How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-06-2006
scenester

Taitai....I think the perforated leather takes some getting used to. I have the large perforated veneta in the nocce colour and at first I wasn't at all keen on it. I think what I like most about the perforated bags is the ruffled edges that come along with it. It just makes the bag a little different from all the rest. I'm still not sure about the colour though. It seems like a lot of money to spend on a bag if I am not convinced about that.

Pinky, thanks for the tip. I'm just not a red-bag kind of gal, just trying something a little different. Its either this bag or a large purple compagna bag. Any other colour, style, you recommend?

16-06-2006
Of too many minds

nizlay, I actually do think the colour of the red bag is gorgeous and would make a wonderful accent/accessory! IMO, I quite like the ruffled edges too, it adds a feminine touch to the bag.

After reading the last few posts, you guys have got me itching for another BV......

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
16-06-2006
rising star

Taitai, I read that article too last week!! I remember sitting in front of my laptop and spazzing out to my Mom by saying "Mom, you got one before Madonna!!"

Last edited by twigz; 16-06-2006 at 06:49 PM.
18-06-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai....I think the perforated leather takes some getting used to. I have the large perforated veneta in the nocce colour and at first I wasn't at all keen on it. I think what I like most about the perforated bags is the ruffled edges that come along with it. It just makes the bag a little different from all the rest. I'm still not sure about the colour though. It seems like a lot of money to spend on a bag if I am not convinced about that.

Pinky, thanks for the tip. I'm just not a red-bag kind of gal, just trying something a little different. Its either this bag or a large purple compagna bag. Any other colour, style, you recommend?
Nizlay, you're right, the perforated leather does jazz up the bag. I guess I tend to associate perforated leather with those old Luella Gisele bags. I think if you aren't 100% sold on the color, you should wait. There are just sooooo many gorgeous BV designs out there, you are bound to find out that you totally love. The green one you posted earlier is pretty unique!

You might want to wait until the F/W collection is out? It's bound to be stunning!

20-06-2006
scenester

Taitai, I ended up going for the red ball bag. I'd better make good use of it! By the way, check out Saks.com. They have updated their Bottega collection and some of them are gorgeous. I love this new Cocker bag....but check out the price!

All pics Saks.com

20-06-2006
windowshopping

i love the detail! the colors are nice too

20-06-2006
windowshopping

does BV make any accessories other than wallets: like checkbook covers, coin purses, make-up bags, etc.?

20-06-2006
Of too many minds

^They do have a droolworthy line of jewellery and shoes....maybe they are mentioned in the threads in the accessories forum.
Now, back to the BV bags...

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}
20-06-2006
scenester

They do make all kinds of leather accessories. They are all absolutely beautifully made!

21-06-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai, I ended up going for the red ball bag. I'd better make good use of it! By the way, check out Saks.com. They have updated their Bottega collection and some of them are gorgeous. I love this new Cocker bag....but check out the price!

Please see tFS guidelines

All pics Saks.com
dayam! the price is doubled on the cocker bag! unreal!

Last edited by Hipkitten; 22-06-2006 at 07:40 AM.
21-06-2006
rising star

The Cocker is gorgeous, but at almost $4000 I'm going to have to resist the urge and take a pass.

21-06-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by angstofgumby
The Cocker is gorgeous, but at almost $4000 I'm going to have to resist the urge and take a pass.
Ditto for me....unfortunately!

26-06-2006
V.I.P.

does anybody know if there will be another markdown at BV boutiques? currently it's 30% off, if they do more I'd wait...thanks

27-06-2006
mmmmmm...fashion....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeine
does anybody know if there will be another markdown at BV boutiques? currently it's 30% off, if they do more I'd wait...thanks
the london stores arnt going to do another markdown- the sales assistant even mentioned they were planning to phase out the sale altogether ( a la vuitton..)

27-06-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by travis_nw8
the london stores arnt going to do another markdown- the sales assistant even mentioned they were planning to phase out the sale altogether ( a la vuitton..)
Thanks for the info.
(will run to Bottega afterwork...... )

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta