How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
stories everywhere

6836052126 - superfake i think, the gray last season was darker and the main picture is a bit stock looking. the hardware is good though.

hahaha this is fun...

04-01-2006
backstage pass

I am in love with the new ink colour! I like it more than the cornflower blue... And the emerald green looks like more of a forest green... And, ink may be more versatile than lilac...

04-01-2006
stories everywhere

wait- anyone know if aloharag gotten the new shipment in? i might have to tromp down there today and check...

Last edited by oceanharlot; 04-01-2006 at 04:16 PM.

04-01-2006
windowshopping

I love my Calcaire classique bag, but my addiction has set in and I am now ready for another bag, I'm thinking maybe a twiggy this time..Does anyone know where I can purchase a twiggy particulary to the contrast of the calcaire maybe ink or something along the lines of the darker colors, is anyone sure which colors are available now? fall 05' and spring 06' are they both available now, thanks for any info

04-01-2006
front row

Ooohhh ink <where's the icon for *drool*?>
Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diorella
I am in love with the new ink colour! I like it more than the cornflower blue... And the emerald green looks like more of a forest green... And, ink may be more versatile than lilac...

04-01-2006
stories everywhere

fawn- http://ateliernaff.blogspot.com/

has a list of all the pre-spring colors, to give you an idea of the current collection.

ok girls- i'm gonna hop off to town! peace!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
Hi guys. I'm glad I can enter the thread again. It's my first time buying in eBay and if the seller gives you this answer will you buy?
"Well if the .925 is supposed to be there, then I guess it is. This
is the final time I will answer questions regarding authenticity.
As I have said in every other email, this bag is 100% authentic,
and you should not worry about it not being authentic. I
purchased it at BARNEYS NEW YORK, which is a official dealer of
Balenciaga. Maybe you aren't familiar with the store, but it is the
most prestigious department store in the US."

Also, she has very few pictures but insists that she bought it at Barneys.

Maybe now I'll just get the metallic silver in the "Box" at Balenciaga in Paris. I heard that in the US they don't really have metallics in this shape. I'm afraid it might be too shiny though, but maybe it's cool! And I can put more stuff inside.
Oh lordy. As I said in my PM, La V, she does NOT deserve to sell that bag. I hope nobody buys it. She's being so uncooperative.

Can anyone with a 2004 metallic check to see if the tag has the .925 silver stamp? My husband was speculating that because the tags are colored to match the bags, they more likely used aluminum for that run.

As for the silver metallic - it's too bad that the old photos are gone, because there were a couple of the silver that showed it was very pretty. It's light, and I think has a very faint beige-ish cast, and it doesn't fight with the bright silver hardware. I think you'd like it, La V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunspark
Why do you think the red's fake? I thought it was real.
Cheers, Carolyn
If you compare it to the one Christina's wearing right beside it, look at the difference in drape, and the difference in the hardware. The hardware on the auction bag looks too big, and is not the right color. On the picture lower down, where you can see the back of the studs on the handles, there are no notches, which should be present for a 2005 bag. It's small, but they're clearly not there. The 1's on the metal plate have serifs at the top. The stamped number on the metal tag looks like the numbers are too large, and it's stamped so close to the stitching it's almost touching - I've never seen that much variation of placement in an authentic bag. The shoulder strap is sort of "bent" where it was folded. Authentic straps don't hold that bend.

And if all that weren't enough: She says in the auction that it comes with a security tag attached. That's a new trick of the replica sellers. They're thinking it will protect them from people using the bag for a little while then having someone on the street tell them the bag is fake. I know that doesn't mean that an authentic bag seller might not put a security tag on too, but it was just a red light to me.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Louisey, now that you say that about the silver ... I'm almost 99% sold on it

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointie
What do you think of #6836052126?
fake.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
abby and ocean ... I know, it was a weird answer considering I'm the one buying. I think I can ask these questions. It's also strange that the seller didn't even confirm that there is the 925 but just said "If it's supposed to be there, then I guess it is".

I'm really disappointed though since I wanted a pewter.
don't get too down about it. another pewter will come along -- hopefully one with a nicer seller.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanharlot
i dont know about that caramel. tentatively i'd say its real- leather is beautiful one way or another- but i'm not that familiar with older than 04 bags... sorry
Oceanharlot -- totally OT but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar.....so cool yet mysterioius....

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Is the Holiday pewter a dark pewter or a light pewter?

04-01-2006
front row

Well, I got this answer
"Thanks for your interest. I have added some more
pictures to the listing. Don't hesitate if you are planning on
using buy it now- I have just had another user email me saying
that they were planning to do that today! "

I don't see the new pics. I asked for pics of the side hardware and close ups of the tags/numbers.
Cheers, Carolyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbyroad
don't get too down about it. another pewter will come along -- hopefully one with a nicer seller.

04-01-2006
tailored

i ordered this yesterday from barneys beverly hills...on sale! mine will be navy...(pic from barneys catalog)

although now i'm wondering if i should return it since i'm on the list for an ink city...probably not!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Louisey, now that you say that about the silver ... I'm almost 99% sold on it
Check out post 11987 - it has pics of the silver and pewter clutches smallfry was deciding between. She ended up choosing the silver to keep.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread