How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
well thats what they told me.
and it was for march 2005..
and i remeber reading frm the old thread that red will make a comeback..
I remember that too but wasn't it for another yet-to-be determined season?

Anyway, let's just see what happens in March.

I think no one here will complain if the red does appear...except maybe my hubby

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-02-2005
front row

btw i wanted red really bad and when i called the NYC boutique very recently they said they are not making them right now and its not one of the s/s 2005 colors. too bad its a beautiful color.

04-02-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
Hey no problem at all NY City Girl! Enjoy your bag!

I have another question about the sky blue - it appears as a "blue jean" shade in the pictures on Aloharag.
But in the pictures provided by the Balenciaga boutique, or as seen in the previous thread, the sky-blue was more of a pale blue.

Can someone please help clear this confusion for me?

on aloha rag, it appears as "blue layette" and "baby blue"
where does it say blue jean?
the blue layette=baby blue color on balenciaga is a bit vivid, but is pretty close to the actual color. as for the sky blue picture from balenciaga, i have no idea why it came out so light/washed out.

04-02-2005
scenester

they call blue jean= teal om barmeys and denim blue as sky blue.

Normally sky blue shows it's rich blue color, like during the day with natural light but at night times and when you take a picture with flash the color looks very pale blue.

04-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY City Girl
i'm actually pretty sure that the medium city classique does infact come with a strap
I thought you meant long straps...like nicole ritchie white classique.... my bad It definetely comes with straps but I wish it was little bit longer like nicole ritchie

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

Nicole Richie probably got hers custom made.

04-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
Nicole Richie probably got hers custom made.

I believe in the old thread someone mentioned that you can go someplace and have a strap made and it's actually a pretty common thing to do. I'm sure if there is a place to attach the strap, it wouldn't be a problem.

Emi

04-02-2005
backstage pass

I wouldn't use their bags for books...

I mean if you want a school bag I honestly would recommend something from the LV, Prada, or Kate Spade line if it must be designer...maybe Longchamp, though I don't have one so I don't know how they hold up.

04-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amara
I wouldn't use their bags for books...

I mean if you want a school bag I honestly would recommend something from the LV, Prada, or Kate Spade line if it must be designer...maybe Longchamp, though I don't have one so I don't know how they hold up.
longchamp does hold up pretty well ... my freshman year i got one in like every color and used them for my books ... it worked very well ... and i always had one to match my outfit ...

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

LV is great for school. i use a damier uzes and it takes quite a beating, but looks brand new. really would advise against balenciaga for school...

04-02-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian

i really, really love this bag...spring 2005... i'm heavily considering buying it, if i can afford it
It's probably cheaper than your Dior Gambler, no?

04-02-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

going back to the arena, I believe it is actually QUITE a bit larger than the medium (city classique). It was actually quite similar in size and shape to the voyage bag and a couple of years ago was around 1200 in price.

04-02-2005
windowshopping

[QUOTE=miserylovescompany]I believe in the old thread someone mentioned that you can go someplace and have a strap made and it's actually a pretty common thing to do. I'm sure if there is a place to attach the strap, it wouldn't be a problem.

hmm, i called the boutique about the longer strap and they said it was a style from years ago...maybe the first and/or second season. i posted this question on the old thread and someone replied that the bag with the longer strap is referred to as "retro" or "shopper".

does anyone know anything more about these custom-made straps? where i might get this done? i live in nyc.

kirsten dunst is always seen with her "longer strapped" small balenciaga and i seriously covet it every time.

04-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY City Girl
does anyone know if the small calssique comes with a long strap? because on the old everyhting balenciaga thread someone said that they don't but in the pics on pg 1 of this thread the small classique appears to have a strap
i actually like the strap size just the way it is.
but then, i am pretty petite... i don't like it when
my bags hit below my butt.

Last edited by TWILO; 04-02-2005 at 11:35 PM.

04-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
LV is great for school. i use a damier uzes and it takes quite a beating, but looks brand new. really would advise against balenciaga for school...
I used a LV backpack in monogram canvas for my college year. It's very durable and could hold things efficiently. I agree with meowmix for not using balenciaga for heavy duty like school books!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread