How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

08-06-2006
trendsetter

WOW. I absolutely adore the F/W collection!! Stunning.
The red bag is just GORGEOUS!! With the croc handles, it is simply fabulous. I am placing an order for this beauty today!

All photos from style.com
ETA - just realized some of the photos have been posted previously but not the red I think
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 00280m.jpg (54.1 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg 00290m.jpg (38.3 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Meg; 08-06-2006 at 09:27 AM.

08-06-2006
trendsetter

PrincessImp - can you pls help edit my photos above? I just realized GG posted most of those pictures earlier. Thanks!

09-06-2006
scenester

Taitai....that bag is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you! Do you have any idea about its price tag? Their bags seem to get more expensive every season.

09-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai....that bag is absolutely gorgeous. Lucky you! Do you have any idea about its price tag? Their bags seem to get more expensive every season.
Nizlay, not yet lucky me. I wish! BV hasn't even finalized the prices for this collection yet. They'll only start to hit the stores in August.
I was told this red one might reach five figures, so we'll see!

Their bag prices have definitely increased season by season. I read somewhere that BV's profit margins are so high that it is now LVMH's second most profitable brand (after Gucci).

09-06-2006
scenester

Taitai ... I'm sure we will all be anxiously awaiting pics of the bag when you finally receive it. I'm afraid that I can only afford the "run of the mill" BVs. The limited editions are way out of my price range.

By the way, when you mentioned that the sales were on in Europe, which country were you referring to? I know that in Spain the sale will start on July 1st and I'm pretty sure that they haven't started in the UK yet.

09-06-2006
trendsetter

Ooh Taitai! Once again, you're living my fantasy... That is an incredibly beautiful bag, I'm so thrilled you might have the opportunity to own it!

09-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai ... I'm sure we will all be anxiously awaiting pics of the bag when you finally receive it. I'm afraid that I can only afford the "run of the mill" BVs. The limited editions are way out of my price range.

By the way, when you mentioned that the sales were on in Europe, which country were you referring to? I know that in Spain the sale will start on July 1st and I'm pretty sure that they haven't started in the UK yet.
Nizlay, the Italy stores started this Monday. My friends in Hong Kong and Singapore said the sales started last Monday too and the boutiques were packed.

Thanks Louisey, "might" being the operative word!

09-06-2006
scenester

taitai, good to know. Thanks very much. It seems that everyone in Europe has their own timetable when it comes to the sales.

11-06-2006
scenester

hi did anyone have this bottega bag? i saw it on sale today and i know that this is last season style but i never have bottega before.... however i am confuse as to how worth it the bag is because i dont want to spend a lot of money if the bag is not worth it to buy since its last season....

if anyone can give me their point of view it will be great...

Thank you .....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg white.jpg (36.3 KB, 275 views)

11-06-2006
Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoenadi
hi did anyone have this bottega bag? i saw it on sale today and i know that this is last season style but i never have bottega before.... however i am confuse as to how worth it the bag is because i dont want to spend a lot of money if the bag is not worth it to buy since its last season....

Thank you .....
agoenadi please credit your picture source.

~Madeleine Albright
11-06-2006
scenester

picture from neimanmarcus.com

11-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoenadi

Thank you .....
That's a fun summer bag and was (maybe still is) a pretty popular design. In my opinion, if you really love a bag, it shouldn't matter very much which season the bag is from. BV bags are EXCEPTIONAL in their quality. The fakes are so easy to tell because the BV leathers are just incomparable in softness and workmanship.

11-06-2006
trendsetter

Croc Cabat
In case you were wondering, who is on the waitlist for the US$75,000 croc cabat......(Twigz, apart from your Mom! )

(article from New York Post)
-------------------------
NEW FAVE AMONG POSH CROWD CROWNED
By JENNIFER GOULD KEIL
June 4 2006
New York Post

The nation's wealthiest tastemakers have sniffed out a new favorite luxury brand: Bottega Veneta.
The little-known Italian brand, owned by the Gucci Group, which also has the Yves Saint Laurent, Alexander McQueen, Stella McCarthy and Balenciaga names in its stable, was recently named the "most prestigious" luxury fashion brand by 500 of the most wealthy households in the country, The Post has learned.
The results of the poll, taken by New York's Luxury Institute, put Bottega Veneta ahead of much better known and larger brands such as Hermes, Armani and Louis Vuitton. Although only 21 percent of those polled said they even knew the brand.
"It's not a popularity contest," said Milton Pedraza, CEO of the Luxury Institute. "While Bottega Veneta had a low awareness, the ones who know them love them."
That's for sure. As Uma Thurman sports $500 BV shoes and Madonna is waitlisted for a $75,000 crocodile bag, sales keep surging.
Since 2001, sales have soared to $190.6 million from $41.8 million. In 2006, sales are expected to grow 25 percent to $238 million.

13-06-2006
windowshopping

Help! Do you use apple garde on your BV?
Hi everyone. I am new to the thread. I recently ordered a large hobo and am wondering whether I should apple garde it before use. Also, what do you think of the color Hazlenut? Is it hard to be taken care of? I am so looking forward to seeing it! TIA!

13-06-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by wowo0205
Hi everyone. I am new to the thread. I recently ordered a large hobo and am wondering whether I should apple garde it before use. Also, what do you think of the color Hazlenut? Is it hard to be taken care of? I am so looking forward to seeing it! TIA!
I personally wouldn't put anything on Bottega leather. The Hazelnut colour is lovely. Goes with everything. Realx and enjoy the gorgeous bag when you get it!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta