How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

i hope you're aware the NEW turquoise is nothing like the OLD turquoise which was similar to the seafoam

04-02-2005
Of too many minds

This picture illustrates the new colours for Spring 2005

(picture is saved from the previous thread): True Turquoise, Apple Green and Bubblegum Pink.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 722ca22f.jpeg (37.9 KB, 1343 views)

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

04-02-2005
backstage pass

More information for anyone new jumping in or people who have forgotten...

According to Balenciaga NYC the Medium Classique is now dubbed the City Classique, so if you ask for the City then you will get the medium.

The dimensions are 15 w, 10 h, and 3.5 d...which is weird because aloha lists it as 5.5... He did say that it was smaller at the top then the bottom...I trust the boutiques measurements though.

If you call the NYC boutique and don't have an SA already then I recommend asking for Miguel, he is really nice.

Seafoam is a discontinued colour (this is the bag that one of the Olsen twins uses) and the only way to get it now is to take your chances with ebay. Balenciaga Queen is probably more then happy to help with telling if a bag is authentic or not, but that should probably be brought up on the 'fake designer bags' thread or via PM. She is very helpful like that, so she is the person I would recommend and who I would probably go to if I were to attempt it the ebay way.

The bag is not available in red this season and was last available in normal red Spring 2004.

There is one metallic red (resort collection 2004?) at Balenciaga NYC, I was offered it, but declined.

The list for Teal, Sky Blue, Putty Green are quite long at the NYC boutique and they can't guarantee them to people who get on the list.

Black is expected to be in stock in two months and it is not a seasonal colour.

The Spring colours will be available mid March, you can waitlist now.

The leather is said to be very lightweight and we were debating how well it will hold up, before the other thread vanished.

Barney's and select Neimans stores carry the brand as well.

There is a thread dedicated to discussing 'Lush' bags, which make a knockoff of the Motorcycle bag (it has a Lush label inside so it is not a fake, just a replica).

I hope this helped someone.

Last edited by Amara; 04-02-2005 at 01:03 AM.

04-02-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
i hope you're aware the NEW turquoise is nothing like the OLD turquoise which was similar to the seafoam
if that was directed to me (which i'm guessing it was since it was posted right after my reply), i'm well aware that the NEW turquoise is nthing like the OLD turquoise:

"i thought the new turquoise was going to be close to seafoam, but now that we know its more like royal blue, i'm really not interested in it."

anyways about the seafoam-
i know someone who has a small seafoam, i keep trying to convince her to sell it but she knows what she's got and how rare it is so she's not budging. anyone want to speculate what a real seafoam would go for on ebay? i saw a pewter medium go for more than 2 grand a couple weeks ago..with seafoam being such a coveted color, imagine if an authentic seafoam medium came up for auction. i'd guess it would go for at least $2500, if not more.....

04-02-2005
scenester

Ok, so I don't know if someone answered to my question, as I was sleeping, and now all the balenciaga thread has disappeared. So, sorry, I will ask again:how the balenciaga age? (talking about the fact that the skin looks thin). Thanks. Ah, I dreamt about finally receiving my classic black! Sorry if you already answered, but please, I would like to know. Thanks, thanks, thanks!

04-02-2005
backstage pass

It's such a relieve that we now have a new "Everything Balenciaga" thread!!

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

elsa, i've heard things about hte leather cracking or peeling..

04-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Really! How long that bag has been used??

Actually I think the cracked leather was intentionally made and just the unique style of Balenciaga Bags. Anyway, the peeling can be defect or caused after a heavy use!!

04-02-2005
scenester

Quote:
Mmhh...That worries me, as I am the kind of person moving a lot, taking the subway, running here and there...Not a calm girl at all! Still I love the design of the bag...I just wonder: how comes that Kristen Dunst or Gwyneth Paltrow are still carring the same balenciaga (both seem to have a 2003 bag)? I saw a large picture of an Olsen with a white bag, and you could see it is a little dirty and really peeled at the angles...My mother (she was with me at the shop) told me they probably had to make the skin that thin in order to be able to sew the bag that way and to have those nicely shading colors. Still she was astonished by the price. I am a little upset because I had never seen the bag in person, and I just imagined this was a super-resistant bag lasting a lifetime, and I am not super rich, I couldn't afford purchase like that every month.

04-02-2005
windowshopping

A bit more info for those wanting the measurements of the different bags. I saw lots of questions about this in the now deleted thread.

Classique Bag - (h) 7.5in x (w) 13in x (d) 2.5in

City Classique Bag - (h) 9.80 in. x (w) 15in. x (d) 5.5 in.

Twiggy Boston Bag - Strap Length 24.5 in. (h) 7 in x (w) 15 in. x (d) 6.25 in.

Small Twiggy Boston Bag - Strap Length 18 in. (h) 5 in. x (w) 9.80 in. x (d) (maximum) 5 in.

Office Bag - (h)11 in. x (w) 18 in. x (d) 7.50 in.

Messenger Bag - Strap Length 37.5 in. 50 in. (h) 14.5 in. x (w) 12.6 in. x (d) 5 in.

Voyage Bag - (h) 13.40 in. x (w) 20.50 in x (d) 7.90 in.

All measurements came from the Aloharag site.

04-02-2005
windowshopping

Elsa,
Don't know if this will help but I recently took my Voyage as a carry on and after stuffing it in the overhead compartment and throwing it around the airport it was fine aside from a few surface scratches. No rips, no deep scratches.

My cat's claw caught my black Classique a few months ago and a very thin piece of the "crackled" leather lifted. You can hardly tell though because it's black. I'm sure if it was a lighter color it would show up more, but aside from that I haven't had any problems with the leather and I'm pretty hard on my purses.

Mich

04-02-2005
V.I.P.

Meena, i think it was used for about a year...? it's a brown one
elsa, i honestly wouldn't recommend a balenciaga as an investment bag... unless perhaps it's the black one. I think all the celebs who are still carrying their old ones perhaps because the black ones show the least wear... and i don't know much about the older bags, but maybe they were made better or differently?
i used my white one for ONE day andit's already got some colors marked on it...
it is an expensive bag for the price, and the lining is just cotton. if you're looking for an investment and that can withstand lots of wear, i wouldn't recommend these... as much as i love them, it's more of a style/trend piece

04-02-2005
windowshopping

The leather on my teal bag seems to be pretty durable. It's very soft, but it's strong. It's a little more delicate than other types of leather, but as someone previously stated, it's not a bag made for toting lots of heavy books around.

Personally, I think that this bag is a really good investment. I've wanted one since they first came out four years ago and I've mulled it over a lot--for me, the real thing is worth it.

That being said, I also don't have anything against buying a good quality fake bag. Before I got this bag, I bought some really great-looking Balenciaga superfakes that I got for very cheap in Asia.

04-02-2005
backstage pass

Though the leather used looks pretty thin, personally I think the balenciaga bag is pretty durable and requires less care (giving that the look is supposed to be distressed and like you have been using this bag for many years). Also, it can be used on a daily basis, especially if yours is in a bit dark tone color. Mine is the teal classique and I'm really really happy with it in terms of size, styles, durability and practicality!!

Anyway, I agree with meowmix that the bag wasn't designed to carry very heavy items like thick text books (though the price is pretty high ). So when I go to work, I normally put my wallet, key ring, cellphone and cosmetic pouch in my balenciaga bag and have another Tumi brief stuffed with those papers and computer notebook. This is great because during lunch time or in the evening, I can just leave the Tumi brief behind and go out with the chic balenciaga bag!!

04-02-2005
backstage pass

Has anyone seen the real bubblegum twiggy or classique?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread