How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-10-2004
V.I.P.

hey can someone tell me how to say it? lol ba-len-cee-uh?

01-10-2004
Adorable illusion

I've always pronounced it ba-len-cee-ah-ga. Excuse me if Im wrong

01-10-2004
stories everywhere

Bah-len-cee-ah-gah.

same as vintage princess

02-10-2004
backstage pass

hah i had the hardest time pronouncing the name at first....now it just rolls off my tongue...

ba-len-cee-ah-gah...it's such a beautiful sound...

i was wondering about citymoda.com... it seems so odd that they're so cheap (considering the retail)...
i was awfully tempted by one (yellow..), but i usually buy my bags at boutiques, simply for the peace of mind... so i never actually did....i've never heard anything definate..

i really want one of these bags...but i'm just so on the fence, they're gorgeous, but i'm not completely sure i wanna pay the retail price....

i DID see a gorgeous seafoam TINY bag at neimans today (the sa said it was a return + she really didn't know how it ended up there since they don't usually carry balenciaga....but it was way too small for my tastes (though aboslutely adorable! if i carried tiny bags, i'd have bought it in a second.)

02-10-2004
Meg
inspired contemplation

did slinky buy a balenciaga off of citymoda? I actually don't think the citymoda ones are fake. They aren't that much cheaper than retail really.

02-10-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by Meg@Oct 2 2004, 01:12 AM
did slinky buy a balenciaga off of citymoda? I actually don't think the citymoda ones are fake. They aren't that much cheaper than retail really.
[snapback]382757[/snapback]
The citymoda bags are fakes. The SA at the Balenciaga store in Chelsea and the SA in Barneys confirmed it.

02-10-2004
fashion elite

A lot of time "legit" retailers claim that websites sell fakes, even if they do not. Why would they want you to buy it from anyone but them? Personally I wouldnt buy from city moda because they lie about retail prices and are only like $50-100 under retail most of the time. I don't know about authenticity, but I dont think that Balenciaga or Barneys would really be an impartial judge.

03-10-2004
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally posted by MJCouture@Oct 2 2004, 11:51 AM
A lot of time "legit" retailers claim that websites sell fakes, even if they do not. Why would they want you to buy it from anyone but them? Personally I wouldnt buy from city moda because they lie about retail prices and are only like $50-100 under retail most of the time. I don't know about authenticity, but I dont think that Balenciaga or Barneys would really be an impartial judge.
[snapback]383022[/snapback]
Actually they based their claims on the fact that they have had several customers asking to repair Balenciaga bags that had been purchased on some of these sites and the bags had defects and details that confirmed these were fake bags. In one instance, the Barneys SA told me that she had two customers who had the exact same numbers on their control tags. And Barneys did give me the telephone number of another, competitive retailer that sells authentic Balenciaga bags - and this retailer has a website so Barneys doesnt seem to have problem recommending so-called competitive sites.

04-10-2004
rising star

Hi guys, I have a Balenciaga question for you.... I found a black suede Balenciaga motorcycle-type bag (with lots of zipper pockets, fringers, etc.) at a discount store. It's gorgeous and lovely and perfect for fall... I know it's a bit old but I do love it. I just am a little shocked by how steep the discount price was.... (a couple hundred as opposed to over a thousand). Are there fakes of the suede bags out there?? There isn't any way for them to get into major dept. stores, right? This was the only one of these bags at the store so it seems like a crazy fluke... I live in the 'burbs so maybe that explains why it hadn't already been snatched up. Also, it was missing the long over-the-shoulder strap. Anyway, any thoughts would be much appreciated!
Thanks!

04-10-2004
Adorable illusion

^^ I dont know if Balenciaga made suede versions! But please post pics of you can

04-10-2004
rising star

i *think* it's called a suede motorcycle bag, but it doesn't look exactly like the classic leather motorcycle.... it's got lots of little zippers all across the front and one zip on the backside. anyway, i don't have a digital cam, but there's one on ebay now (in a tan color..mine's black). i'll look around and try to find pix online....
but balenciaga does definitely make suede bags in general, right???

Quote:
Originally posted by vintage_princess@Oct 4 2004, 06:00 PM
^^ I dont know if Balenciaga made suede versions! But please post pics of you can
[snapback]385343[/snapback]

04-10-2004
rising star

the balenciaga suede bag i got is similar to this, but squarer and much smaller....this is the only approximate pic i could find.
not sure if the attachment will work so here's a link:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/i-globalmall_1809_42027873
Attached Images
File Type: jpg balenciagasuedebag.jpg (41.3 KB, 121 views)

05-10-2004
no tom ford, no thanks.

Quote:
Originally posted by Taitai@Oct 2 2004, 11:16 PM
And Barneys did give me the telephone number of another, competitive retailer that sells authentic Balenciaga bags - and this retailer has a website so Barneys doesnt seem to have problem recommending so-called competitive sites.
[snapback]383476[/snapback]
what was this website they recommended?

05-10-2004
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeijames@Oct 5 2004, 10:55 AM
what was this website they recommended?
[snapback]386169[/snapback]

i'm wondering as well....

though, i've pretty much come to terms with the fact that i will never own one...

one can dream, i suppose...

05-10-2004
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally posted by chippie27@Oct 4 2004, 09:05 PM
the balenciaga suede bag i got is similar to this, but squarer and much smaller....this is the only approximate pic i could find.
not sure if the attachment will work so here's a link:
http://store1.yimg.com/I/i-globalmall_1809_42027873
[snapback]385479[/snapback]

I didnt know Balenciaga made a bag like that

The zips on the fron in that zig zag shape remind me of the Botkier Trigger bag..

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread