How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Could someone please tell me the style/model and size of these Balenciagas? Thank you so much!

Thanks for the help!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Jan, that's terrific news!!! Couldn't be happier for you & your family! Thanks for sharing it.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Polly-

Marykates is the Bordeuax City. Im not pos on the color but it is the medium city size.
Siennas is the Lipstick Red City as well...

I dont know about the last, I cant see enough detail in the last. Thats all I can help with.

04-01-2006
tfs star

polly,

1st pic: 2004 mahogany city
2nd pic: 2003 red city
3rd pic: 2003 caramel work

04-01-2006
backstage pass

^^^Wow, thank you! I gave you karma! To both of you!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly
^^^Wow, thank you! I gave you karma! To both of you!
No problem, although green is better at it :p

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)
That is wonderful news Jan - I'm so very pleased for you and your family.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Okay, who was recently talking about getting a Compagnon wallet? Remember we were talking about whether it was currently a zip-around style or had a flap on one side? My theory was that the flap style was discontinued and that it was now a zip-around. Here's an example from eBay (5458517692):

But... here's another example from eBay (6836886096) that definitely looks like it has a flap:

On the other hand, the red one could very well be fake - the hardware is kind of off-putting.

I'm still confused, though, because I know the zip-around I looked at recently opened like a book to lie flat, and it doesn't look like the olive one above does that.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)
Jan, that's fantastic news! Congratulations!!

04-01-2006
rising star

Both of the wallets are fake, Louisey. I have the authentic wallet, and it's completely different. The zip-around feature is standard, you're right, but there aren't any "dividers" in the wallet. When it unzips, it just opens flat with the credit card slots on one side and the zipper pouch on the other. The money compartments are BEHIND the credit card slots and the zipper pouch.

04-01-2006
tfs star

I love you guys - thank so much!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Jan--This is awesome start to the New Year!!! Happy to hear the good news and for your family!!! big hugz!!!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

I the calcaire!!! It's really really pretty but i have 2 little minute nit picky things about the bag...will have to take pixs in the daylight tomorrow and describe them. I also hate that Barney's ship the bags out w/o boxes!!!

04-01-2006
rising star

What the hec is this:
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...duct_page_link

Balenciaga on bluefly!

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
I wouldnt worry about the ink clutch, espeically because its a small bag, I just think you can see the lack of quality in the larger ones. Maybe Nycmom is right and that auction isnt real, but from what I saw and know it looks authentic, just bad leather!
I was walking about in Hong Kong the other day, and I saw an encre/ink city in the store of this second hand shop (chain store) that's really popular. It wasn't black, but it was more of a dark dark dark navy/purple color. The leather was more or less like that ebay auction you listed.

I went into the store and they had a bunch of used/new bbags. I placed a newer bag next to an old magenta and the difference was amazing. I think I'm a bigger fan of the older softer leather, so I guess I'll just have to sit on my hands and wait until a good ebay auction comes by.

I saw a used mustard city for sale for approx $800 USD... I was sort of tempted to get that.

ps. I'll be going to Shenzhen sometime soon, to get a couple clothes tailor made (it's so amazingly cheap), I'll make sure to stop by the land of the fakes to see what fake bbags they're up to. So far, there hasn't been much- and the ones that are fake are really obvious. But don't fall for the ones that are amazingly crafted! I've been honing my skills on ebay- looking at leather only isn't a good way to detect a fake. I've seen so many fakes with really amazingly leather but missing a detail somewhere.

.. sorry this is a lengthy post. I just got excited that this forum is back on!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread