How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWILO
the guide doesn't really tell you what you don't know. what we discussed in this thread, is pretty much all. there will be a lot more photos to go with it though.

it's pretty much what you should look for in a fake...etc. i'm not going to go into the details, but i'm telling you, for the price that they're selling it for on ebay, NOT worth it.
on their ebay auction, it says
something like they have "170" of the guides available. that's misleading since they're not sending you an actual guide. it's a link to their website. i HATE everything that is misleading. i don't care if they are reputable sellers or not.
that wording is just misleading--i really thought i was going to get a nice, portable guide that i can carry it with me.... by mail. anyways, i read their website once, and i thought "it's pretty much everything i've read in the "old" balenciaga thread except it's all summed up neatly.
also, you're supposed to get rights to their forum, but i've been waiting for almost a month now for them to authroize my registration. still waiting....
i've written them several times, but still not authorized. it's frustrating cuz i've been waiting and waiting....

bottom line, i think it's a waste of money.

Firstly I don't think it's a waste of money especially for the person that is shopping online on ebay and has no idea about stuff like this thread on fashion forums etc. Secondly if you get everything you want here in this forum, why do you want to enter the Authentic Balenciaga forum for???

17-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
i don't know this seller that well, except for that i purchased the "link" to their site.... but the way she handled the copyright thing-y on the "old" balenciaga thread regarding her rights to her photos, it was just down-right rude. she could've handled it in a more civil manner, instead of being threatening....
I think she would have handled it in a more civil manner if Angel didn't take off with everyone's photos from the board and made them public when they were for private use and viewing by the private forum members only. I think anyone that had anything private and had it publicised by anyone particularly by a trusted member of that board would have acted in the same manner.

17-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloegal
Yeah the guide does provide important information on the difference of fake and real balenciagas not just the lampo zippers.
It was the first guide that explained ... the very fact of super sellers selling fake bags. I don't know if you remember that on the first balenciaga thread Balenciaga Queen was the first person to write about real balenciaga and all the importan imformation that you are all aware now.. She of course got the information from Dude herself and from the guide.. so Yes, I suggest you read upon on the guide if you aren't sure.
Yes everything I learnt about Balenciaga was from Dude. She was the first person that I had ever bought a Balenciaga bag from and have been in love with the bags ever since and I have learnt so much from her and continue to do so in her private board. She is far from rude. She is only rude if you betray her trust or you are a fake seller which is fair enough. I think I would be the same.

17-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

please do not discuss another forum whilst posting at tfs...

it is bad internet form...and it's against tfs rules...
any future posts regarding another forum will be edited...

back to balenciaga please...

great pictures starbrite...must be nice that you share a common interest with your mom...

18-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyt
I think dudeiloveyou is a total rip off. she is so snooty about these bags. i did not have to buy her guide to know a bag is fake. this board and the last Balenciaga board were enough. $14.95? I don't think so dude. All you have to do to know a bag is real is where the seller bought it from and have them show you a receipt. I wouldn't buy on ebay otherwise. Oh plus the lightening bolt style lampo stamp on the zipper is key. I wouldn't bother messing with someone who isn't a known authentic seller that doesn't have a receipt.

The lightning bolt style lampo is not the key. There are other factors. 2 members here bought their bags from Barneys NY and Harvey Nichols not long ago and they didn't have lampo zippers.

<edit-off topic>

Last edited by softgrey; 18-02-2005 at 05:31 AM.

18-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by softgrey
please do not discuss another forum whilst posting at tfs...

it is bad internet form...and it's against tfs rules...
any future posts regarding another forum will be edited...

back to balenciaga please...

great pictures starbrite...must be nice that you share a common interest with your mom...
Sorry Soft. Didn't know that it was against tfs rules. Are we allowed to discuss ebay then?

18-02-2005
fashion elite

Hello.. could you please help me to find a site where I can see all the AUTHENTIC colors of the Balenciaga handbag? I've one in black and another one in white, and I'm going to buy a new one, but here in Italy it's very hard to find, so maybe I'd need to order one from a site... suggest a site with authentic Balenciaga... (sorry for my english!).

18-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
keep the taupe twiggy! since it's a classic color, you can carry it with anything you wear. i prefer the classique in a bolder color or a lighter shade since i'd like to carry it on a night out or events so it can stand out with the outfits i wear.
Thanks, Twilo!! I will definitely keep the taupe twiggy because I think the taupe color looks more and more gorgeous (and same as the teal) !! I just feel that the classique (and the city classique, I haven't got this one) should be more functional. Actually, I already bought 2 Balenciaga bags in 6 weeks and I'm really happy with them....so I will have to stay calm for a while until I will be able to get a new one. Anyway, my next baby will be either the classique or city classique. I will just wait and see which color I will have, RED should be REALLY NICE and I hope Balenciaga will come up with a nice shade of red for fall 2005!!

18-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellylicious
Hmmm, i think the new turqoise and the pink are the "IN" colors right now. How will that hold up in a few years? As much as i would love getting one in these colors, I have the same dilemma about them co-ordinating with my wardrobe.
That happens to me sometimes too..... I'm not so sure about the new turqoise, but the teal is just right for most colors (mix / match)...

18-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnaandmike
I JUST CALLED THE NYC BOUTIQUE,AND PUT MY NAME ON THE WAITING LIST FOR A MEDIUM CLASSIQUE TAUPE BAG,IT SHOULD BE IN NEXT WEEK SOMETIME.
I hope you will enjoy your taupe medium classique (as much as I am enjoying my taupe twiggy). My friend got one and I think it's just gorgeous !

18-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balenciaga Queen
Sorry Soft. Didn't know that it was against tfs rules. Are we allowed to discuss ebay then?
not really..you may not advertise any sales here and links to e-bay are generally not permitted...
posting a pic to ask if something is authentic might be the only exception...but without the link...

thanks to everyone for complying ...

18-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
OK ladies, I said I was never going to buy a Balenciaga...well.... I didn't - my husband did. Apparently he received a call from Balenciaga and they told him my teal blue saddle bag is in and he paid for it. I should receive it next week. Yes, yes, yes, I'm freaking excited . I'll post pics when it gets here.

Maxi
Congratulation, dear!!

18-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellylicious
I called the NYC store today and they no longer are taking names for classique teal and taupe. They do have indigo blue and dolma green in stock. Can anyone share with me what you think about dolma green? Is it really a pretty neutral color or not? THANKS!
I have seen the classique in dolma green and I think it's also cool and considered a neutral color. Unless you hate green or really want a bright color, I think you will find it nice. Why don't you ask the NYC store to e-mail you the pic?

18-02-2005
flaunt the imperfection

well...don't say i never gave you anything...LOL...
from a party in williamsburg...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (280.8 KB, 59 views)

18-02-2005
rising star

hey all
Im kinda new to the balenciaga bag (saw it in harvey nics and nearly died...It was sooo gorgeous! Im already saving up for 1 now)
Im just confused with all the diff bags.
I want a balck one like Kate Moss...in the style the Mary-kate and Ashely have...is that a motorcycle or a classique or are they the same thing? Im confused!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread