How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
windowshopping

Gah, I leave to go shopping and there's like 6 new pages of stuff to read. Well I just came back from NM in King of Prussia (again) and they actually had some Bbags in.

I finally got the chance to see the ink in person (I'm like 99% sure it was ink since the SA's didn't know what they were talking about) and I *think* it was the work style. Personally I thought the bag was going to be a much darker color, but under the bright display lights, the bag looks dark purple to me. It's a pretty color, but I'm looking for an everyday bag and I don't think the color would be appropriate. As far as the ink that's on ebay now, the leather didn't look that "crinkly" to me. The distressing was a bit patchy but not at all like the pics in that auction. I'm not sure what the older bags were like, but the leather didn't feel extremely thin, but it wasn't what I could consider thick either.

The other bags they had was a white work(? same as the ink I saw) which I thought was beautiful. Really, it was perfect, except for the fact that I would probably turn it into a muddy brown in a few weeks. They also had a first in indigo (verrryy pretty) and rose/pink (also very nice but not too practical imo). A black day and olive pony city was also on the shelf but I didn't pay much attention to those.

As far as me not being positive about the ink, the SA was just saying how in their system, they called the bag navy. I know there was supposed to be a navy before, but this bag was definately purple, didn't even see blue undertones. From far away though, the bag almost looked like it could be black.

Hope that helps some, I think I'm going to pass on the ink and go with basic black....although bordeaux is definately in the back of my mind too. Unfortunately I have to wait until sometime next month before I place any order, need to keep saving for my trip to CA.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom

one other idea...sometimes i ask if they can divide the purchase into two cards so he doesn't know the entire amount and we get some points too
Oh man, this is great! I do this all the time! By the time the first cc bill has come and gone, here comes the next and then he's forgotten the first.......but add CHECKS to the scheme and you get a little more $$$ give there. I am not kidding, I've been to some boutiques, had them split up the whole bill on 2 cc's and a check. Then the entire amount looks even smaller....

sorry guys....I'm soooooo bad I know. I'm a total spender (duh) and DH (hubby) is a penny pincher. Nice couple huh?

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)
Jan....big super big hugs to you and your family and ONLY the best in 2006!!

(redamma.com)

04-01-2006
tfs star

[quote=mammab

sorry guys....I'm soooooo bad I know. I'm a total spender (duh) and DH (hubby) is a penny pincher. Nice couple huh?[/quote]

My husband and I are the same - well, not exactly - he likes to buy things like airplanes and then wonders why our money is so tight. It is beyond his capability to understand a handbag that cost over $1000. - I kid you not - so I don't even try!! But, Mammab, I love adding a check to the mix!! I am SO going there! Thanks!
P.S. to be fair my DH is a great gift giver - almost always VERY nice jewelry that I love - so I can overlook a few of his "disabilities", ya know?

04-01-2006
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Jan....big super big hugs to you and your family and ONLY the best in 2006!!
please don't quote pictures
(redamma.com)
OMG - LOVE that pic!! Thanks so much mammab !

Last edited by Hipkitten; 05-01-2006 at 11:18 AM.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
Both of the wallets are fake, Louisey. I have the authentic wallet, and it's completely different. The zip-around feature is standard, you're right, but there aren't any "dividers" in the wallet. When it unzips, it just opens flat with the credit card slots on one side and the zipper pouch on the other. The money compartments are BEHIND the credit card slots and the zipper pouch.
Oh well, THAT explains it!! That's the model I saw in Neiman's, I just couldn't describe it very well. Thanks, durbs, for clearing that up!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by durbs_girl
What the hec is this:
http://www.bluefly.com/pages/product...duct_page_link

Balenciaga on bluefly!
Lol, who would've thought................

04-01-2006
trendsetter

janyoung: Congrats on the news about your brother!! What a success! That's such amazing news, I wish him a full recovery =) I hope you get a beautiful encre Balenciaga bag..Pictures when you get it please

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Janyoung: I am so happy to hear that wonderful news. I wish your brother a quick and full recovery - we're here for you!

Wow, this is moving FAST after it was down! LOL, I have been sitting here - thinking I am almost done and I can reply, and then BOOM another page! hehe. I love it though, I can never get enough Balenciaga!

Mammab - I was cracking up with my bf, that is so adorable!

05-01-2006
windowshopping

http://www.modaparty.com/balenciaga-handbags-1.html
do you think this website sale real balenciaga?

05-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharval
http://www.modaparty.com/balenciaga-handbags-1.html
do you think this website sale real balenciaga?
Nope, definitely fake.

05-01-2006
offline.

Mammab...for all the pennies that he pinches, you get to spend.

05-01-2006
front row

That describes my relationship with dh too. And I've paid for items 3 different ways as well.
Cheers, Carolyn
Quote:
Oh man, this is great! I do this all the time! By the time the first cc bill has come and gone, here comes the next and then he's forgotten the first.......but add CHECKS to the scheme and you get a little more $$$ give there. I am not kidding, I've been to some boutiques, had them split up the whole bill on 2 cc's and a check. Then the entire amount looks even smaller....

sorry guys....I'm soooooo bad I know. I'm a total spender (duh) and DH (hubby) is a penny pincher. Nice couple huh?

05-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
I tell my DH the same thing except when he "questions" if I really have had it for a long time, I turn the tables on the whole conversation and switch it to:

"You never listen to me anymore. You just don't care. I can't believe you don't remember when I first got it, I was so happy and showed it off. I think we are just becoming distant."

He gets really quiet and apologizes and tells me how much he loves me.

Arent I sneaky....but it works!
hahahaha..mammab, you're a tad evil...i love it

since i already have two B bags and my bf has remarked more than once about my "thousand dollar handbags", i thought a third wouldn't be in the works for a while..but he actually opened the door himself. not long after i got my black twiggy, he said "i doubt you're done..you've got a bright one and a dark one, now you're going to want a pastel one, right?" well who was i to say no? :p

05-01-2006
front row

wow, do I even want to know how many pages I have to go through? and sadly, I don't have the time to play catch up just yet...
just wanted to send a BIG HUG to jan; that's absolutely wonderful news about your brother!!
also, to all on this forum - a belated but heartfelt Happy New Year! May 2006 bring everyone the bag of their dreams...!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread