How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-01-2006
scenester

where to get balenciaga online
Does anyone know a reputable website that sells authentic balenciagas for a slight discount? Seems like there are many internet sites that have huge discounts (like efashion.com or belladux). However, they do claim that it's authentic. Has anyone bought from either of these places?

05-01-2006
Of too many minds

the sites that you named are not reputable.
Best to stay away

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

05-01-2006
trendsetter

i am more and more in love with the lilac color...it almost looks gray-ish lilac, which is great for me because i love the color gray and was thinking of getting a gray B bag. so yeah.. while i was considering a caramel hobo, i'm pretty sure i'm going to go with a lilac twiggy for my next B bag. gah i can't wait i'm really loving my black twiggy-the shape, the roomyness, the way it hangs-it's just such a fun bag

05-01-2006
backstage pass

I also like the grey color a lot! I'm looking an alternative to black as I already have black bags... but I'm not so sure about the grey this season. My friend said that it looked to much like marble and didn't really caught her eye.

I'm still contemplating on the silver! I already called the store and I hope they call me back soon ... can't wait!

05-01-2006
backstage pass

SoCal, or someone else who has seen the SS06 grey, how is it? Is it a fading gray that's like marble? Light, medium or dark?

05-01-2006
scenester

Ink came from Brown's not Aloha Rag
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
Wow! You already got your Ink City from Aloha Rag..?? And they were supposed to email me about this too

Anyway congrats! Can you post pictures of your new Ink baby please! I have been dying to find out exactly how the shade looks like!!
Ink from Brown's........Weekender from Aloha Rag.

05-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal
I have the bordeaux twiggy and the city in both bordeaux and rouge. I LOVE my bordeaux twiggy. I use it most often of the three.
Thanks for the feedback SoCal. That's definitely one way to resolve the rouge vs. bordeaux dilemma. To me, bordeaux and twiggy seem to be a perfect combination of color and style. The rouge in twiggy might be nice too tough...

LP and livethelake - I really appreciate info. re: rouge twiggy and the seller!

janyoung - Great news about your brother! I wish you and your family the best.

mammab - Adorable kitty pic., it made me smile.

angel - Your boyfried sounds pretty savvy, that's really funny how he's catching on.

I like having authenticity qus. in same thread but respect opinions of those who prefer separate thread. I don't like idea of going to another thread with all different types of bags. Would it be possible to start a new thread for authentic vs. fake for b-bags only?

05-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
I know this is OT but since I've shared so much of the bad news with all of you, I HAD to share this good news: my brother had an operation to "start putting back together all the things" they had taken apart (they had redirected some veins). It was the FIRST time since all of this has been going on that everything went PERFECTLY!! So much so that they let him go home this evening and he insisted on driving (even though he's still hooked up to some tubes and stuff!) When he got home, he wrote a note to my sister-in-law that said "call my sister and tell her I'm driving again" - he was so thrilled. Next (and hopefully last) surgery - a 12 hr. biggie, the first week of March. I am so happy. THANK YOU ALL FOR HELPING ME TO GET THROUGH THIS!!!
P.S. I'm contemplating the ink city. Just emailed Aloha Rag. (Okay - now I'm not completely off topic)
That is great news Jan! What a great way to begin the new year! Glad things are going well and continued prayers for the upcoming surgery! xxxoo

05-01-2006
trendsetter

Jan, so glad you heard good news regarding your brother's health.

Angel, so funny!

LP, Karma on the new blog postings. Now I can absolutely distinguish my new "cornflower" blue city from the F05 (and other similar) blues.

LaV, on the gray that I saw in Zurich... I loved the twiggy shape and the leather was great...I was not sure about the color... It seemed a bit dull/flat/matte to me at the time. I would classify it as a medium gray. (I was wearing demin, black cashmere sweater, black stilleto boots and looking at it next to the ink, cornflower blue, pink, white, and olive bags...if that matters...) My DH (love the abbreviation) also preferred the other colors. While I loved the leather and shape, I would prefer the pewter or taupe to the gray that I saw. My disclaimer, they only had one gray in stock...perhaps there will be variation from bag to bag...

Drchris... Yes, I love the twiggy in bordeaux and think (just MO, of course) that the rouge is nicer in the first or city.

05-01-2006
backstage pass

Jan - great news on your brother!

SoCal - thanks for the info. I think I'll ditch the color then. So, I'm back to the question of getting the silver in the Box or searching for a pewter in the Box or twiggy!

Last edited by Hipkitten; 05-01-2006 at 11:22 AM.

05-01-2006
backstage pass

Oh my goodness ... I guess it was not meant to be for the pewter or silver! I just got a call from the Balenciaga store in Paris and they didn't have the silver in the Box or twiggy anymore!!!

05-01-2006
tfs star

Thanks so much for all of your sweet support for the latest news regarding my brother (Scott). Karma to each and every one of you.
I have to be out and about today so I am going to stop by Bob Ellis and see what they have. I'll report back later today. (Hope there's someting new!)

05-01-2006
scenester

What about these other websites?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
the sites that you named are not reputable.
Best to stay away
Yikes! I'm glad you told me. What about net-a-porter and luisaviaroma? Are they authentic?

05-01-2006
scenester

Yes they are
Quote:
Originally Posted by trufflesbang
Yikes! I'm glad you told me. What about net-a-porter and luisaviaroma? Are they authentic?
Both sell authentic bags.

05-01-2006
front row

I just saw these on ebay

6836924564 Fake?

Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
Oh my goodness ... I guess it was not meant to be for the pewter or silver! I just got a call from the Balenciaga store in Paris and they didn't have the silver in the Box or twiggy anymore!!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread