How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

26-07-2006
fashion icon

New Bag!!
I got the chocolate large hobo!!!!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1916.JPG (51.7 KB, 24 views)

26-07-2006
front row

I have been trying to decide what color Bottega hobo I should get for a long time. I first bought the white one, but got scared about maintaining the color, so I exchanged it for the hazelnut color. Now, I think I like the chocolate brown better.
If you had your choice between the white, hazelnut or chocolate brown, which one would you get?? Thanks so much!

26-07-2006
fashion icon

hmm i well i got the chocolate brown...but other than that id go for white....

the chocolate is amazing in my opinion!!

backstage pass

dgie - I've been wanting the hazelnut ball bag. BV said its a perm color. I think the color is beautiful.

I got this recently after lusting after it for months. I love the color and knew I had to act fast before it disappeared. Bottega has the softest leather!

30-07-2006
front row

Aspen, it's gorgee! Don't you just love this bag? Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
dgie - I've been wanting the hazelnut ball bag. BV said its a perm color. I think the color is beautiful.

I got this recently after lusting after it for months. I love the color and knew I had to act fast before it disappeared. Bottega has the softest leather!
please do not quote images

Last edited by PrincessImp.; 01-08-2006 at 09:31 AM. Reason: please see tFS guidelines
31-07-2006
trendsetter

Taitai, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed you've decided not to get the tartan bag though I'm sure anything else you choose will be just as beautiful.

I wanted to find out if anyone here knows anything about this bag I recently got on eBay - I saw it months ago and didn't win it, but I couldn't get it out of my mind... so when I saw it again, I jumped on it. It has feathers woven into the leather - pheasant, I think? It's quite amazing. It's a limited edition, marked 002/100. Anyone seen it before, or know when it was made? I don't know how to figure it out from the bag itself.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bv-front2.jpg (168.8 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg bv-closeup.jpg (202.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg bv-top.jpg (156.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bv-side.jpg (37.2 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg bv-inside.jpg (130.7 KB, 2 views)

31-07-2006
V.I.P.

LP, the bag is gorgeous!

01-08-2006
trendsetter

Nizlay, dgie, puccimama - thanks for your input. I did as suggested and bought the chocolate cabat (medium size, which they call the European size) and I LOVE IT!!!!! It is the softest leather, I think the best way to describe it is SQUISHY BABY soft.
I love the buttery soft lambskin pouch it comes with. I think I can use this as a cocktail evening clutch.

I will post pics soon.
Btw, the cabat does not have those straps in the middle. It's just a very simple, clean open tote.

The cabat comes in seasonal colors and for F/W I saw the greyish-silverish (more silver than gray actually) matte cabat. It is also coming in the color translated in English as NUT, which is a medium brown. The color is sweet, but not deeply rich enough.

Dgie - get chocolate brown. It is just so luxe looking!

Louisey - Stunningly unique bag!! Congrats!! I have a bottega book given at the recent luncheon. I think they have a very similar design. Let me look for it and scan it for you!
Btw, the tartan is just too small for me. I do like the design but I wanted a bigger bag.

01-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai
Nizlay, dgie, puccimama - thanks for your input. I did as suggested and bought the chocolate cabat (medium size, which they call the European size) and I LOVE IT!!!!! It is the softest leather, I think the best way to describe it is SQUISHY BABY soft.
I love the buttery soft lambskin pouch it comes with. I think I can use this as a cocktail evening clutch.

I will post pics soon.
Btw, the cabat does not have those straps in the middle. It's just a very simple, clean open tote.

The cabat comes in seasonal colors and for F/W I saw the greyish-silverish (more silver than gray actually) matte cabat. It is also coming in the color translated in English as NUT, which is a medium brown. The color is sweet, but not deeply rich enough.

Dgie - get chocolate brown. It is just so luxe looking!

Louisey - Stunningly unique bag!! Congrats!! I have a bottega book given at the recent luncheon. I think they have a very similar design. Let me look for it and scan it for you!
Btw, the tartan is just too small for me. I do like the design but I wanted a bigger bag.
Congrats! I absolutely love the cabat- and I especially love it in chocolate!

01-08-2006
tfs star

taitai - i'm in love with the tartan too (the green one more bc of the chain-strap), but the size is an issue for me also. were they mean and only made one size for each?

01-08-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinky*
taitai - i'm in love with the tartan too (the green one more bc of the chain-strap), but the size is an issue for me also. were they mean and only made one size for each?
Pinky, not sure about the sizes for the green one. The red tartan with the croc handles is only coming in one size. I posted a few pics sometime back showing the proportion of the red tartan when worn by a model. I think the width is about 30 cm, too small for me.

Dgie - have you decided what color you are getting in the hobo?

02-08-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taitai

Dgie - have you decided what color you are getting in the hobo?
I decided on the chocolate brown- it should arrive any day now. Thanks for your help!

02-08-2006
tfs star

thanks for the info taitai

10-09-2006
windowshopping

Bottega experts please help me, I just bought this bottega bag through ebay, please let me know whether this is authentic or not and the flaws on it if its not auth. Thx u very much.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2d_1.jpg (22.4 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 28_1.jpg (20.1 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg 38_1.jpg (25.4 KB, 5 views)

10-09-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowmellow
Bottega experts please help me, I just bought this bottega bag through ebay, please let me know whether this is authentic or not and the flaws on it if its not auth. Thx u very much.
post a picture or the auction number.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta