How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-02-2005
windowshopping

I asked Jumpei from Aloharag why some bags showed as available on the site when he told me they were sold out and he said they haven't been keeping up with the Balenciaga page like they should. So I wouldn't rely on what the site says... email them to ask.

06-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
Does anyone else think is really strange that baby blue and white arent sold out in the small size on aloha yet taupe is? I would have totally thought it would be the other way around.
I think it's probably because sky Blue is more popular in Medium City Classique than it is the small

06-02-2005
front row

Hey, does anyone have pics of the saddle bag? is that the sac shape they advertised in february issue of elle?

06-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimkhuu
I am a bit lost now.... ...there are two kinds of medium!? , like there's the medium like Sienna and then there's the smaller medium which is not small but close to it !?

Also, help me out here which color is better for the medium in Sienna's bag size, pistachio, pale blue or sky blue, seafoam green or white..........!?
NO there is only one type of medium. Medium City Classique is what Sienna has. The Small classique is the small. There is no other medium !!

06-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by eleria
i have a small black classique that's a few years old and it looks pretty different from the current ones - it's done in a leather that's almost grainy and much thicker. i have a much newer medium turquoise too so i can compare and the leather on the newer one is muchhh thinner and slouchier. also, the black one has flatter gold studs and the shoulder strap doesn't have that extra leather bit that slides over it to thicken the part that goes directly on your shoulder haha that's kind of hard to describe. but it's definitely much less delicate than the new ones. i once saw the same exact one on karolina kurkova in the as seen section of british vogue or elle last fall, if anyone has that issue..
Eleria..I know which one you mean. IT's like a pebbled leather. I heard that was one of the first ones to come out apparently and they came out in that pebbled thicker leather before all this distressed leather came out. iT's lovely !!!

07-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balenciaga Queen
NO there is only one type of medium. Medium City Classique is what Sienna has. The Small classique is the small. There is no other medium !!
The confusion might be because there are 2 sizes in between the small (classique) and the large (voyage bag).

There is the City Classique, which is the traditional medium that everyone thinks about when they think medium (this is the size Sienna Miller has), and then there is the Office Bag, which is larger than the City Classique, but smaller than the Voyage. Confusing?! Sorry!

07-02-2005
Of too many minds

I am becoming penniless from spending on Balenciagas!!

I want a city classique in black but after buying two pre-spring bags I am pretty much out of cash.
Now I have put myself on the waitlist for some of the spring colours and I know I have to get them because the exact colour will not be repeated again.

I wonder when I ever will be able to own my black classique.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

07-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
I am becoming penniless from spending on Balenciagas!!

I want a city classique in black but after buying two pre-spring bags I am pretty much out of cash.
Now I have put myself on the waitlist for some of the spring colours and I know I have to get them because the exact colour will not be repeated again.

I wonder when I ever will be able to own my black classique.
Don't worry about that... black classique will always be around.

07-02-2005
front row

i saw a pic of the balenciaga clutch. its pretty big looks like it would fit quite a few things and its really cute. does anyone own one or know the price and general availability on one of those?

07-02-2005
front row

i don't know how much the clutches cost, but when i was at the NYC Balenciaga boutique the other day, they had the clutch in all different colors (teal blue, indigo, black, etc.) it doesn't seem like it will be impossible to get.

07-02-2005
front row

thanx for the tip InStyle. what size were the ones you saw? cuz i know they range in size from a pretty decent-sized one to the smaller one to hte almost coin-purse size one, whihc might in fact be a coin purse. i think i would get it either in real or the new turquoise coming out for s/s 2005

07-02-2005
fashion insider

The coin purses are around $300 and the larger ones are about $500.

07-02-2005
front row

thanx Foxie

07-02-2005
windowshopping

Should I get a black Twiggy or a teal Twiggy? I need a new black purse but I love the colorful Balenciagas...

07-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxe obsession
Should I get a black Twiggy or a teal Twiggy? I need a new black purse but I love the colorful Balenciagas...
FWIW, I would recommend the teal. It's colourful and goes with practically every colour.
Black would really look more fetching in a classique.

FYI, I can use my Twiggy as a shoulder bag...so it's really a good shape to get!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread