How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-05-2006
windowshopping

Bottega Veneta Bags Online
I have found several sites online that carry authentic BV bags, and at a decent price. Although I cannot find the style that I am looking for. What is the style of BV purse that Jennifer Aniston has? I love that purse, but i dont know the style. Does anyone know??

23-05-2006
trendsetter

Hi everyone. I attended a Bottega trunk show and lunch hosted by no less than Tomas Maier himself! He is an absolute sweetie. Really nice guy (although it's hard to tell when he's being serious and cracking a joke). Clearly a visionary!

I have always admired Bottega bags and when they explained the production process, vision of the brand, training of their artisans, I was really impressed.

I also got to see the CROC CABAT in person - and I was left completely speechless. This bag is AMAZING. Stunning beyond words. It is also beyond expensive at about US$75,000 It is, without doubt, the softest, most luxe croc leather I have ever felt in my life. Even MUCH softer and richer than Hermes croc. They explained that EACH croc cabat uses up to TWENTY FIVE diff types of croc skins that they then weave together, so that the bag has a richer texture compared to "regular" high end croc bags that use from the same croc skin. They match the different tones to make sure it complements the overall look of the bag.

And you can really tell the difference! It has a sheen that makes the bag appear different depending on the background, lighting, etc. I am now obsessed with the croc cabat!!

Anyway, they featured a few limited edition BV bags mostly in exotic skins. I saw and fell in love with a special edition Medium Lido Cabat. This is part of their latest collection, but has a more streamlined and "cleaner" design than the large lido cabat. I loved it from first sight because of its wonderful mixed tones of mostly white, beigey-orangey dark brown, etc.

I am now a total BV convert!!

Here's my new baby...

Trivia: since Tomas was a former designer at Hermes, he made a funny/sarcastic comment when he saw my croc birkin. He said "I believe our croc takes longer to produce than your bag, as lovely as it is" :p
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BVCabat.jpg (475.2 KB, 22 views)

23-05-2006
trendsetter

Wow, taitai, that's beautiful! And how lucky are you to have met the man himself?!

23-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
Wow, taitai, that's beautiful! And how lucky are you to have met the man himself?!
Thanks Louisey! And guess what, I met that "other guy" - the jewelry guy you and I discussed? But ever so briefly, like all of 5 seconds!

23-05-2006
Of too many minds

^Taitai, that sounds wonderful. And your new baby is gorgeous

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
27-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessImp.
^Taitai, that sounds wonderful. And your new baby is gorgeous
Thanks Princess! This week I got a BV book in the mail with a lovely personalized note from Tomas. He made reference to something I said, so I was pretty thrilled.

Some people PMed me to see the size of the bag, so here is another picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BVSize.jpg (137.9 KB, 27 views)

27-05-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Thanks Louisey! And guess what, I met that "other guy" - the jewelry guy you and I discussed? But ever so briefly, like all of 5 seconds!
Wow, you're definitely moving in the right social circles - I'm living vicariously through you now.

Oh, and the bag is still gorgeous. I want to hug it.

28-05-2006
front row

Absolutely gorgeous, Taitai! Love that bag!

windowshopping

I just bought a new bottega bag! it's beautiful
bottega.jpg

03-06-2006
rising star

I love the braided handle on the Cocker. Enjoy!

03-06-2006
windowshopping

Does the Cocker bag above (black) seem to be authentic? I bought it off a site that has authentic bags, as well as very well made fakes. It comes with a dust bag, authenticity card, and Bottega Veneta is written on the inside. I am still questioning whether or not it is real though?!

03-06-2006
rising star

It's hard to tell from that picture, but now that I take a closer look at it, I'm not so sure. I think we would need some close ups of the bag to know for sure. The fakers include "authenticity cards" and dustbags, etc., so the presence of these items does not necessarily determine authenticity. Do you have the website? Did you pay close to or at retail for it? If you got a super discount, it's probably a fake.

03-06-2006
scenester

Is the hardware gunmetal or shiny silver colour?

03-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelseaanice
Does the Cocker bag above (black) seem to be authentic? I bought it off a site that has authentic bags, as well as very well made fakes. It comes with a dust bag, authenticity card, and Bottega Veneta is written on the inside. I am still questioning whether or not it is real though?!
Your bag has a nice soft sheen that makes me think it could be real. Which website did you buy it from?

Btw, be careful about posting pictures that show specific close up details of your bag. I know that there are people on the fake bag thread that use those details and then share those details with their FAKE bag manufacturers to help them make better fakes.

That's why I tend to post not-very-good fuzzy photos.

03-06-2006
trendsetter

yea the braided handle is very interesting indeed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta