big-eyed and say in a tiny voice "I love you", and he just laughs and that's the end of it. He's tried the same thing on me a couple of times, and it's just impossible to get mad.

I'll try this when he notices the new bags; I'm sure it'll come in handy many other times, too!

Mammab , I wish I could get away with your strategy. I've definitely got to practice being sneaky more often; so many advantages....

04-01-2006
rising star

What do you guys think about the taupe color? I tend to gravitate towards brighter Balenciaga colors, but I find the taupe kinda intriguing. Does anyone have a taupe-colored bag? Do you like it? Any feedback would be very much appreciated as I have very little time to make a decision about whether or not to get a particular bag. Much thanks

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by leyla m.
well said darakaye

on this thought:

please all do refer to the thread regarding authenticy of bags!

thank you
leyla
Thanks, I was wondering what you would think!!
Also, leyla..about cricket, so they are authentic? How is that possible? maybe balenciaga doesnt know!!

I want a turq work also, especially with smushy leather!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Mammab and Jelly- PLEASE WHAT IS A DH!??!??!!

LaVan- go with pewter, I dont care for the silver much, the leather has NO depth.

Jan- I agree, I dont even like metallics and I love the pewter that all of you talked me into and settled me nerves about, esp you Jan! It has so much richness and depth. Its truley a chameleon color!!!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
What do you guys think about the taupe color? I tend to gravitate towards brighter Balenciaga colors, but I find the taupe kinda intriguing. Does anyone have a taupe-colored bag? Do you like it? Any feedback would be very much appreciated as I have very little time to make a decision about whether or not to get a particular bag. Much thanks
Love it....I love the nuetrals, they bring out the richness in the quality of the colors. The only neutral I dont have is the pewter, which is a neutral metallic. Hahaha my next bag will be a bright one!!!!

04-01-2006
tfs star

[quote=mammab]I tell my DH the same thing except when he "questions" if I really have had it for a long time, I turn the tables on the whole conversation and switch it to:

"You never listen to me anymore. You just don't care. I can't believe you don't remember when I first got it, I was so happy and showed it off. I think we are just becoming distant."

Oh Mammab, that is just too funny!! I love it! I always tell my husband that it's a really good knockoff (IF he even notices, which he usually doesn't). Basically, I just try to "lay low" - carry it down at my side, put it down by my feet in the car or in the backseat, etc.

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
Love it....I love the nuetrals, they bring out the richness in the quality of the colors. The only neutral I dont have is the pewter, which is a neutral metallic. Hahaha my next bag will be a bright one!!!!
Thanks, Dara. That makes me feel a bit better. It's interesting to me that you consider your Indigo a neutral! I think of it as one of my boldest bags! I guess I'm considering buying this taupe twiggy because it looks like my dream of attaining an eggplant twiggy will never come to fruition So now, I'm stuck between a rouge twiggy and a taupe one. I guess I would naturally go with the rouge, but I'm weary about the leather. The taupe is pretty much a sure thing with leather quality because its mushy and gushy

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
Thanks, Dara. That makes me feel a bit better. It's interesting to me that you consider your Indigo a neutral! I think of it as one of my boldest bags! I guess I'm considering buying this taupe twiggy because it looks like my dream of attaining an eggplant twiggy will never come to fruition So now, I'm stuck between a rouge twiggy and a taupe one. I guess I would naturally go with the rouge, but I'm weary about the leather. The taupe is pretty much a sure thing with leather quality because its mushy and gushy
Oh I forgot about my indigo! haha Im a lil ditzy. Although, i dont find it to be a bright bag. Im talking about bright bags, i dont do bright. I might venture into getting one if i find the right one... I love nuetrals.

But I like the taupe, way more than the rouge.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Oh Mammab, that is just too funny!! I love it! I always tell my husband that it's a really good knockoff (IF he even notices, which he usually doesn't). Basically, I just try to "lay low" - carry it down at my side, put it down by my feet in the car or in the backseat, etc.[/quote]

luckily my husband doesn't usually notice either, it's actually a bit of a joke between us, but recently we were at a party when someone came up to me and said "it that ANOTHER balenciaga bag? how many do you have?" i wanted to KILL her!!!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Yikes....look at this new Ink on Ebay

the leather is AWFUL! If this is any indication of the new leather, count me OUT!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread