How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
Of too many minds

Does anyone think that getting the Work in Ink would be too much of a good thing, or colour in this instance?

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-01-2006
scenester

LouiseyPeasey....I just saw the update to your site and W.O.W! Truly amazing. You ladies here are a huge help to us first time buyers.

And I can see the addiction. I got my first one (rouge city from leshent) and I loooove it. Another one is not too far on the horizon. I tried to upload a pic but my file size is too big and I can't figure out how to make it smaller

Anyhow.....a big thank you to you ladies who post such amazing info here.

04-01-2006
tfs star

chiangsi, I'm planning on getting the work in ink and emerald in weekender. Since it looks like the supply will exceed the demand, I'm going to wait and get them in leather closest to the older leather (if possible).

04-01-2006
trendsetter

chiangsi, you are now an informer for the Other Side and cannot be trusted with our secrets...

04-01-2006
backstage pass

i thought someone did get the ink work but i can't remember who...?

eta - oh i just saw greendrv's post...maybe i was thinking of you!

Last edited by nycmom; 04-01-2006 at 09:02 PM.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom
i thought someone did get the ink work but i can't remember who...?

eta - oh i just saw greendrv's post...maybe i was thinking of you!
surfer got a work, hers is beautiful though. As always, it depends on the bag itself. Im just talking about balenciagas leather quality in general, if they still have these lower quality leathers thats annoying thats all.

04-01-2006
front row

I didn't think posting about authentication would annoy anyone. I actually thought this afternoon was so much fun, especially since a couple of us ended up with bags. Sorry if I bothered anyone.
Cheers, Carolyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
I saw that you won it, kadmia - congratulations! I bid on it once a couple of days ago, then decided against pursuing it since I have a makeup in that color. Glad someone here picked it up. You're gonna love it!

Dara, I guess I see your point about the authentication stuff in here, but personally...I kind of like having it all in one place. I hardly ever check the authentication thread anymore. It's got too many boring non-B bags in it...

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by kini
I have an ink city. It's beautiful, and the leather is decent. Not super-thin but not like the old leather. Alas...

I could be wrong, but my first impression when I looked at that post was *ewww!!!* Such a bad replica. For starters, the leather looks like plastic-coated cardboard. Not so on my own bag. But of course, they could just be really bad photos.

The ink is beautiful. Purple/blue/black, like everyone says. It'd be beautiful in a smaller size, I'm sure.
Hi Kini. Thanks for the reassurance. I actually think the Ink City is real. I did a closer inspection of the bag after doubts were expressed, and I think the bag actually belongs to a TFSer. I won't name names. Let's just say we've all been anticipating the bag's arrival. My guess is that she was disappointed when it arrived, so she listed it right away to maximize her advantage of being the first Ink on ebay, no matter what the leather quality might be like. Smart move, in my mind.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
Hi Kini. Thanks for the reassurance. I actually think the Ink City is real. I did a closer inspection of the bag after doubts were expressed, and I think the bag actually belongs to a TFSer. I won't name names. Let's just say we've all been anticipating the bag's arrival. My guess is that she was disappointed when it arrived, so she listed it right away to maximize her advantage of being the first Ink on ebay, no matter what the leather quality might be like. Smart move, in my mind.
Agreed, smart move! Indead it is real, just yucky leather.

04-01-2006
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
chiangsi, you are now an informer for the Other Side and cannot be trusted with our secrets...

But I know all of them from reading this thread...that's why I plan to get the work to keep all secrets in.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
p.s. i'm not proud of it but i have two credit cards...one for all our household and kid stuff that he pays for and one for my two major weaknesses (bags and boots) that he knows about but i can't imagine the scene if he ever saw the itemized list and prices!
glad to hear i'm not the only one. i've only been married for two months, but i just realized that i probably should've bought a bbag before we joined all of our accounts. but i do have a couple of credit cards that my husband never sees the bills for. my only conundrum now with the upcoming purchase is do i a) pay with one of my personal credit cards and lie about how much it cost or pretend that it's an old bag or b) pay with one of our joint cards, which means he'll see the $1000+ charge and flip out but at least he'll be happy we got the miles. nothing pleases my husband more than american express membership rewards points .

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspark
I didn't think posting about authentication would annoy anyone. I actually thought this afternoon was so much fun, especially since a couple of us ended up with bags. Sorry if I bothered anyone.
Cheers, Carolyn
You dont have to apologize, it wasnt like that. There are just other threads for that purpose and you can always PM a person, if you value thier opinion on the matter, like LP or someone!

Last edited by DaraKaye; 04-01-2006 at 09:14 PM.

04-01-2006
front row

Bags and boots, me too.
Cheers, Carolyn
Quote:
durbs - i wouldn't worry about your ink, the other pictures i have seen look great, i'm wondering if that auction is even authentic, it looks black and weird...

p.s. i'm not proud of it but i have two credit cards...one for all our household and kid stuff that he pays for and one for my two major weaknesses (bags and boots) that he knows about but i can't imagine the scene if he ever saw the itemized list and prices!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

i left work, went shopping, went out to dinner, came home and there were FIVE new pages of this thread! i'm going to have to quit my job just to stay on top of it all!!

sometime before those five new pages were added, a bunch of us were discussing whether the ink had arrived at aloharag. when i emailed to ask when they would be coming in, i unfortunately received the following stock answer:

Quote:
Dear Abby,

Thank you very much for emailing us about the Spring Summer Balenciaga The
Day collection. There will be 2 deliveries as shown below.

Pre-Collection/ End of December- End of February

Noir/black
Encre/ Ink
Bleuet/ Dark Avio Blue
Lillas/ Liliac
Vieux Rosa/ Pale Pink
Blanc/ White

Main Collection Additional Colors/ February End of April

Beige/ Whisky
Emeraude/ Dark Green
Rouille/ Redish Orange
Ecru-nero/ wht x black stripe (I think this was non-leather)

04-01-2006
front row

From the sounds of it, the ink is going to be very popular. Maybe once I pay off my city I'll get me one.
Cheers, Carolyn

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread