How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-01-2007
windowshopping

try again...
Attached Images
File Type: bmp bv_1.bmp (316.5 KB, 2 views)

15-01-2007
rising star

I've got a bit of a dilemma: I own a small woven Novak bag, and since almost all Bottega's bags are woven, I figured you ladies would know: what happens when a woven bags gets wet in the rain? Does the water enter the bag and mess up the leather? I'm kind of afraid to carry my darling in the rain because I'm scared the woven leather will get damaged. Does anyone of you bottega owners have this problem?

15-01-2007
tfs star

2 weeks ago, i was having dinner and i had greasy fingers. i accidentally touched my BV and it left oil stains ... they didnt go away
as for rain, it should be ok. it's been raining alot in SG and I've been carrying my BV even in the rain- there are water marks, but they dry up after a while.

16-01-2007
rising star

thankx voodoo mary, now I know I can carry my darling safely

27-01-2007
mmmmmm...fashion....

a little help, i'm considering a cabat and would like to know any experiences using it over time- does it really go saggy after a few months?

27-01-2007
trendsetter

Hello BV ladies. I've recently discoved BV bags. My other bags are Balenciaga (a few), Chanel (classic flap) and a adorable Marc Jacobs Caroline frame bag. I'm in the market for more "Classic, and long term" bags now. I dislike logo's but I do like it when a bag has a certain cache (is that bad?)
I'm interested in a lg. BV black hobo - but need advice as it's not a small purchase. My hope is that this would be a bag that I could use for years and years to come. I'm 37 (but still kind of hip) - so i'd like something that looks more age appropriate too.
So it's up to you ladies - sell me on this bag!!!!!

p.s. My SA at NM told me that they only get in 2 or 3 BV blk. lg. hobo's each season, so like 5 or 6 a year. Is that really true?

28-01-2007
trendsetter

Come on BV ladies. I need a push!

28-01-2007
fashion elite

I think you should get the BV Hobo, its def. one of the ultimate classics.

p.s. your SA at neimans is probably lying, but even if she isn't you can always get it directly from a Bottega boutique so don't feel pressured to rush.

trendsetter

What ciolor is the best for the classic BV classic weave hobos...do they come in a smaller size?

V.I.P.

dark brown is delicous

trendsetter

I was almost sure that I wanted the Veneta but then I saw the Ball bag and realized that it was the BV bag I had seen before and loved. From what i've heard the Ball has a divided interior (love to see photos of this!) while the Veneta is just one open space. It also appears that the Ball has a longer drop than the Veneta.

both are beautiful bags, but i was hoping someone could provide me with a little more info on the differences between the two hobo models.

I'D LOVE TO SEE PHOTO'S too if anyone has some.

thanks sooooo much!!!

02-02-2007
trendsetter

update: okay so I tried both the BALL bag and the VENETA HOBO on today at saks. I think I prefer the classic veneta hobo - WHY isn't this bag available online in black?!?!?!?!?

What's that about?

03-02-2007
scenester

Try contacting the BV personal shopper through their website. She will locate one for you and have it shipped out. She is great. Good luck...its a gorgeous bag!

03-02-2007
trendsetter

^^I was hoping to purchase through saks or NM since their return policy is so great (you never know!) The 10 day return thing freaks me out a bit.

03-02-2007
scenester

Are you looking for the smaller or larger size? I'm sure you could contact Neimans or Saks and ask them to locate one for you and have it shipped out.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, bottega, veneta