How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2005
front row

Buying LV in France
Ok, so i've been reading different posts here and there, and I am under the impression that LV is the cheapest in France. How cheap are we talking here?? Say I want the Speedy, that's like $500 bucks. How much would it be there? I am very curious.

Thanks

p.s. then, is there a web site that i can purchase from with these cheap prices? lol

21-01-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by satine112
Ok, so i've been reading different posts here and there, and I am under the impression that LV is the cheapest in France. How cheap are we talking here?? Say I want the Speedy, that's like $500 bucks. How much would it be there? I am very curious.

Thanks

p.s. then, is there a web site that i can purchase from with these cheap prices? lol
The only Website that sell AUTHENTIC Louis Vuitton is http://www.eluxury.com/

Unfortunatly LV isn`t much cheaper in France - compared to Germany the bags are 10-20 Euro cheaper per bag (same with Gucci in Italy).

The only way to REALLY get them cheaper would be Tax-Free Shopping (Dubai etc.) because the Tax really matters (there were 70 Euro Tax on my LV Deauville! )

21-01-2005
trendsetter

hmmm I was wonder that also satine, I may be going to france this year and I am looking to buy my first Vuitton this year also .

Does anyone know the rough price of a speedy 30 (in monogram, epi also if anyone knows) in the U.K ?

I am pretty sure I want a speedy, I know I can afford it, but i'd like to know roughly, because prices do vary on locations.

If anyone could help that'd be great

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Diorella
Does anyone know the rough price of a speedy 30 (in monogram, epi also if anyone knows) in the U.K ?

I am pretty sure I want a speedy, I know I can afford it, but i'd like to know roughly, because prices do vary on locations.

If anyone could help that'd be great
I have recently bought the Speedy 25 - it was 390 Euro. (If I remember correctly the Speedy 30 was 415 Euro).

Speedys are the most affordable of all LVs - but make sure they give you a Dustbag in the right size so you don`t have to store in folded (!) as they expect you to...

21-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heroin_Chic
I have recently bought the Speedy 25 - it was 390 Euro. (If I remember correctly the Speedy 30 was 415 Euro).

Speedys are the most affordable of all LVs - but make sure they give you a Dustbag in the right size so you don`t have to store in folded (!) as they expect you to...
Thanks for your help Heroin Chic .

If i buy it in France I guess it'll be roughly around that price then, but I don't know about in the uk, it may cost more as most things do (grr!!!). My trip to france is unfortunately not definate, so it may end up as a trip to Vuitton in Edinburough insted.

How are you finding your speedy 25?

V.I.P.

when i was in paris in october the lv shop was closed for matainenece. Omg the side of the shop is in the shape of a big lv bag its so kewl.

21-01-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Diorella
Thanks for your help Heroin Chic .

If i buy it in France I guess it'll be roughly around that price then, but I don't know about in the uk, it may cost more as most things do (grr!!!). My trip to france is unfortunately not definate, so it may end up as a trip to Vuitton in Edinburough insted.

How are you finding your speedy 25?
You will definitly pay a little less in France than I did at LV here (I live in an "expensive" part of Germany) and hey, buying it directly from LV in France is cool and special! Enjoy!

I`m VERY VERY happy with my Speedy! It`s spacious, very light, chic and practical - and the price is "low enough" to actually use it (and not keep it in the closet as if it was the holy Grale...)!

Really, go for it - I think a Speedy is the best possible Everyday-Bag!

21-01-2005
trendsetter

I'm pretty sure there is more than one Vuitton store in Paris, infact I think there are several

Seductress in Eden

I think this is correct i think paris is the cheapest place to buy them

21-01-2005
front row

don't you all find the LVs with just wrist straps annoying? It would be such a pain, imo, to carry a bag on your wrist all day long. I prefer one on my shoulder, and i know they sell shoulder straps, but i think they're ugly...

i don't know.

22-01-2005
fashion insider

Quote:
don't you all find the LVs with just wrist straps annoying? It would be such a pain, imo, to carry a bag on your wrist all day long. I prefer one on my shoulder, and i know they sell shoulder straps, but i think they're ugly...
I`m already annoyed by the regular strap on the Pochette Accessoires / Multicolour Pochette - totally impractical length!

But the biggest annoyance is that the NECESSARY additional Shoulder-Strap costs around 50 Euro!!!

22-01-2005
rising star

This is just a friendly warning to all: If you ever go to Paris and have a Japanese tourist ask you to buy a Louis Vuitton bag for them (because of the limited number of bags a person can buy in the store), please decline, unless you want to aid the Japanese designer bag black market. There are articles about this here. Just press CTRL-F and type in "LVMH" or "Louis Vuitton" to see the relevant reports.

Other than that, yes, Louis Vuitton is indeed cheaper in France!

22-01-2005
trendsetter

Quote:

i don't know.
if i had a speedy i'd carry it by hand not on my arm, i can't carry them like that, and i prefer to carry bags by hand anyway

scenester

I would recommend buying LV in France or any other European country over the States. LV should cost the same in all EU countries. The price difference is not that big right now because of the strong Euro, but it will be slightly less expensive. The big difference is the quality of the bags. Many of the bags sold on eluxury and US LV boutiques are made in the USA. I don't want to knock the US, but we have other strengths. France, Italy and other European countries (Spain, England) have strong traditions of leather artisanship, that's why bags and shoes are so special from European houses.

24-01-2005
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxwear
I would recommend buying LV in France or any other European country over the States. LV should cost the same in all EU countries. The price difference is not that big right now because of the strong Euro, but it will be slightly less expensive. The big difference is the quality of the bags. Many of the bags sold on eluxury and US LV boutiques are made in the USA. I don't want to knock the US, but we have other strengths. France, Italy and other European countries (Spain, England) have strong traditions of leather artisanship, that's why bags and shoes are so special from European houses.
Agreed

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
buying, france, lv