How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
rising star

PS, Dara: I agree about the authenticity comment. Let's just say Dude's got the right idea. If we were all as "queenly" (:p ) as she is, we'd be rich!

By the way, after today's discussion, I feel like I'm the only TSFer who's not married! Maybe it's time I should start applying the pressure on my beloved Just kidding! But just out of curiosity, don't all your husbands know when there's a sizeable withdrawal or credit card charge? I guess I grew up in a joint account family, so I'm used to observing my Mom squirm If my boyfriend ever raises his eyebrows at a new bag, I pretty much pull the "this old thing (wink wink)" approach. Since I buy most of my bags used, it works! I think if he actually knew how many B bags I have, he'd get scared away, if you know what I mean Hey, these smiley faces are fun.

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
Yikes....look at this new Ink on Ebay

the leather is AWFUL! If this is any indication of the new leather, count me OUT!
YUCK I'm afraid Balenciaga has yet to bring back to good stuff. And, I must say that I find the color to be less lovely than I had anticipated. Maybe its just the lighting in the shots, but I can't really figure out what color it's supposed to be. Kind of schizophrenic. I'm having second thought sabout ordering my clutch in Ink. Can any of the new Ink owners let me know whether the color in the auction is the true shade of the bag?

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
PS, Dara: I agree about the authenticity comment. Let's just say Dude's got the right idea. If we were all as "queenly" (:p ) as she is, we'd be rich!
Wait which comment, sorry I make too many comments, I think thats a hint I shoudl take. Ps- Check out the ink that I posted, you are going to cry!

Quote:
By the way, after today's discussion, I feel like I'm the only TSFer who's not married!
Hey ....Im not married, just have a boyfriend that crys when i get a new bag because he says he is scared for the future, although for 3 years now. But Im only 21 so i think have a little time.

WhAT DOES DH MEAN? do you people want me to rip my hair out hahahaha

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
YUCK I'm afraid Balenciaga has yet to bring back to good stuff. And, I must say that I find the color to be less lovely than I had anticipated. Maybe its just the lighting in the shots, but I can't really figure out what color it's supposed to be. Kind of schizophrenic. I'm having second thought sabout ordering my clutch in Ink. Can any of the new Ink owners let me know whether the color in the auction is the true shade of the bag?
yea im not a huge fan, it looks very black to me, which I love but then id get the black, which i did. That leather is making me itch Im so upset that they havent brought back the old leather! I though they were going to improve this season, I dont know why. Although it depends on the bag sometimes.

I am so happy with my work, i really lucked out with the leather. I have been using it daily and its already wearing in, its so soft and squishy, the shine is completely wearing off! The handles have stretched to fit my shoulders perfectly!!!

I really reccomend the work, i need another!
I think I might ditch the weekender Idea for now. The work is big enough, I absoluley love the size. Unless a hot one pops up on ebay with great leather!!!

04-01-2006
tfs star

Dara, I believe DH means "Dear Husband." :p

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
Dara, I believe DH means "Dear Husband." :p
THANK YOU GREEN! I you...karma!!

04-01-2006
tfs star

Congrats to all that got new bags! They look beautiful. I'm so glad that tfs is back up: it felt like it was down FOREVER! I think my DF (dear fiance) is repressing all the money I've spent on bags by pretending that they don't exist. It's my own money, so he really can't say anything. And since the very first high end designer bag I got was my sequinned Fendi spy, which when I stupidly told him the actual retail cost he clutched his chest and fell to the ground, all the other bags pale in comparison.

Last edited by Greendrv; 04-01-2006 at 08:48 PM.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadmia
hey all!
i just bought a lilac clutch off of ebay. (item: 6834864476)
what do y'all think?!!

i've been wanting the clutch for a while, ever since i realized how large it is. also i've been itching to own something in the 2004 lilac, so i'm pretty psyched.

ugh, why can't i stop buying these darn bags that i can't afford?!!
I saw that you won it, kadmia - congratulations! I bid on it once a couple of days ago, then decided against pursuing it since I have a makeup in that color. Glad someone here picked it up. You're gonna love it!

Dara, I guess I see your point about the authentication stuff in here, but personally...I kind of like having it all in one place. I hardly ever check the authentication thread anymore. It's got too many boring non-B bags in it...

04-01-2006
backstage pass

durbs - i wouldn't worry about your ink, the other pictures i have seen look great, i'm wondering if that auction is even authentic, it looks black and weird...

p.s. i'm not proud of it but i have two credit cards...one for all our household and kid stuff that he pays for and one for my two major weaknesses (bags and boots) that he knows about but i can't imagine the scene if he ever saw the itemized list and prices!

04-01-2006
rising star

Good to hear you're enjoying the work. The leather did look perfect. I can't believe I haven't received my Teal Work yet! I'm so bumbed I can't believe the seller sent it to the wrong person. I feel like I should get a partial refund or something. What's to say the recipient hasn't been prancing around with my bag for the last two weeks! It's been three days without any updates. I'm getting reall fumed about this

Anyway, I was just kidding about the not being married thing. I know you have a BF, too. I've been with mine for 4 years now, so let's just say changes are on the horizon. Something tells me my shopping habits make my guy tear up a little, too Although, I must say he's good to me. When it's gift time, he amazes me again and again.

By the way, I'm not down with the lingo, but I assume DH means Dear Husband.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Dara, I guess I see your point about the authentication stuff in here, but personally...I kind of like having it all in one place. I hardly ever check the authentication thread anymore. It's got too many boring non-B bags in it...
I didnt meant to be rude, but its annoying coming to the boards and just having page after page of people asking about auctions. This is a discussion board, I mean if it comes up once or twice, i dont mind. But when people only come to the board for that reason, I just think they should go to the authenticity boards!!!

Of course I exclude you and the other girls that have been here for a long time and contribute alot to these boards, then that is a different story. See what I mean?? a little??

Oh my DD, (DEAR DURBS) Now i know which comment you meant about authenticity. I told you, im a tad ditzy

04-01-2006
Of too many minds

Girls..you all caused me to laugh out loud in my cube in the office and spew green tea all over my desk!

Your comments on what you said to your other half are just too funny..though I have commited the cardinal sin of pasting your posts and sending them via IM to my fiance. Now I think he's wised up to my tricks!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Good to hear you're enjoying the work. The leather did look perfect. I can't believe I haven't received my Teal Work yet! I'm so bumbed I can't believe the seller sent it to the wrong person. I feel like I should get a partial refund or something. What's to say the recipient hasn't been prancing around with my bag for the last two weeks! It's been three days without any updates. I'm getting reall fumed about this
Okay, wow I cant wait to see your teal work, that is going to be FAB! I cant belive the seller messed that up too. You should definatley get some money back, DEFINATLEY shipping. What a hassle!!! i jsut cant believe it, it will be work it in the end though.

I wouldnt worry about the ink clutch, espeically because its a small bag, I just think you can see the lack of quality in the larger ones. Maybe Nycmom is right and that auction isnt real, but from what I saw and know it looks authentic, just bad leather!

04-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
I'm having second thought sabout ordering my clutch in Ink. Can any of the new Ink owners let me know whether the color in the auction is the true shade of the bag?

I have an ink city. It's beautiful, and the leather is decent. Not super-thin but not like the old leather. Alas...

I could be wrong, but my first impression when I looked at that post was *ewww!!!* Such a bad replica. For starters, the leather looks like plastic-coated cardboard. Not so on my own bag. But of course, they could just be really bad photos.

The ink is beautiful. Purple/blue/black, like everyone says. It'd be beautiful in a smaller size, I'm sure.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
I tell my DH the same thing except when he "questions" if I really have had it for a long time, I turn the tables on the whole conversation and switch it to:

"You never listen to me anymore. You just don't care. I can't believe you don't remember when I first got it, I was so happy and showed it off. I think we are just becoming distant."

He gets really quiet and apologizes and tells me how much he loves me.

Arent I sneaky....but it works!
omg mammab -- hilarious! i'm so glad this has come up right now, since i'm about to get my first bbag and am still undecided about whether to tell my husband. but i could totally do it your way -- my husband has a terrible memory and mine is really good, so usually it's pretty easy to get him to trust my memory

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread