How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-11-2006
scenester

What Bag is Katie HOlmes carrying in post 1513?

16-11-2006
still here

^ysl rive gauche in ostrich.

16-11-2006
scenester

Thank you I just saw a pic of the other side of the bag and figured it was the Muse, thanks again!! Am contemplating the Muse, they make a similar style too, Yves or something its the exact same thing but the lock is on the side instead of the front.

16-11-2006
still here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohomamma
Thank you I just saw a pic of the other side of the bag and figured it was the Muse, thanks again!! Am contemplating the Muse, they make a similar style too, Yves or something its the exact same thing but the lock is on the side instead of the front.
Yup, the Yse is different from the muse in that has the Y's on the sides and the lock on the side as well.

The rive gauche is square-shaped while the muse is rounder, and it's also floppier, with a flap that closes the bag via a lock. The rive gauche also as a big messenger strap to be worn across the body.

16-11-2006
scenester

thank you. I like the Muse, trouble is that when you go to see something they have one thing and not the other or don't have all the colors. This is a random question, any idea how much the Balenciaga saddle bag or I think it is called the day bag costs? Just wondering. I cant figure out what I want, am starting to want one of everything which is really not possible!

16-11-2006
scenester

Actually I don't know the name its the one you see Kate Moss wearing all the time in the sky color, its hobo style, worn on the shoulder with a long shoulder strap, wondering how much it costs? Not the one with the shorter shoulder strap which I think is the Day bag.

16-11-2006
still here

^sorry but I really don't know anything about balenciaga bags, if you post your question in the "everything balenciaga" thread, I'm sure someone willl know!

here is the thread:
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...1353-1237.html

16-11-2006
scenester

thanks-sorry didnt mean to bombard you I was just thinking aloud. thanks

16-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Actually I don't know the name its the one you see Kate Moss wearing all the time in the sky color, its hobo style, worn on the shoulder with a long shoulder strap, wondering how much it costs? Not the one with the shorter shoulder strap which I think is the Day bag.
do you have the pic? is it the flat hobo? if so, it's discontinued.

scenester

Yes its that flat one. So I guess nevermind right? Thanks for letting me know it discontinued, spent so long thinking about it now I better move on!

16-11-2006
trendsetter

Quote:
Yes its that flat one. So I guess nevermind right? Thanks for letting me know it discontinued, spent so long thinking about it now I better move on!
your welcome. it does show up once in awhile on ebay, but usually goes for alot... since it's so rare.

scenester

oh i never thought about stalking ebay again! Good idea.... Now and then I stalk ebay for something. What is the name of it? I have seen the day bag which I guess is the closest thing right? Thank You

16-11-2006
backstage pass

Is that a Chanel bag in post #1598 & 1596??

22-11-2006
Info warrior/technophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTstyle
It makes me laugh thinking of all the suburban women who knowing nothing about high-end fashion so they go to Macys and collect their Coach bags, spending maybe $300 on a bag (and that's just a very pricey one) and thinking how chic and cool they are. It may be so (that they are chic or cool or both) but they act like they have just purchased some really awesome bag! Well, I guess it is awesome for them in their suburban lives. I can't imagine some really, truly chic Manhattan woman thinking she is a goddess if she carries a Coach bag.

This was posted a LONG time ago, but I have been away from tFS for a while and just came across the comment. Not to personally attack anyone, but this kind of attitude just sounds really snotty and rude to me. Do people really have to be dissed because they can only afford to buy $300 handbags instead of $1000+ or because they arenít exposed to anything ďbetter?Ē Should a person NOT feel like a goddess no matter what brand she wears or how much she can afford to spend? I think she should. Even if sheís carrying a plastic bag for a purse! Honestly, I think a few of those classless celebutantes are more worthy of being degraded because of what they wear considering they have all the money in the world and still canít find any taste.

Frankly, I have not been a fan of any Coach bag since I was fairly young and since they stopped making them in NYC, but I do LOVE the ďAliĒ in the whisky color; furthermore, I own $1000+ handbags and I do know a thing of two about high-end fashion so spending money on an item I like and I deem worthy is not an issue. But, I love this Coach bag so much I canít stop thinking about it and will probably buy it relatively soon. It seems like the perfect size, color, texture and style to go with my casual every day clothes and Iíll feel like a million bucks and a goddess while itís hanging on my shoulder just as much as I will carrying any of my other bags. XOXOXO

Pic from coach.com

22-11-2006
V.I.P.

karma um zain! well said!!!

www.thegirllovesmj.blogspot.com
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
celebrities, handbags