How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-07-2006
scenester

Taitai, I'm loving the ball bag! Its so light and easy to carry, although I still prefer the traditional Veneta. I'm wondering what the ball bag would look like in the new green. Too much you think?

10-07-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai, I'm loving the ball bag! Its so light and easy to carry, although I still prefer the traditional Veneta. I'm wondering what the ball bag would look like in the new green. Too much you think?
Haha, a bit too much. I'd say go for a new design Nizlay! But in Green!

20-07-2006
trendsetter

BV has updated their site and has terrific photos of its F/W collection. This collection is just fabulous, I think one of the best in years.

http://www.bottegaveneta.com

Nizlay - lots of gorgeous choices in this collection! I think you might like the Nappa Umbria green bag. The red tartan bag isn't as appealing as I thought (also not as expensive). I'm really not keen on this design anymore.

My favorites are the Poivre Madagascar Croc and the Large Ostrich Cabat, both of which are to die for. And I LOOOVE the knot clutch in Croc Blue!

20-07-2006
Frozen irony.

Could any of you ladies please tell me what this style is called and how much it retails for?

I really love it, but I'm not sure I like the fact that it's open... does it close inside?

www.bottegaveneta.com

21-07-2006
scenester

Pucci Mama, that is the Cabat, and if you click on the Description under the pic on the website it will give you the style name, coulour and price.

21-07-2006
scenester

Taitai, the new collection is beautiful isn't it! The only thing that I'm not too fond of is all the gold hardware. I much prefer bags without any hardware as that way it makes it wasier to mix and match. Are you still planning to get the tartan bag or are you going to cancel your order? I still haven't decided what to go for. Very confusing. I wish I could see them all IRL! I'm loving the green and purple.

21-07-2006
backstage pass

I missed the saks.com sale on the BV navy cocker. Now its sold out. Has anyone seen it on sale anywhere else?

21-07-2006
scenester

Aspen, did you want the braided handle one or the newer version? Leshent had a couple of braided handle blue ones but I think he sold them. If you want the newer version, try emailing the personal shopper at BV. She will be able to tell you where you can find one.

21-07-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizlay
Taitai, the new collection is beautiful isn't it! The only thing that I'm not too fond of is all the gold hardware. I much prefer bags without any hardware as that way it makes it wasier to mix and match. Are you still planning to get the tartan bag or are you going to cancel your order? I still haven't decided what to go for. Very confusing. I wish I could see them all IRL! I'm loving the green and purple.
Nizlay, I think the gold hardware tends to work with BV, particulalry with its exotic skin bags but I see where you're coming from. You are like my friends who prefer very clean designs - no logos, hardware, or embellishments. Maybe you do need to wait to see the bags IRL.

Overall, I think the F/W set is much more cohesive than their past collections. Love Tomas Maier!

Notice how their price points have significantly moved up! And they're doing more and more exotic skins.

No I am not getting the Pompei Tartan bag anymore, which is fine since there are so many other beauties to choose from in this collection. I already emailed my boutique.

I have always been a little in love with their classic brown CHOCOLATE cabat in the medium size. I love the printed cabat that I got, but want to go a bit darker for fall/winter. And I love shades of chocolate, and this is such a classic. Better choice than the tartan, do you think?

21-07-2006
scenester

Taitai, I think any Bottega in chocolate brown is a classic! The colour is so rich and the leather so heavenly that it is an absolute must. Go ahead and indulge yourself with the bag, and us with the pics!

21-07-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Nizlay, I think the gold hardware tends to work with BV, particulalry with its exotic skin bags but I see where you're coming from. You are like my friends who prefer very clean designs - no logos, hardware, or embellishments. Maybe you do need to wait to see the bags IRL.

Overall, I think the F/W set is much more cohesive than their past collections. Love Tomas Maier!

Notice how their price points have significantly moved up! And they're doing more and more exotic skins.

No I am not getting the Pompei Tartan bag anymore, which is fine since there are so many other beauties to choose from in this collection. I already emailed my boutique.

I have always been a little in love with their classic brown CHOCOLATE cabat in the medium size. I love the printed cabat that I got, but want to go a bit darker for fall/winter. And I love shades of chocolate, and this is such a classic. Better choice than the tartan, do you think?
I like the Cabat in a chocolate brown better than the tartan- I think the Cabat is absolutely gorgeous. And you can't get a more classic bag than that.

21-07-2006
Frozen irony.

The cabat really is a classic shape, taitai you really can't go wrong!

It only says the price for the ostrich one, i'm after normal leather.. does it come in grey? I'm not really a brown bag girl..

21-07-2006
backstage pass

I love the bag on the right of the screen image from Bottega's website that PucciMama printed. The bag with the chain straps and the pockets. I checked out the price on the website but it's in ostrich so its way too expensive for me - I wonder if they do it in the regular leather? Do any of you guys know? THanks !

By the way Pucci - the bag you like typically they are just open inside like a basket. there could be some interior straps though which you tie to keep the bags shape rather than to secure the contents. I am not positive with this Ostrich version though - I have seen this style in regular leather in the boutiques recently...

25-07-2006
fashion icon

ive been lusting after the chocolate woven hobo and i think tomorrow is the day!! im so excited....does anyone here have it? do you love it?

scenester

^i have the dark brown hobo in the smaller size, i'm not sure if that's the same as the chocolate - I love it. My only problem is that I wish I had gotten the bigger size cuz mine doesn't look right for some reason and I'm only 5'2...

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta