How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2005
rising star

I need to get the saddle bag on here as well - compliments of the Balenciaga Boutique in NYC. It's teal blue and the one I'm getting .

Maxi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Teal Blue Saddle Bag.jpg (253.9 KB, 1143 views)

04-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzyb831
ok, i have a quick question:

i've seen other bags listed as "arena". is that the small classique?
arena is really the "shopper" and sometimes called the "retro" bag.
it is the same size as the medium, but now it's discontinued. they
no longer make it. i really liked it... oh well.

04-02-2005
front row

does anyone know if the small calssique comes with a long strap? because on the old everyhting balenciaga thread someone said that they don't but in the pics on pg 1 of this thread the small classique appears to have a strap

04-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILO
baleneciaga bags are so luxurious, that i would never tote books and heavy items around.... but i would say that it's pretty durable for the most part. you can carry a lot of stuff in there. the leather is soft, but it's not that fragile.
Agreed... I would never put heavy books or even a pen... I am too paranoid. Every night, I put them nicely on the dust cover on top of my closet. I think medium size is perfect fits all the things I need plus diapers, hand toys for baby

04-02-2005
scenester

No classique or city classique does not come with long strap.. I wish it did but it doesn't

04-02-2005
front row

i'm actually pretty sure that the medium city classique does infact come with a strap

04-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmonte1221
I want this bag now! I hope they make it again!

me too! hopefully i'll find someone selling theirs

04-02-2005
front row

i see pictures all over the place of celebs with their city classiques with long straps. are we talking about the same thing? i'm almost positive they have them

04-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY City Girl
i see pictures all over the place of celebs with their city classiques with long straps. are we talking about the same thing? i'm almost positive they have them
Well, my mediums don't have long straps. Mybe it was couple of seasons ago.

04-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
I have a small classique and it comes with a strap. I got mine about a week ago.
If you carry the bag on its strap, the classique hits about slightly below waist level (but I think this is subject to your own body height and proportions).

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I am a bit lost now.... ...there are two kinds of medium!? , like there's the medium like Sienna and then there's the smaller medium which is not small but close to it !?

Also, help me out here which color is better for the medium in Sienna's bag size, pistachio, pale blue or sky blue, seafoam green or white..........!?
The pistachio and the seafoam green are last season's colours.
You can only try your luck on ebay if you want to get them
Only the sky blue is still available while white is always a classic.

But if the colours were not seasonal at all, I would definitely go for seafoam green.
The pistachio would be gorgeous in a Twiggy~!

04-02-2005
front row

sigh of relief... thank you. i was really getting worried that they don't have the strap. i like the look of the strap and the way it makes the bag more versatile and its comfortable if you're carrying a lot of stuff. i did think that only the mediums have the strap, not the smalls, this is great news though as i am about to receive my sky blue classique (sm.) thank you chiangsi.

04-02-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meena
You mean March 2005 or 2006?? I have gone through the old Everything Balenciaga thread and understand that Red will not be included in S/S 2005 collection.
well thats what they told me.
and it was for march 2005..
and i remeber reading frm the old thread that red will make a comeback..

04-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
sigh of relief... thank you. i was really getting worried that they don't have the strap. i like the look of the strap and the way it makes the bag more versatile and its comfortable if you're carrying a lot of stuff. i did think that only the mediums have the strap, not the smalls, this is great news though as i am about to receive my sky blue classique (sm.) thank you chiangsi.
Hey no problem at all NY City Girl! Enjoy your bag!

I have another question about the sky blue - it appears as a "blue jean" shade in the pictures on Aloharag.
But in the pictures provided by the Balenciaga boutique, or as seen in the previous thread, the sky-blue was more of a pale blue.

Can someone please help clear this confusion for me?

04-02-2005
front row

i think the blue jean is the french name for sky blue, or so i read on the old thread. sky blue is light blue or i guess you could call it baby blue. its the one they have on aloharag right now.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread