How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-12-2006
backstage pass

I got a card in the mail saying they are having a sale. I think it starts today. Maybe you'll be lucky and get it on sale.

07-12-2006
V.I.P.

^I went there earlier this wk and only seasonal colors and the plain woven totes were on sale. The classic styles are never onsale (blk, brown colors). But I'll make sure that it's not something they will mark down at the end of the season. thanks for reminding me this!

10-12-2006
V.I.P.

Bottega Veneta users, I got some questions for you (especially long time users):
1.Is it true that the color fades? oneof my girlfriends has a blue bag with the partial woven leather. the woven part clearly faded a little after 2 yrs of use. It makes me worry a bit. I plan to get a totally woven bag with brown color. how well does that hold?
2. which kind of bags are never on sale? If I spend 2k+ on a bag, I really don't want to see it on sale later. I heard that basic colors such as brown and black with fully woven body don't go on sale at all. Is it true?

Thanks for your input!

11-12-2006
V.I.P.

I just went to Bottega today, and it is picked clean. Im semi interested in this one tote, I dont know...Meh, Im not loving it, though it is gorgeous and amazing...For someone else.

11-12-2006
backstage pass

caffine - I haven't used any of my BV that long or that often to tell if they fade. I bet thats more of a problem with their bright colored bags. I've also heard their basic colors never go on sale. I usually just see their seasonal colored bags on sale. I've seen a large brown woven hobo with the lemon piping on sale. But I guess that would be considered a seasonal item.

I recently was looking for candles and pillows but only want them on sale. The sa said they never go on sale. Well I found the candles at the BV outlet and they did have pillows but not the ones I was looking for. So, you just never know.

I won't be buying anything retail anymore. If I can't find the bag on sale then it just wasn't meant to be. I've found so many bags on sale that I've been wanting recently with all these sales that I've just sworn off retail.

27-12-2006
windowshopping

NAP has bv woven shoppers on sale. both black and brown.

28-12-2006
backstage pass

The only BV bag on sale on NAP was a pink bag, but no brown or black shopper, guess they were already sold out then

28-12-2006
backstage pass

Did you look on the usa site? The brown is still there.

28-12-2006
V.I.P.

^I debated and passed on the tote. it's wide open. I don't think that it suits my lifestyle here...sigh, it is such a beautiful bag! (and I wish the bag has feet on the bottom).
But I got a Herbag....

28-12-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen
Did you look on the usa site? The brown is still there.
thanx! the US site actually sells off other stuff... the euro version has more BV shoes on sale

31-12-2006
tfs star

my new bottega. does anyone know what this is called? i was told its a limited edition piece. only 200 pieces were made and this one is no. 186
but i would love to know its model's name. i took a long time deciding which BV to get. but i felt the woven style doesnt suit me that much.

31-12-2006
V.I.P.

thats beautiful

trendsetter

voodoo_mary, that's a gorrrgeous bag, one of my favorite BVs. Sorry I don't know what it's called, but I have been in love with it for ages. Lucky you!

04-01-2007
windowshopping

Does anybody know if BV is still making this bag, and in what colors? The only two stores that carry BV here in Seattle never carried this one. (The photo is from bluefly.com -- last year sometime).

04-01-2007
windowshopping

Oops - photo did not attach. Let me see if I can figure out what went wrong!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta