How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-02-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxie-Pooh
It's the slouchy origami bag in their magazine ad...you know, the blue one with red/organge braided pieces
Sry...OT- This is the one I was talking about

from style.com

17-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILO
are you sure you want a black one when you already have an indigo?? just asking cuz i've been told by many people that my teal looks black from afar.
i'm thinking the indigo and black would be pretty similiar. just a thought.
I also have a classique in teal and just saw the twiggy in indigo a few days ago. I think the indigo looked much brighter than teal (so it doesn't look that similar to black, compared to teal).

Unless you really want the bag in "BLACK" (not just "dark color / shade"), then you may want to consider getting other color. Anyway, that's my personal view. All in all, I think each color of Balenciaga bag delivers different feeling and looks, and that's why we all them!!

17-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
it's antique gray. you could say that it's closer to a khaki/camel color.
it's a GREAT neutral color. the taupe really is gorgeous in real life.
Totally agree!! It is grey with a hint of green / khahi, which is different from the heather grey.

I got my taupe twiggy a few days ago and just love the color more and more!! Anyway, after I got the twiggy (which I thought I really loved), I feel like I actually prefer the small and city classique. The twiggy is good if you want more space, but I think the classique (both small and city) is more functional.

17-02-2005
rising star

Hi everyone I have a black le dix, but now really want a twiggy. I would like either a brown or tan colour. Does anyone know what colours they come in and also whether a tan would get dirty? Is there a darker brown avaliable?

Thanks

17-02-2005
windowshopping

Has Anyone Ever Gotten A Damaged Bag Shipped From The Nyc Store?

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
gosh i checked out a bunch of consignment stores today...

and i saw a brand new seafoam twiggy...
the leather was absolutely PERFECT.
just the right amount of distressing, soft, yet not too thin....

also saw a used seafoam arena...
its really sad how the arena bags are discontinued now..

its hard to put my babyblue medium over my shoulder and i dont like to use the long strap... i wish they made an arena in babyblue... then i would have gotten it instead of getting the medium.
i really loved the look of the "shopper" aka arena bags.
yes, too bad they are discontinued.

maybe when i visit korea this summer... i can get my hands on a seafoam
bag... i don't care what it is (classique, city classique, twiggy...etc.)

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu55inthemule
Hi everyone I have a black le dix, but now really want a twiggy. I would like either a brown or tan colour. Does anyone know what colours they come in and also whether a tan would get dirty? Is there a darker brown avaliable?

Thanks
the bag is not "le dix" anymore. it was actually a different line of bags from balenciaga. they are officially the motorcycle bags--sans the word "le dix".

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu55inthemule

Thanks
no dark browns available at the moment.

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel
can you tell me which consignment store had the seafoam twiggy-the name and the city its in? i really want one, maybe theyd sell it to me, if they can ship it...

about what i said about wanting a black classique-i do, but i was watching the ashlee simpson show just now and this girl who was on it had a white classique and damn it looked so gorgeous..now im back to wondering if i should get white. decisions...
compared to the white, which i know is known to get super-dirty, this color will hold up, darker colors will hold up longer. didn't you see the picture that cloud9 posted earlier in the thread?

17-02-2005
blue

angel - the store is located in seoul, korea. i doubt they speak english... the twiggy costs around $1600.

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meena
Totally agree!! It is grey with a hint of green / khahi, which is different from the heather grey.

I got my taupe twiggy a few days ago and just love the color more and more!! Anyway, after I got the twiggy (which I thought I really loved), I feel like I actually prefer the small and city classique. The twiggy is good if you want more space, but I think the classique (both small and city) is more functional.
keep the taupe twiggy! since it's a classic color, you can carry it with anything you wear. i prefer the classique in a bolder color or a lighter shade since i'd like to carry it on a night out or events so it can stand out with the outfits i wear.

17-02-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud9
angel - the store is located in seoul, korea. i doubt they speak english... the twiggy costs around $1600.

geez... that's almost double the price!! is it really worth trying to salvage the seafoam? maybe it's just better that we wait and hope for balenciaga to come out with a light greenish color in the future....
$1600 just hurts.

17-02-2005
front row

red is definitely a must-have. it just looks so wonderful with black or neutral attire!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg red.jpg (25.1 KB, 599 views)

17-02-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
geez... that's almost double the price!! is it really worth trying to salvage the seafoam? maybe it's just better that we wait and hope for balenciaga to come out with a light greenish color in the future....
$1600 just hurts.
yeah, thats crazy :/ i'm going to wait on it, i have a source who may be coming thru for me with a seafoam..its a long shot tho.

i'm back to square one trying to decide between white and black-after seeing that girl carrying a small white on the Ashlee Simpson show last night-it just looked so good...gahh.

also on that show Ashlee was carrying a small tan, it looked gorgeous

17-02-2005
front row

i don't care what others say! i absolutely love everything about these bags.

i really don't think the bag is flimsy at all.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread