How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
11-01-2006
  15751
backstage pass
 
smallfry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 765
jan...maybe you should call again to double check on that Calcaire Purse...did you talk to Liz? She seems to be really up on whats in stock.

 
 
11-01-2006
  15752
backstage pass
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 523
designme - beautiful twiggy! and i'm so jealous you got a purse. congrats! which color?

jan - i'm wondering if someone at b nyc confused the shopper with the purse because of all the name changes, (wouldn't be the first time tfs knew more than sas), might be worth a call back to confirm...?

 
11-01-2006
  15753
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
Quote:
Originally Posted by april.white
Girls - what are your opinions on this 6838864444? She's advertising that you can just tell her what you want. What's up with that do you think?
Ok I personally found it a bit strange..in fact quite strange...What if you wanted a bag which is discontinued? Its either she has the whole collection one bag per each style and colour...Or she knows a good replicas place...
which one seems realsitc?
I am sticking with the second one
Well, I just emailed her a bunch of questions, and she responded really quickly. I told her I was looking for an anis classique (semi-true) and asked if she was not selling search services for vintage bags, what was the advantage of buying through her vs. calling Balenciaga? Here's her response:

Hi! Thanks for all of your questions! I only sell new bags, with
the exception of some of my clients previously carried bags if
they are in extremely good condition. I am new to Balenciaga, as
my Chloe vendor now carries it in Europe. The benefit of going
through Le Bag Boutique is that my clients don't have to do the
footwork. Thanks again! Good luck on your search for the 2004
bag! Corinne

Seriously, $1999 - that's quite the surcharge for making a couple of phone calls, plus shipping on top of that. And the vendor in Europe makes me nervous.

 
11-01-2006
  15754
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WA (permanent now) & CA (work)
Gender: femme
Posts: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by smallfry
surfer...www.cricketdesignerwear.co.uk has lots of Balenciaga bags listed on their website and one of them is the "nude" hobo - which looks to me like the calcaire. I have never ordered from them, but quite a few TFS'ers mentioned that they carry authentic B-bags.
Thanks! I just e-mailed to confirm that.

I saw a Calcaire twiggy on ebay not that long ago but it didn't look as nicely distressed and soft as Dara's. Could have been the lighting, but not sure. Not sure if anyone had won it because it was set at a close-to-retail-price.

A bit OT...how do you do multiple quotes in one post? I've been able to do it, but I manually type in the format after the first one. If that's the only way it's done..wow...I'd forget which quotes I'm wanting to post by the time I'd get to the third one.

 
11-01-2006
  15755
fashion elite
 
Dulcisima's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Well, I just emailed her a bunch of questions, and she responded really quickly. I told her I was looking for an anis classique (semi-true) and asked if she was not selling search services for vintage bags, what was the advantage of buying through her vs. calling Balenciaga? Here's her response:

Hi! Thanks for all of your questions! I only sell new bags, with
the exception of some of my clients previously carried bags if
they are in extremely good condition. I am new to Balenciaga, as
my Chloe vendor now carries it in Europe. The benefit of going
through Le Bag Boutique is that my clients don't have to do the
footwork. Thanks again! Good luck on your search for the 2004
bag! Corinne

Seriously, $1999 - that's quite the surcharge for making a couple of phone calls, plus shipping on top of that. And the vendor in Europe makes me nervous.
Very strange!!! If i would do the searching...I would at least request 20-30% of the bag's price...there is something fishy about it...the whole new to balenciaga and the vendor in Europe...
Although I saw her stuff...she had a conganc fendi spy authentic...

__________________
"Do you know what it feels like loving someone thatís in a rush to throw you away?" -Enrique Igelsias
 
11-01-2006
  15756
front row
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: WA (permanent now) & CA (work)
Gender: femme
Posts: 372
Is this a new bbag style? It says "authentic:" 6839005383

PS...I'm only playing dumb, BTW.

 
11-01-2006
  15757
V.I.P.
 
leyla m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: shoe emporium
Gender: femme
Posts: 16,472
i would stay away from le bag boutique??!!
she sounds extremely fishy and even though she might sell other items that are authetic the whole balenciaga story is def strange...

__________________
http://www.work-in-progress-blog.com/


weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
 
11-01-2006
  15758
front row
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycmom
designme - beautiful twiggy! and i'm so jealous you got a purse. congrats! which color?
I switched out the emerald city that I was already on the waitlist for to an emerald purse.

I made it clear to the SA that I wanted one with thick and distressed leather as surferchick suggested (thanks surferchick for the great point on the leather btw! ).

The SA said usually if a bag is distressed, the leather is not as thick. So thick=hardly any distressing, thin=lots of distressing.

I guess that makes sense... so I said pick a bag with the right balance of thickness and distressing.

 
11-01-2006
  15759
V.I.P.
 
luckyme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 4,763
I'm thrilled I won the Balenciaga black canvas hobo sak on ebay just minutes ago. My first and I got it for a steal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpe 44_1.jpe (9.9 KB, 0 views)

 
11-01-2006
  15760
backstage pass
 
La Vanguardia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Europe
Gender: femme
Posts: 914
Wow, the calcaire looks really good in twiggy!

 
11-01-2006
  15761
Info warrior/technophile
 
Umm Zain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: USA
Gender: femme
Posts: 636
So, does this green makeup look right to you all? I was looking on eBay at 7579347985 and noticed "I ALSO HAVE A GREEN COLOR AS YOU CAN SEE AVAILABLE AT BUY IT NOW OF $260W/SHIPING LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED BUT THIS AUCTION IS JUST FOR THE BLACK." I'm thinking... $260, that's too good to be true, right? Thanks !!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8c_1.JPG (26.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 9a_1.JPG (21.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 0e_1.JPG (20.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8d_1.JPG (27.9 KB, 0 views)

 
11-01-2006
  15762
V.I.P.
 
leyla m.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: shoe emporium
Gender: femme
Posts: 16,472
too good to be tru but i dont see anything wrong with it!

she might have just bought it at sale price?!

__________________
http://www.work-in-progress-blog.com/


weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco
 
11-01-2006
  15763
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferchick2
A bit OT...how do you do multiple quotes in one post? I've been able to do it, but I manually type in the format after the first one. If that's the only way it's done..wow...I'd forget which quotes I'm wanting to post by the time I'd get to the third one.
Firefox's "open link in new tab" feature is your friend. Right click the quote button for the post you want, open in a new tab. Keep reading the thread, opening all the posts you want to quote in new tabs. Then cut & paste your heart out.

Bwah! on the silver python bag on eBay. Someone just posted that on the "let's laugh at the nasty fakes" thread a few days ago. Good luck to that seller, I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyme
I'm thrilled I won the Balenciaga black canvas hobo sak on ebay just minutes ago. My first and I got it for a steal.
Congrats, lucky! I think it's such a cool bag. Let us know how you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Zain
So, does this green makeup look right to you all? I was looking on eBay at 7579347985 and noticed "I ALSO HAVE A GREEN COLOR AS YOU CAN SEE AVAILABLE AT BUY IT NOW OF $260W/SHIPING LET ME KNOW IF INTERESTED BUT THIS AUCTION IS JUST FOR THE BLACK." I'm thinking... $260, that's too good to be true, right? Thanks !!!
I just don't know about this one. Where'd she get them? They look unused. She doesn't seem to really know anything about them. Where are all these perfect early-2004 bags coming from suddenly? And yet, I'm comparing it right now to my 2004 makeup, and it looks just the same. The only difference is that the number stamp on the underside of the tag is closer to the stitching on the emerald bag than on mine. The seller has quite a few negs, mostly because he doesn't seem very helpful. And yet... I dunno, I might just chance it. Maybe.

 
11-01-2006
  15764
windowshopping
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 26
angel
it should be in middle/end of January, but I may call them tomorrow just to check then i can post a pic for you to see the colour.

 
11-01-2006
  15765
rising star
 
mablicheeks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Gender: femme
Posts: 164
Thanks Darakaye!
Haven't post for awhile but I was anxious to post that I received my Chocolate Work.

Darakaye- Thanks for the info!! Barney Manhasset didn't have any more chocolate but they did find one for me in Seattle.

It's even more BEAUTIFUL than my hobo. This addiction is getting a bit out of hand because I already want another one I probably need to put the cc to rest until the emerald comes out. I saw the color specs at BalNY but I would have to see it in person before I make the purchase.

 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.