How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
tfs star

I'm not one to normally promote my own site, but I've added a "module" to list all the sites for authorized Balenciaga retailers. I didn't add the department stores (since they don't actually have any pics of the bags on them), and I can't think of any others. Would you all mind taking a look and letting me know of the ones that I've missed?
This link is:
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmaster/wo...dbagsandpurses

Thanks!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyroad
glad to hear i'm not the only one. i've only been married for two months, but i just realized that i probably should've bought a bbag before we joined all of our accounts. but i do have a couple of credit cards that my husband never sees the bills for. my only conundrum now with the upcoming purchase is do i a) pay with one of my personal credit cards and lie about how much it cost or pretend that it's an old bag or b) pay with one of our joint cards, which means he'll see the $1000+ charge and flip out but at least he'll be happy we got the miles. nothing pleases my husband more than american express membership rewards points .

one other idea...sometimes i ask if they can divide the purchase into two cards so he doesn't know the entire amount and we get some points too

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom

one other idea...sometimes i ask if they can divide the purchase into two cards so he doesn't know the entire amount and we get some points too
HA this is what I do with my dad, since he is the one thats pays all my bills and I have to answer to him!!! He has definatley started catching on, espcially with my barneys charge!

04-01-2006
tfs star

I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)

04-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:

Love that one!! Great idea - then it looks like two different purchases. Smart!!

04-01-2006
tfs star

Jan, congratulations! I'm so happy for you and your family.

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:

Oh, that's a great one!!!!!! I'm writing that down in my "things to remember when you're married" book

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greendrv
I'm not one to normally promote my own site, but I've added a "module" to list all the sites for authorized Balenciaga retailers. I didn't add the department stores (since they don't actually have any pics of the bags on them), and I can't think of any others. Would you all mind taking a look and letting me know of the ones that I've missed?
This link is:
http://www.squidoo.com/lensmaster/wo...dbagsandpurses

Thanks!
Green, I was just over there checking it out and came back here to say WOW! What a great list - you've put so much work into it! But I think the link you included above might be your own maintenance link? It just took me to the squidoo front page. Nonethess, your new page rocks!!!

ETA: Okay, when the forum tells me I have to spread the karma around before giving it to Greendrv again - just how far do I have to spread it?? I've been quite karmarific lately, but there are a couple of people it won't let me re-karma-cise. (um, that's a word, right?) What's up with that?

Last edited by LouiseyPeasey; 04-01-2006 at 09:26 PM.

04-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Green, I was just over there checking it out and came back here to say WOW! What a great list - you've put so much work into it! But I think the link you included above might be your own maintenance link? It just took me to the squidoo front page. Nonethess, your new page rocks!!!
Oops, you're right, Louisey. Here's the actual link:

http://www.squidoo.com/handbagsandpurses/

04-01-2006
front row

That is wonderful news about your brother Jan!

May 2006 be a year of health (your brother especially!) and many many bags (the rest of us )

04-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
Hi Kini. Thanks for the reassurance. I actually think the Ink City is real. I did a closer inspection of the bag after doubts were expressed, and I think the bag actually belongs to a TFSer. I won't name names. Let's just say we've all been anticipating the bag's arrival. My guess is that she was disappointed when it arrived, so she listed it right away to maximize her advantage of being the first Ink on ebay, no matter what the leather quality might be like. Smart move, in my mind.

Yeah, so I'm about as far from an expert as you can get. There must be quite a bit of variation among the bags, because the leather on mine really looks nothing like that. Sorry!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
Yikes....look at this new Ink on Ebay

the leather is AWFUL! If this is any indication of the new leather, count me OUT!
The color in the photos is WAY off the appearance of the bags I saw in Zurich. It was much nicer IRL...

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)
JAN!!!! WHAT great news. I am so happy for your guys!!! Thank you for sharing, You know I would want to hear this!! This is truely great news, you made my night. Keep up the optomism and spirits, it really helps! ::HUGS::

Anyway, I wouldnt order the ink without seeing it in person first, you want to make sure
you get a good leather!!! Jsut to make this on topic!!!

PS- i cant wait to see your blanc paddy, I want it soooo badly, I need to get on a list somwhere for the bowler!

Last edited by DaraKaye; 04-01-2006 at 09:33 PM.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

green- wonderful sites. Thanks for all that effort you put into that, it really helps us all. I would karma you again but im not allowed

04-01-2006
backstage pass

janyoung - what wonderful news!!!

greendrv - karma & many thanks for your site!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread