How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

03-06-2006
windowshopping

These are some more of the pictures that were on the website. I bought the purse off of iOffer for almost $200.
bottega 1.jpgBottega 2.jpgbottega 3.jpg
I couldnt get any pictures that were worse than this, I hope they arent too close up to where it would cause a problem like what Taitai was mentioning. These are the photos that were on iOffer though, so they would be visible to anyone. I recieve the purse in the mail on monday, so I dont have it yet. I read on another post that I should be able to tell whether it is real or not based on the feel of the leather.

Last edited by chelseaanice; 03-06-2006 at 10:43 PM.

03-06-2006
trendsetter

^^^ That round small tag with the string is worrisome...I've never seen that before.

03-06-2006
windowshopping

Does it seem to be a decent enough replica...if that is the case? I have seen the round tag with the string before, but that might be something that you were talking about earlier, with fakes copying each other. There might be several fakes with that kind of tag. Also what worries me is the obvious white stitching, on real bottega bags there is not any obvious thread lines like that. That is of course if it isnt real, which i am beginning to think now that it might not be since so many other people are agreeing that it's authenticity is questionable...

Last edited by chelseaanice; 03-06-2006 at 11:31 PM.
03-06-2006
trendsetter

The white stitching seems a bit uneven as well, which may not be a good sign.

I think it boils down to the quality of the leather. Is it very soft and perfectly structured, even inside? The suede inside should be of the highest quality as well.

I can't tell from the pics if it's a good replica. The thing I've discovered with BV bags is that while fakes can copy the weave, it is really difficult to replicate the softness and sheen of the real thing so it becomes fairly easy to spot a fake in real life.

04-06-2006
windowshopping

well I get the bag on monday, so I will be able to tell then. Hopefully I will get my moneys worth! But yeah you are right, the only way to tell is by the quality of the leather. Thanks for all the info though! I will be sure to post on monday and inform you if it is a real or not.

04-06-2006
rising star

iOffer sells fake bags. And if you purchased it for $200 there is no way that it is real. I can't remember what the exact price on this bag is, but I think it's definitely over $1500.

Is the interior on the Cocker black? I think that most BVs have cream suede interiors, not black.

Last edited by angstofgumby; 04-06-2006 at 07:48 AM.
04-06-2006
backstage pass

That bag is a fake for sure! If they said it was authentic then they are lying.

04-06-2006
scenester

I agree, it is most definitely a fake.

04-06-2006
windowshopping

yeah after viewing more online last night i discovered too that it is fake. i should have known...it will do until i can get a real one for 2,000!

05-06-2006
front row

The cocker only came in blue, white, brown, and reptile. I haven't seen black. and it's retail is $1780. And it's quite a big bag. You can't tell from the pics, but it's a nice size.

The shiny hardware is a dead giveaway. Also, the stitching is not right.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cocker_3.JPG (36.2 KB, 386 views)

Last edited by Amalie; 05-06-2006 at 04:32 PM.
06-06-2006
rising star

This bag is absolutely gorgeous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouiseyPeasey
So here are some pix of my lovely new bag. It's awfully hard to capture the detail with my camera, and the detail is the best part. I love the way the ends of the bag are connected to the handles, and the details around the grommets. The handles are wrapped with the same lace that's all around the outline of the bag. Oh, and there's a little cell-phone pocket inside! (as well as a zip pocket along one side) And thanks maylo and nizlay for the reassurance!

06-06-2006
windowshopping

surprise surprise! I got in the questionable bottega cocker bag today and the bag i recieved looks nothing like the picture online. it's better. the leather is the softest i have ever felt, bottega veneta is written on the inside, the suede is silky, and the metal is gunmetal not shiny. if it is a fake it is the best fake i have ever seen, or it is real....either way i am satisfied with my purchase. yay

06-06-2006
rising star

The Cocker was made in Black. I tried it on at the BV boutique and I almost bought it.

06-06-2006
trendsetter

The BV sales are on, in Europe. 30%-40% off seasonal colors.

08-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by angstofgumby
The Cocker was made in Black. I tried it on at the BV boutique and I almost bought it.
I'll have to call. I would love a cocker in black!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta