How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY City Girl
btw i wanted red really bad and when i called the NYC boutique very recently they said they are not making them right now and its not one of the s/s 2005 colors. too bad its a beautiful color.
i feel like my bubble bursted! ...am definitely looking forward to the new red.
i am pretty sure that in the future, they'll come up with a reddish color.

there were different variations of light green, and this season, there are
many variations of the blue... so in the future, hopefully we will see more
of different shades of red!!

04-02-2005
backstage pass

From the old thread, someone told that (according to the SA of the NY boutique) the classique one with original long strap (that can be worn across your body, not just over your shoulder) was from last or last few years collections. Hope this help.

04-02-2005
backstage pass

I would be happy if RED does come back in March 2005.

The sad thing is that I look forward to getting a bubblegum pink twiggy in March. So if RED also comes out, I'm so afraid that I won't be able to afford it and lose a chance to get one!!

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

^ for the price...my uzes was about the same or a tad bit more expensive than my med balenciaga, but it's def much more durable. other LVs may be even cheaper... something to think about

05-02-2005
scenester

hey meowmix girl, the uzes is actually the only LV i would consider getting at this point. i like that it's not a flashy (monogram, anybody?) bag. there's no zipper as a closure so i can put a ton inside, right?

on the balenciaga note, i have a taupe classique from about 2 years ago. it has the dirty silverish hardware and compared to the newer bags with the brass hardware, the leather is actually a bit smoother and less distressed looking. i use it quite often and it hasn't aged one bit save for a few superficial scratches. i don't know if that makes any sense. but i hope it helps!

05-02-2005
V.I.P.

hey couturefemme!
there is no zipper opening on the uzes...it's kind of expandable. theres two little buckley type of things on the sides and when you let them out it expands...it fits TONS! i fit like 6 midsized hardbacks from the library while doing research and not only did that make it bulky,but also hEAVY. it fits tons...i def took size into consideration with it. the SA at the store put their catalogue binder in to show me what it could fit and it fits folders and binders easily. the front pockets also keep it organized..and theres a little zip pocket inside,as well as acell phone pocket...

05-02-2005
V.I.P.

i also wonder tho, regarding older v newer balenciagas...perhaps the older ones are of better quality as well?

05-02-2005
front row

i have a small black classique that's a few years old and it looks pretty different from the current ones - it's done in a leather that's almost grainy and much thicker. i have a much newer medium turquoise too so i can compare and the leather on the newer one is muchhh thinner and slouchier. also, the black one has flatter gold studs and the shoulder strap doesn't have that extra leather bit that slides over it to thicken the part that goes directly on your shoulder haha that's kind of hard to describe. but it's definitely much less delicate than the new ones. i once saw the same exact one on karolina kurkova in the as seen section of british vogue or elle last fall, if anyone has that issue..

05-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleria
i have a small black classique that's a few years old and it looks pretty different from the current ones - it's done in a leather that's almost grainy and much thicker. i have a much newer medium turquoise too so i can compare and the leather on the newer one is muchhh thinner and slouchier. also, the black one has flatter gold studs and the shoulder strap doesn't have that extra leather bit that slides over it to thicken the part that goes directly on your shoulder haha that's kind of hard to describe. but it's definitely much less delicate than the new ones. i once saw the same exact one on karolina kurkova in the as seen section of british vogue or elle last fall, if anyone has that issue..
So this could explain the mistery...It's sad, they shouldn't have done that, or they should have shorten the price.

05-02-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleria
eleria, u must have the balenciaga with the longer strap! lucky girl.
do u remember when and where your black one was purchased?

05-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
well thats what they told me.
and it was for march 2005..
and i remeber reading frm the old thread that red will make a comeback..
This might have been from something I said.

I was told by an SA at Balenciaga NYC and the NYC commerical...office...place, that red was not discontinued (as in never coming back), but simply was not being used for the upcoming season.

The last time red came out was Spring 2004, I theorised that if we were lucky maybe it would come back Spring 2006, but I was just guessing on that bit.

05-02-2005
V.I.P.

the colors never come back exactly the same...there will be slight differences, such as darker or lighter... a slightly richer, deeper red might be nice

06-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc jacobs addict
Thanks to everyone on all the info on colors and sizes... Does someone have info regarding the prices on the different types of bags?
^^^^^Ditto.

06-02-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmonte1221
I own 2 and use them all the time, the leather is super soft and it looks cracked but it's not actually cracked leather, it's just the distressed look.
^^^^So is that why these bags are so popular???

06-02-2005
backstage pass

I don't really expect the bag to look perfect...I mean it is supposed to look sort of used from what I have heard and I can understand freaking when your $1,000+$ bag looks like it has been damaged when I was under the impression it is supposed to distress more with age.

Natural distressing per design does not mean it is falling apart.

It is another thing if the bag is actually defective, but then that is why stores have return policies...I wonder what Balenciaga's is.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread