How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
front row

But can you wear it on your shoulder? I find the twiggy hangs funny...
Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
Sunspark, what's holding me ... the authenticity of the plate, size and the rudeness in the beginning! Is the pewter too dark, but I'm still liking it.

I have a First and I have to change to small wallets, mini agenda and a really small make-up case to put in the bag.

04-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
Oceanharlot -- totally OT but I LOVE LOVE LOVE your avatar.....so cool yet mysterioius....
I agree with mammab. I've been admiring if for a while. Magritte, right?

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Sun, the handles are too small to put in the shoulder... and I'm a tiny person of 5'0. The shoulder strap hangs a bit weird.

04-01-2006
front row

Hmmm. I should have bought the pewter I saw two weeks ago

Do you have a medium? DOes that hang better? Or is the city really just a *hand* bag? I'm also considering the day hobo, bu am only 5' 2" and am worried it may be too long...
Cheers, Carolyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
Sun, the handles are too small to put in the shoulder... and I'm a tiny person of 5'0. The shoulder strap hangs a bit weird.

04-01-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimair
did they have anymore of that style at barneys hebden? i've been looking for that style forever!!
Yes, one more in the dark brown and one in a lighter tan color. They're reduced (second reduction). If you're interested, PM me and I'll give you my SA's contact info.

04-01-2006
rising star

Sunspark, I think the bag is authentic, but I agree with La Van. I don't think the First is meant to be worn as an everyday "shoulder" bag. I use it as a hand-held and sometimes use the strap, but it's not very flattering when worn with the strap. I can actually get the handles over my shoulder, but most of the bag disappears under my arm, and I'm a size 4. The City is better for shoulder carriage, if you're not wearing a jacket. But, to be completely honest, the Day/Hobo and the Purse are probably your best bets if you're looking for a bag you can always carry on your shoulder. I find that with both my First and City styles, I prefer them dangling on my arm

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Sun, I don't have a medium ... I have the "Box" and I like it. If you are considering the hobo, there is a pewter hobo still available at the Balenciaga in Paris. You can call there and ask for Nathalie.

I thought about the hobo, but I think it might be too big for me.

04-01-2006
I am half-sick of shadows

kimair - I just saw your follow-up post. Congrats on getting the bag! The leather is beautifully soft.

04-01-2006
trendsetter

sunspark, I think the pewter's authentic, I just think the seller's a PITA. Other than that - you're going to have to fight it out with La V. :-)

As for the hardware from the old metallics - I always wondered if the color might chip off, though that's probably less of an issue with the pewter than, say, orange or magenta.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Now that I see more pictures of this eBay item, I'm now in a very hard decision between Pewter First or Silver Box.

Help!

Which color would match more with other colors?

04-01-2006
front row

Ok this is the first time the site has been back up for me.
I can't believe how much I missed you all. Mammab, I totally agree with you about TFS being an addiction. I know that was a few pages back but I had a lot to catch up on.

04-01-2006
front row

Wow! This board is moving right along! I've got to catch up. Sounds like a big buzz on the metallics.

I've got a very slight concern on my calcaire twiggy. I'm not sure if I can explain this clearly but you know the shoulder strap and how it loops around that oblong ring and the leather doesn't really overlap? Well it does but where the leather ends, it tapers in thickness so when it is sewn or glued down (or however Balenciaga does it) it appears to be in uniform thickness. Well this tapered end has split away slightly so you can see the seam. Urgh, I'm not sure if I'm explaining this right. But on a lot of fake ones, you can see on the shoulder strap how the leather totally overlaps, creating bulk.

I'm not concerned that it will split apart because it is sewn down but I'm just being anal. Has anyone noticed that on any of their bags with shoulder straps? Your thoughts would be appreciated!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

designme ... hasn't happened to my shoulder straps.

04-01-2006
windowshopping

ok so if somebody is interested in saving some money on balenciaga bags, just read my little story: i was shopping with my mum this monday and was pulling her into every expensive store in vienna . and so somehow we landed in the helmut lang shop and i literally froze for a minute when a large grey motocyle balenciaga bag caught my eyes. next to it, a olive green messenger. and the price put me finally over the edge. 1045 euro for the large bag ( sorry i don know the name, its pretty big ) after checking some ebay auctions, i assume that this is really cheap. unfortunately i am just a student with zero cent on my account, so hopefully this can help someone. the salesperson said, they will get more shipments in some weeks.

Last edited by whiteorleander; 04-01-2006 at 05:36 PM.

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnb2
I love my Calcaire classique bag, but my addiction has set in and I am now ready for another bag, I'm thinking maybe a twiggy this time..Does anyone know where I can purchase a twiggy particulary to the contrast of the calcaire maybe ink or something along the lines of the darker colors, is anyone sure which colors are available now? fall 05' and spring 06' are they both available now, thanks for any info
As of yesterday, Bal-NYC had the twiggy in black, white, grey and muddy olive. Hope this helps!!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread