How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

27-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
For a giggle: 6834486500 on eBay - looks like someone got a Bedazzler for Christmas!
That is just not right. Can't that be banned for the bling?? Thanks for the laugh.

27-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surferchick2
That is just not right. Can't that be banned for the bling?? Thanks for the laugh.
OH LORD!!!! Going to be !!! Can you bling me????

27-12-2005
Info warrior/technophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
For a giggle: 6834486500 on eBay - looks like someone got a Bedazzler for Christmas!
Oh my!

27-12-2005
front row

smallfry, i LOVE the apple green, i've always wanted it, definitely don't sell it! i think it's one of those really special colors they make occasionally that is just so insane it almost glows, like the magenta.

27-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
I'm planning setting it up to arrive by the end of the week so may have it overnighted. I didn't get a call back yesterday so just left a message on his voicemail this morning since he was out on the floor. Problem is, the more time that goes by, the more I start thinking.... I'm a bit concerned about the 18" span of the Work (since it's going to use it for travelling) now and the handle clearance for the shoulder (since there's no shoulder strap). If it's really slouchy, it can kind of hang over the rollaboard without rubbing the seats. I know I'm being a freak, but I've gotten a few worn edges from totes that were wider than the suitcase. I'm considering the purse (after janyoung99's suggestion), which looks good, with the larger handles and the only concern is the 2" width, but the city says 4" even though the bottom width is actually 5.5". So maybe the purse is more like 4" at the bottom? Can that be confirmed? I can't find any side pictures of it, except for a stock one so if anyone has one or can direct me to a more detailed pic, that would be great. And, if it's really soft and squishy like the cities, it won't look so bad with big things in there. Sucks not having easy access to bbags IRL and I cringe at the the thought of exchanging anything via mail order. I hope he doesn't think I'm turning into the customer from h*ll!
Okay you are not being a freak, but that does mean much coming from me. (freaks of all freaks ). I am going to be using my work for traveling too. I saw a black in person today and im in .

It is the perfect size, especially for travel, as a carry on. I think you shoudl get the work more so than the purse, the purse does not have as much depth! DOOOO ITTTTT! hahah

Have you spoken to your SA yet??

get the work get the work get the work

Last edited by DaraKaye; 27-12-2005 at 03:32 PM.

27-12-2005
backstage pass

LP- that bedazzled bag is soooooo nice, where can i get one? hahah

27-12-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
Dara: You are such a BAD influence!!!! I've seen the black work IRL too--it's so sharp!!!

Last edited by Jellylicious; 27-12-2005 at 04:01 PM.

27-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellylicious
Dara: You are such a BAD influence!!!! I've seen the black work IRL too--it's so sharp!!!
I know, I have heard that one before .

Im not a good shopping partner for the mere reason of declining a credit card!

Yes,I think I am falling in love with the black work!

27-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaraKaye
Have you spoken to your SA yet??

He hasn't called me back yet. I had left a msg on the 24th, was going to pick out a work for me and call back (and never did), and then left a message today. Maybe I'm not ordering enough?? lol. I did throw in an interest in a box or twiggy in another color. OK...I might have to just do it. Did it look wide? Did you wear it over your shoulder? Will it look more like a tote so I'll have to check one of my bags?? Is it squishy and slouchy?? I'm running out the door so I expect some answers when I get back since I'm buying this because of you!! Well, I hope I get a call from BNY by then...I really want to get something by the end of the day. How late in the day do they ship out...I really want to call again but it feels like I'm bordering on harassment. LOL.

Last edited by Surferchick2; 27-12-2005 at 04:31 PM.

27-12-2005
Info warrior/technophile

Quote:
He hasn't called me back yet. I had left one on the 24th, was going to pick out a work for me and call back (and never did), and then left a message today. Maybe I'm not ordering enough?? lol. I did throw in an interest in a box or twiggy in another color. OK...I might have to just do it. Did it look wide? Did you wear it over your shoulder? Will it look more like a tote so I'll have to check one of my bags?? I'm running out the door so I expect some answers when I get back since I'm buying this because of you!! Well, I hope I get a call from BNY by then...I really want to get something by the end of the day.
You know Surferchcik, when I ordered by phone from BNY, the SA was super! Her name is Melissa. I described what I wanted, she took my info, shipped it out that night and I got it the next day (it was exactly what I wanted) and this all happend on December the 22nd, a couple of days before your call to them and during the transit strike so I don't think you should accept the holidays or whatever as an excuse. Frankly, if I were you, I would be kind of pi$sed if I expressed the sincere interest in paying that much money and didn't even get a speedy reply as promised ! Why don't you call them and ask for a different SA. Nicely tell them what happened and I think you'll get the desired response, or at least I would hope that you will.

Last edited by Umm Zain; 27-12-2005 at 04:34 PM.

27-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umm Zain
Why don't you call them and ask for a different SA. Nicely tell them what happened and I think you'll get the desired response, or at least I would hope that you will.
I know...I just feel bad because he's been nice when I get in touch with him and was the one that answered my first e-mail to them about a month ago. I'm thinking the Work that I asked for yesterday may be already picked out and waiting. I should have said I may be considering a coin purse instead if I have much more time to think about it...LOL! If I don't hear back in a few, I'll ring one more time.

Last edited by Surferchick2; 27-12-2005 at 04:43 PM.

27-12-2005
scenester

Just a quick question here: Brown's Fashion is an authorized Balenciaga reseller, right?
Thanks

27-12-2005
scenester

So does B-NY have any black works in stock? I am dying for one. I have a magenta work and it's such a great bag...I do wish it had a shoulder strap but oh well...fashion over function...

I just need my magenta day bag to sell...I went magenta crazy in the spring and bought way too many magenta bags...but the color is so amazing, I couldn't resist.

Anyhow, please post pics when it arrives.....maybe it will hold me over until I can get mine

27-12-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by april.white
Just a quick question here: Brown's Fashion is an authorized Balenciaga reseller, right?
Thanks
Yes, they are

27-12-2005
backstage pass

Did Barneys sell their small classiques for $1095 at one point? Thanks

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread