How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Thanks smallfry and nycmom. I called the Paris store 2 days ago and they still had it. I hope nobody bought it yet!

I also prefer the box style for me. I like it that it has more tassles and I can put more stuff and carry on my shoulder.

04-01-2006
tfs star

Maybe this is a little bit after the fact - but - I have the most current pewter in the city and absolutely love it. It has a depth of color that the silver doesn't. It is also changes colors depending on what you're wearing and the brightness of the light (inside or outside, etc.) That being said, I think the smaller bags look great in the silver. The larger the bag, IMO, the worse the silver looks. Also - the silver looks more going-out-at-night to me but come summer, it'll probably be a great looking day time bag as well.

04-01-2006
front row

I did, and congrats on your honeymoon.
Tomorrow I really have to do some housework, take down the darn Christmas tree, and repost that twiggy!
Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
Sunspark, what a great discussion on our experiences with this pewter :p I assume you got it, right?

I guess it was not meant for me!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

That was quite fun sunspark. All the complaints about the seller led to her putting more pictures and us discussing the authenticity. What a story!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

I also have to sleep now, it's 1AM and have to work tomorrow and call the shop

We also need to throw our tree, it's almost dead! Maybe I didn't water it enough. Now, the burden is to cut the branches

04-01-2006
front row

OMG, I just realized you're in Switzerland. I'm in Canada and have to go make dinner, it's just after 4. The internet has made the world so much smaller. I would never have imagined hanging out with a Swiss and shopping for Balenciaga on a cold Winter's afternoon.

Cheers, Carolyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Vanguardia
I also have to sleep now, it's 1AM and have to work tomorrow and call the shop

We also need to throw our tree, it's almost dead! Maybe I didn't water it enough. Now, the burden is to cut the branches

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Yeap sun! Though I'm Filipino and not Swiss :p Good night and enjoy your bag.

Take some more pictures than the seller made and let me know how you like it!

04-01-2006
rising star

I just had an interview for a summer internship that, if I get it (I hope!) will be a ton of backbreaking work and a bunch of money. If I find out that I get it, I'm thinking of rewarding myself with a Balenciaga (so I can take something beautiful to work every day even if the hours are depressingly long). I definitely want a medium/city so that I could fit files into it if I needed to. Looking at the new colors, I'm really attracted to the grey, emerald green and ink. Which color do you think would be better for every day? For the office I would be wearing mostly black, but normally I wear a lot of jeans and different colors of sweaters and tank tops. The grey would probably be the most basic, but Balenciaga's colors are just so beautiful...

Also, if I go into the Bal boutique in NYC, will I be able to try on different sizes of bags and look at color swatches?

Thanks!

04-01-2006
backstage pass

yes usually you can but you might want to call first to make sure what you want is in stock

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by pietonne
I just had an interview for a summer internship that, if I get it (I hope!) will be a ton of backbreaking work and a bunch of money. If I find out that I get it, I'm thinking of rewarding myself with a Balenciaga (so I can take something beautiful to work every day even if the hours are depressingly long). I definitely want a medium/city so that I could fit files into it if I needed to. Looking at the new colors, I'm really attracted to the grey, emerald green and ink. Which color do you think would be better for every day? For the office I would be wearing mostly black, but normally I wear a lot of jeans and different colors of sweaters and tank tops. The grey would probably be the most basic, but Balenciaga's colors are just so beautiful...

Also, if I go into the Bal boutique in NYC, will I be able to try on different sizes of bags and look at color swatches?

Thanks!
Yes, you will be able to try on bags at Bal-NYC and they should have color swatches, although I remember reading that some of the colors were just on paper, not the actual leather. As far as the three colors you are deciding between, I vote for the grey. The fall grey was gorgeous and I think the spring is going to be very similar. The ink is beautiful also, but if you wear a lot of black, it might not be the best choice. And, I haven't seen any pics of the emerald yet, so I can't speak to that. I am really anxious to see what it looks like!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Hmmm...so glad the thread is back. Sounds like ebay sales go up when TFS goes down.

My strategy regarding b-bag purchases and husbands/significant others (a) show husband the croc b-bag at $13-14K (he liked it!), leather b-bags now look like a bargain and (b) buy many b-bags (I think I have, ummm, 8 now with 2 on the way)...that way he can't keep up...or thinks it does look like something you already have...

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kini
The best I've come up with so far is to wait a few months before I use one of them, then when he asks, say, "Oh this? I've had it a long time." Ditto with the second.
I tell my DH the same thing except when he "questions" if I really have had it for a long time, I turn the tables on the whole conversation and switch it to:

"You never listen to me anymore. You just don't care. I can't believe you don't remember when I first got it, I was so happy and showed it off. I think we are just becoming distant."

He gets really quiet and apologizes and tells me how much he loves me.

Arent I sneaky....but it works!

04-01-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab
I tell my DH the same thing except when he "questions" if I really have had it for a long time, I turn the tables on the whole conversation and switch it to:

"You never listen to me anymore. You just don't care. I can't believe you don't remember when I first got it, I was so happy and showed it off. I think we are just becoming distant."

LOL

04-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammab

b

mammab...that is SO funny . I just read your post to my husband and even he was laughing!

04-01-2006
front row

Oh my gosh mammab! That's hilarious!

I don't think I could say that with a straight face to my fiance. He's got a pretty good memory about these things unfortunately!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
2003, 2009, balenciaga, february, june, thread