How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-08-2004
barcode

I love the bags for this season, great colors, skins and details.......my favorite piece, wood, tiger-eye and sterling silver

08-02-2005
rising star

Bottega Veneta Bags
I have been thinking about buying this bag for a while now, but I'm not sure about the quality of these bags. Also, has anyone seen this one in real life? Is it as beautiful in person as it looks in the picture?

Thanks,
Maxi
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bottega Veneta Orange.jpg (51.5 KB, 63 views)

08-02-2005
backstage pass

BV is an excellent brand...the quality is top notch. I haven't seen this bag in person, but it looks beautiful.

08-02-2005
rising star

That is so good to hear about the quality. Actually, I think I'll take a stab and order it. If I don't like it, I can return it .

Maxi

08-02-2005
windowshopping

My husband bought me a Bottega Veneta bag for Christmas, and it's absolutely gorgeous and beautifully made. I don't think that you can go wrong with one of these :-)

08-02-2005
rising star

oh order it!!! BV have the most beautiful leather...!!

08-02-2005
V.I.P.

Yea, my roomate at college practically has a collection and they're all super beautiful and well made. Plus, I really like the style and color you picked out, so I say order it!

08-02-2005
rising star

I'm so glad I posted today because I wasn't sure if I should order or not. With all these replies, I'm definitely ordering. I just hope it's as beautiful in real life as it is in the pic. Thanks everyone :p .

Maxi

08-02-2005
Of too many minds

I have a BV hobo from last season and I love it to bits.

It's sturdy, the leather is of a good quality and it holds everything I throw inside.
Plus, I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

I am glad you decided to order your bag, I am sure you won't regret it.

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
09-02-2005
scenester

Hello! I just received my bottega bag today. Wow! Wonderful! I'm italian, my grandmother was a tailor,a perfectionist, so, you know, I'm quite obsessed about the quality of the materials, I am often unsatisfied. But this bag! Great! But are you sure about the color? Shouldn't you buy a more classic one? I personally had it in light-brown/dark tan, and I think that in a color without shadings the bag has a hippie twist but is still classic. I have the feeling that one could be tired a day about the shadings, you see?

09-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsa
Hello! I just received my bottega bag today. Wow! Wonderful! I'm italian, my grandmother was a tailor,a perfectionist, so, you know, I'm quite obsessed about the quality of the materials, I am often unsatisfied. But this bag! Great! But are you sure about the color? Shouldn't you buy a more classic one? I personally had it in light-brown/dark tan, and I think that in a color without shadings the bag has a hippie twist but is still classic. I have the feeling that one could be tired a day about the shadings, you see?
Elsa, I am absolutely positive about the color. I have so many colors of bags, but this will be my first orange (and a shiney one at that). If I do like the quality, I will definitely buy a much larger shoulder bag in a neutral color.

Elsa, wasn't it you who was looking into buying a Balenciaga and changed your mind because of the quality? If so, I'm glad you found a bag that you really love and is of such great quality . There's nothing worse than spending so much money on something you feel is not wonderful. (However, I still am getting 2 Balenciaga bags )

If you can, please post pictures of your bag. I'd love to see it.

Maxi

09-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
I have a BV hobo from last season and I love it to bits.

It's sturdy, the leather is of a good quality and it holds everything I throw inside.
Plus, I get compliments on it everywhere I go.

I am glad you decided to order your bag, I am sure you won't regret it.
I saw pictures of the hobos from last season and was so tempted "many" times to buy one, but I was afraid of the quality and the size. I am hoping that BV is going to be a brand that I can trust and love .

Maxi

09-02-2005
scenester

Yes, it's me! So you want this color + the quality is really good=you'll be more than satisfied! My boyfriend has a digital camera, I will ask him to show me how to use it, and I will post the pics tomorrow!

09-02-2005
rising star

Thanks elsa, I can't wait to see pics. What bag did you get?

Maxi

09-02-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
I saw pictures of the hobos from last season and was so tempted "many" times to buy one, but I was afraid of the quality and the size. I am hoping that BV is going to be a brand that I can trust and love .

Maxi
Just to let you know, mine's a bright orange origami hobo from F/W04.
I feel it just the ideal size for all my junk and the colour's bright and gorgeous.
It's amazing how many colours orange can go with..except purple maybe..

I use this bag a lot and I am really torn between my BV hobo and my Balenciagas. I think the leather from both is different but fantastic!!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta