How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-08-2005
rising star

thanks klow! i got the rouge twiggy. this is my first b-bag. i feel so lucky that just when my craving for a red bag was uncontrollable, they bring out the red this season. have been thinking about a b-bag on and off for years but never managed to want it that badly - until now! it was your post that alerted me to the fact that they were bringing out the red. can't wait to see it, i hope i love it!

31-08-2005
fashion elite

Oh yeah you asked me about the red twiggy. Red is gorgeous isn't it? Can wait to get mine I've been waiting for more than 4 1/2 months now Do you know if browns still have the red in city?

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

31-08-2005
rising star

On the website is says "sold out" (same now with the twiggy). When I called last Friday I asked for the twiggy and the woman said she had one left, but when she quoted me the price it was different from the website. She must have misheard me so it's possible she was saying they had one CITY left - but the price she gave was 660 which is wrong for the City also. When she thought my bag was sold out, she said she'd still be able to get it for me. So it may be worth calling - they are normally helpful if you speak to them. I can call and find out for you today if you want.

31-08-2005
fashion elite

Thanks for the offer very appreciated. I will give them a call and find out.
Would you be able to post some pictures of you twiggy? I would like to see because I think after I get my city. I would like to get a twiggy but in other colours.

31-08-2005
rising star

Will try to post pics later this evening. Am not great with technology but hopefully can figure it out...

I love the Twiggy style best - the City etc don't do it for me cos I tend to like my bags long, rectangular and 'boxy' - i think it's more comfortable on the shoulder cos you can kind of push it behind you rather than resting on your hip (i'm 5.2 and v small so having a big square bag on my hip would make me look like a twig)

31-08-2005
fashion elite

klow-chloe i called balenciaga NY yesterday and asked them about the rouge theatre bags, they said they received the first batch of the roughe theatre. And when i asked when will i get mine, they said they are going through the people who have put their name on March. So if ur name is on March i am guessing that you will be getting it soon.

31-08-2005
fashion elite

I have a question, is there a new balenciaga bag this season thats similar to the first classique? but more square? my cousin was telling me about one she saw and said its a new style and its avalible in rouge theatre...but i am hesistant i dont know who it looks like so i am so unsure..anyone knows?

31-08-2005
fashion elite

^^ Yes they received the first batch but they already sent them to who ever put their name down since March. I did put my in April so I guess I have to wait a little longer.

31-08-2005
backstage pass

Is there anyone here order the rouge theatre city from luisaviaroma? I have been waiting for Illaria to confirm when the bag will arrive...

31-08-2005
rising star

Hi I need help! I just opened my rouge twiggy and the colour's a lot darker than I expected, even in natural daylight. I thought it was going to be more cherry/strawberry but instead mine looks like...berry or wine.

also, as this is my first b-bag, I'm not sure about some of the details:

1) isn't it meant to have silver hardware/zippers and rivets?
2) The label inside the main compartment in front of the zipped pocket, is it meant to be a silver plate? Mine is red leather with balenciaga.paris and number plus made in italy at the back.

31-08-2005
windowshopping

Hi, this is my first time posting here but have been a regular viewer for a few weeks.
I have just ordered my first b bag, a magenta box.
Can't wait for it to arrive!!

31-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
I have a question, is there a new balenciaga bag this season thats similar to the first classique? but more square? my cousin was telling me about one she saw and said its a new style and its avalible in rouge theatre...but i am hesistant i dont know who it looks like so i am so unsure..anyone knows?
That would be the Box - its about the same size as a classique, but deeper and more of a rectangle/square. You can see a pic on balenciaga.com.

31-08-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_chloe
Hi I need help! I just opened my rouge twiggy and the colour's a lot darker than I expected, even in natural daylight. I thought it was going to be more cherry/strawberry but instead mine looks like...berry or wine.

2) The label inside the main compartment in front of the zipped pocket, is it meant to be a silver plate? Mine is red leather with balenciaga.paris and number plus made in italy at the back.
1) the hardward is brushed brass
2) for the twiggy, the label is leather rather than silver plate.

I'm also kinda confused about the red and have seen so many variations.

31-08-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_chloe

Hi there! Its possible you got one from a slightly darker batch. I doubt its the bordeaux because bordeaux is more like a deep plum with a hint of red wine - it is very, very dark. I am hoping for more of a dark red, so your news is good news to me. I'm due to get my rouge twiggy today. If it turns out to be a bright red, how about we switch?

This years bags have brass hardware, not silver.

Last edited by circoit; 31-08-2005 at 10:05 AM.

31-08-2005
rising star

Hi, thanks for your message. mine feels like a plummy red, but maybe that's cos I was expecting it to be lighter.

YES i would like to swap if the one you get is lighter. don't know how'll we go about doing it though.... i would like a 'lipstick' red if that makes sense, but not orangey. i've tried to post pics of the colour i was expecting but don't know how to do it.

yes, i realised about the hardware after looking at the pics properly

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread