How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-02-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiangsi1980
Just to let you know, mine's a bright orange origami hobo from F/W04.
I feel it just the ideal size for all my junk and the colour's bright and gorgeous.
It's amazing how many colours orange can go with..except purple maybe..

I use this bag a lot and I am really torn between my BV hobo and my Balenciagas. I think the leather from both is different but fantastic!!
I'm excited about the orange color - one thing I do not own is a black bag (if you can believe that), but that will all change when my Balenciaga black medium motto comes in . I simply adore color and know I will get a lot of use out of the woven orange.

Maxi

11-02-2005
scenester

Maxi, I think I'm not going to post the photo as I would have to ask my boyfriend to help and I don't to want to tell him about the bag...It's not that I think I did something wrong, but he wouldn't understand and I don't wanna lie about the price. One spring sunny day he will se my bag on me, he will ask me if it's new and that's it. But I don't want to point his attention on the bag, because he obviously will ask me more questions. He is the type of person who thinks you can't spend for dresses or bags. Just books, travels and...restaurants. I don't agree with him, I think it's good for me to buy a beautiful item once in a while if I can afford, and I think he should make an effort about the way dresses...Personally I hate to spend money in restaurants, for istance...Once he made a scandal because I bought a little Antik Batik bag: it was on sale, I spent something like 4O dollars, and for him it was a big problem!!! For Bottega Veneta I spent 420 euros. I bought it on Yoox, so it was half the price, it must be from last year collection. It's the same as in the link, but caramel. Elsa

http://www.neimanmarcus.com:80/store...index=2&cmCat=

11-02-2005
scenester

vintage
I wanted to ask a question to some bottega veneta's experts. I found a nice vintage bottega veneta bag on ebay. My new bottega veneta bag has the interiors in suede, and this one not, but interiors are in leather (not suede) anyway, so maybe it is authentic. Do you know if the old bottega veneta bags had the interiors in leather, but not in suede? Thanks!
Elsa

11-02-2005
backstage pass

Bettega Veneta bag is great and worth your money!! I got a woven-leather hobo in dark brown color and a woven shoulder in white color. They both are so classy and I'm sure they will last for many years (both because of the quality and design)!

Too bad I look forward to get a new balanciaga twiggy bag and mulberry roxanne, so I can't get any more Bettega Veneta bag for now!

front row

Meena, i have a question about your white BV. does it get dirty fast and is it really high maintenance or is it ok?

12-02-2005
fashion insider

I really want this one. It's amazing how much they cost. My momma would flip!

12-02-2005
windowshopping

I have a pair of BV pumps in woven red leather - they're so fabulous that I bought the last pair even though they were 1 size too small! If you can afford it it'd be a classic purchase and very durable.

12-02-2005
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY City Girl
Meena, i have a question about your white BV. does it get dirty fast and is it really high maintenance or is it ok?
Yes, it's quite easy to get dirty. For me, I think we can try to avoid the stains but it's a bit hard to keep it white color unchanged if you use it often. Anyway, I think it is usual for white bags, shoes or even clothes... At least leather gets dirty less that than canvas...

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
I have been thinking about buying this bag for a while now, but I'm not sure about the quality of these bags. Also, has anyone seen this one in real life? Is it as beautiful in person as it looks in the picture?

Thanks,
Maxi
That bag is absolutely gorgeous in person. I wanted to buy it but I was Christmas shopping at the time so other items took priority!

14-02-2005
& b

Bottega has an amazing quality

I have this black woven clutch from back in the days, I bought it on a vintage store, one of my great finds, and the leather, the detailing, it's still intact... and my lifestyle hasn't reflected on the clutch at all...

I remember when I went to NYC and walked into the boutique at the St. Regis hotel, and I was amazed by those bags... simply gorgeous... BV practically is a timeless bag, whatever you get, the shape and colours are just

rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolie Laide
That bag is absolutely gorgeous in person. I wanted to buy it but I was Christmas shopping at the time so other items took priority!
Phew! That is so great to hear. I was worried since I didn't see the bag in person, but I knew if I didn't like it, I could return it. Now, just to get it here.

Maxi

29-03-2005
mmmmmm...fashion....

A woven bottega is an absolute classic. It gets softer and more tactile with age. Although i would say you're better off with a classic style such as the hobo or cabat. BV is on the verge of overexposure and some recent exotic skin designs have been truely awful.

16-04-2005
front row

I am a new fan of Bottega - recently bought myself a brown cabat and am loving it ! The feel of the soft leather is amazing and the quaility of the bag is worth every cent. It's supposed to be a limited edition with 250 bags made only - wonder how that works since it's their best selling design ? Anyway, I know I'll be using this for many years to come, soon after the other IT bags have outlived thei ITness !

16-04-2005
trendsetter

I've been wanting a Bottega hobo woven bag for the longest time. Not easy to find where I live though

16-04-2005
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
I've been wanting a Bottega hobo woven bag for the longest time. Not easy to find where I live though
aren't there some for sale at saks.com ?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta