How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2005
tfs star

Does anyone know if any new and exciting bags will be coming our way from Bottega this fall? I've seen pictures posted, but has anyone seen any of the actual bags?

19-06-2005
tfs star

If anyone has seen the actual fall bags, is there anything coming out like this limited edition? I would LOVE to have a similar bag .
Attached Images
File Type: bmp Bottega Veneta Limited Edition.bmp (253.2 KB, 69 views)

19-06-2005
tfs star

Has anyone seen this gold hobo? Is it metallic? What does it look like in person. I'm thinking about ordering it. Do you think this is more fall/winter or all year bag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bottega Gold.jpg (44.4 KB, 18 views)

19-06-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BalBabe
Does anyone know if any new and exciting bags will be coming our way from Bottega this fall? I've seen pictures posted, but has anyone seen any of the actual bags?
I don't know if this is new, but the nicest BV bag I've seen by far was their crocodile bag. I don't know the bag's name but it looks very much like the Marc Jacobs GRACE bag, with two handles and an unshiny gold clasp. Beautiful bag and the softest crocodile leather I've ever touched. Much softer than Hermes croc even. The color was somewhere between green and taupe, sizewise I would guess it was about 12-13 inches. I've never seen the bag either in pictures or in catalogs. Price was about US$14000.

Last edited by Taitai; 19-06-2005 at 11:24 AM.
19-06-2005
fashion insider

I've seen some two tone woven bags, and some fall bags. They are quite bulky but very nice, elegant, and understated.

19-06-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
I don't know if this is new, but the nicest BV bag I've seen by far was their crocodile bag. I don't know the bag's name but it looks very much like the Marc Jacobs GRACE bag, with two handles and an unshiny gold clasp. Beautiful bag and the softest crocodile leather I've ever touched. Much softer than Hermes croc even. The color was somewhere between green and taupe, sizewise I would guess it was about 12-13 inches. I've never seen the bag either in pictures or in catalogs. Price was about US$14000.
You know, when I add up all the money I spend on bags alone in one year, I could definitely get a birkin or the crocodile bag, but somehow having a few bags to show for it makes it more easy to swallow then spending a large amount on just one bag. Also, I'm not a Hermes bag person as I think they look old . Maybe when I'm 60 or 70 .

19-06-2005
offline.

Quote:
If anyone has seen the actual fall bags, is there anything coming out like this limited edition? I would LOVE to have a similar bag .

That bag is hot...

Love it.

I saw a similar one in blue with square inserts of different colors all over it... I think it's still on the bv website... I still love that one more.

19-06-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna
That bag is hot...

Love it.

I saw a similar one in blue with square inserts of different colors all over it... I think it's still on the bv website... I still love that one more.
Luna, that bag is HOT isn't it . I saw the blue one as well and didn't get it quick enough. I'm wondering if they're doing something similar for fall becaue I'll be all over it .

19-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
You know, when I add up all the money I spend on bags alone in one year, I could definitely get a birkin or the crocodile bag, but somehow having a few bags to show for it makes it more easy to swallow then spending a large amount on just one bag. Also, I'm not a Hermes bag person as I think they look old . Maybe when I'm 60 or 70 .
BalBabe - you're a riot. I actually feel the same way and have been recently fluctuating between the two brands myself. Until the JPG's designs were readily available at Hermes, I originally felt the same way as you and thus, just spent my $$$ at Bottega Veneta. I purchased their fortune cookie bag from last winter and am waiting for 2-3 gorgeous new bags to arrive for this winter. My "best" friends at my local boutique were kind enough to oder it for me during their trunk show. Overall - it's a matter of personal preference. Each brand has their own individual strong points.

P.S. Don't worry - I will post pics of these new babies once they arrive. All exotic leathers. Yum!

19-06-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_lemming
BalBabe - you're a riot. I actually feel the same way and have been recently fluctuating between the two brands myself. Until the JPG's designs were readily available at Hermes, I originally felt the same way as you and thus, just spent my $$$ at Bottega Veneta. I purchased their fortune cookie bag from last winter and am waiting for 2-3 gorgeous new bags to arrive for this winter. My "best" friends at my local boutique were kind enough to oder it for me during their trunk show. Overall - it's a matter of personal preference. Each brand has their own individual strong points.

P.S. Don't worry - I will post pics of these new babies once they arrive. All exotic leathers. Yum!
hermes_lemming, I think the JPG Hermes bag is HOT, HOT, HOT! Much younger looking and definitely worth investigating for myself. Like i stated before, I'm somewhat of a bag ho and like to have many instead of a few . Please do post pics when you get your new bags as I'm DYING to see them.

19-06-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
hermes_lemming, I think the JPG Hermes bag is HOT, HOT, HOT! Much younger looking and definitely worth investigating for myself. Like i stated before, I'm somewhat of a bag ho and like to have many instead of a few . Please do post pics when you get your new bags as I'm DYING to see them.
will do... it's their fault, to be honest. they were serving champagne during the trunk show so i'm officially blaming the spree on the alcohol. hahahaha...

19-06-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by hermes_lemming
will do... it's their fault, to be honest. they were serving champagne during the trunk show so i'm officially blaming the spree on the alcohol. hahahaha...
You couldn't ask for a better day, champagne and shopping, mmmmmmmmmm, my idea of heaven .

19-06-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Has anyone seen this gold hobo? Is it metallic? What does it look like in person. I'm thinking about ordering it. Do you think this is more fall/winter or all year bag.
I have and it's tan suede dusted with gold, so it's not nearly as metallic looking in person as it is in the pictures. the suede seemed quite fragile to me and the gold dusting was weird. some people like it though.

20-06-2005
trendsetter

I think I *definitely* want one of the 2-toned hobos. In black/grey perhaps.

20-06-2005
fashion elite

so my GF got the white grommeted hobo and it is luscious. the napa cannot compare to the deerskin. now I want one in army green, grr.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta