How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-02-2006
backstage pass

Heres a photo of the cocker you can get through Neimanmarcus.com or saks.com. I like it better than the new one. $1780
neimanmarcus.com

10-02-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyGirl
just came across this in the jessica simpson thread -- lousey, is your this one or the bigger one?

sorry it's so small -- I can't seem to post the expanded image or a link to it (any tips would be appreciated)

source: hollywoodsbest
Here's a link to the big image, let's see if it works... Thanks LilyGirl, that's my exact bag (only in black)! I can't believe I have the same bag as Jessica Simpson. Now I'm worried that I might be dressing wayyy too young with this bag... I emailed the BV personal shopper about the colors, haven't heard back yet.

10-02-2006
scenester

I have that cocker in the dark brown. Its a bit annoying getting in and out of the bag, but other than that its great. Why don't you get the Neimans one then if you like the colour and handle? As for the other style, the one on NAP I got my mother one also in brown. Its a nice bag but I definitely prefer the cocker one. I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

10-02-2006
scenester

LP
Thats the exact bag that was on Brownsfashion last week. I thought it was very nice but very expensive for such a small bag. Oh if only it was bigger and cheaper! I guess its a more lady-like style....thats not me for at all!

10-02-2006
scenester

I don't think you're dressing too young. Its a very nice small bag.....don't let JS put you off the bag! I think it would be great for evenings. Check out the red one, maybe that one will work better for you. Good luck either way.

10-02-2006
trendsetter

Yeah, it was definitely expensive! I tend to prefer small bags in any case, so I wouldn't have gone for a larger size. I just love the detail in it, the way the sides are structured and the handles connected, etc. I actually looked at it one afternoon, then dreamed about it two nights in a row, so I went back to look again hoping I'd be able to talk myself out of it - big mistake. I'm gonna be selling some Balenciagas to make up for it!

11-02-2006
scenester

In that case you really must keep it!

11-02-2006
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
LilyGirl
You are so lucky to have seen the new Cocker. I've been dying to see a picture but no luck so far. Was the dark red a sort of wine colour or simply a dark red? I'd love to get one but I'd rather see what it looks like first. Unfortunately no BV stores anywhere near me and the catalogue they promised me has still not arrived. The blue sounds great too. Decisions decisions.....
the red crocker and other deerskin bags are not bright red like the bags on bv's website -- dark red or blood red might be a more accurate description. I wouldn't call it wine because there is no purple tinge to it at all -- it's just red.

windowshopping

Hi, I've been a lurker of the TFS forum and have been enjoying all the posts related to BV. Today, I went to the NYC BV boutique and bought the brown woven hobo which retailed for $1630. Is this considered the large hobo size? I'm only aware of the $1260 small one and this size. When I came home and I tried it on, tucked under my shoulder, it doesn't look too slouchy and not as much of a drop as I thought there'd be basing it on how it looked on other people. Now I'm wondering if there's supposed to be slightly larger version of this and was wondering if what I have is a medium sized. And if there's a larger hobo size, would you kindly let me know what the retail price is for that one? Much thanks in advance!

12-02-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Here's a link to the big image, let's see if it works... Thanks LilyGirl, that's my exact bag (only in black)! I can't believe I have the same bag as Jessica Simpson. Now I'm worried that I might be dressing wayyy too young with this bag... I emailed the BV personal shopper about the colors, haven't heard back yet.
IMHO .. I think the bag doesn't look way too young at all .. it's a great size and very very cute. :p

12-02-2006
trendsetter

So here are some pix of my lovely new bag. It's awfully hard to capture the detail with my camera, and the detail is the best part. I love the way the ends of the bag are connected to the handles, and the details around the grommets. The handles are wrapped with the same lace that's all around the outline of the bag. Oh, and there's a little cell-phone pocket inside! (as well as a zip pocket along one side) And thanks maylo and nizlay for the reassurance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bag.jpg (80.2 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg detail.jpg (73.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg end.jpg (82.5 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg inside.jpg (61.4 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by LouiseyPeasey; 12-02-2006 at 12:28 AM.
12-02-2006
scenester

I saw this bag at BV today and must agree--it is absolutely beautiful. I'd have come home with one of my own if it was a bit bigger. Great purchase!

12-02-2006
trendsetter

LP, the bag is totally, totally gorgeous. Love the details BV puts into every part of the bag. The lace everywhere!!

I would get one myself if it's much bigger. It would be awesome in a larger size.

tfs star

Louisey, that new BV is gorgeous!

14-02-2006
scenester

Louisey, the girls are right. The bag is gorgeous. Did you decide to keep the black or check out the other colours? I personally think you should stick with the black. I am sure it will come in useful for a very long time!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta