How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

31-01-2006
front row

thanks for the info pink lipgloss

31-01-2006
V.I.P.

no problem suvari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swati
Even a cursory glance at Anna's bag shows that this is not true, there are definitely more than 5 colours on it. And I did check it out against the bag's image at eLuxury. Seems just about right to me.
So your saying that you think Anna's bag is real?

i think i count 7 colours, but the real bag has 33 colours, and Annas certainly doesn't have that many. All you have to do is look at the flower to the above right of the LV, its the same colour as the LV. This never ever occurs on a real Louis Vuitton Monogram Multicolore. Annas bag is a fake.

Last edited by pink_lipgloss; 31-01-2006 at 08:54 PM.
31-01-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink_lipgloss
So your saying that you think Anna's bag is real?

i think i count 7 colours, but the real bag has 33 colours, and Annas certainly doesn't have that many. All you have to do is look at the flower to the above right of the LV, its the same colour as the LV. This never ever occurs on a real Louis Vuitton Monogram Multicolore. Annas bag is a fake.
Perhaps a better picture would help analyze it better. The current picture makes it really difficult to distinguish between different shades of the same colour. As far as I can see, at times, a flower of a different shade of the same colour as that of the LV is placed to its upper right. Hard to tell, unless you inspect the bag up close.

31-01-2006
backstage pass

it's not a different shade, or anything, it's the same shade, maybe your eyes are playing tricks, or you haen't seen many fake MC bags, but it's definately your typical fake MC speedy. once you've seen one, you can usually automatically spot one a mile away, they're so gross.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Perhaps a better picture would help analyze it better. The current picture makes it really difficult to distinguish between different shades of the same colour. As far as I can see, at times, a flower of a different shade of the same colour as that of the LV is placed to its upper right. Hard to tell, unless you inspect the bag up close.
they are the same colours. Just look at this pic of just the bag, maybe you can see it a little better. (click to enlarge)

But its not even just the colours that make it a fake. The inside of the bag is the wrong colour - the lining of a real speedy is a rasberry colour. Annas bag has a beige lining
The handles are too long and thin. Speedys handles are a shorter than that.
There is a red LV on her bag. There is no red LV on any multicolore pieces. (yes, the picture on eluxury has a red LV. This is to trick fakers into putting a red LV on their speedys..)

Oh, and just to make sure, you are clicking on Annas picture to enlarge it aren't you?

Last edited by pink_lipgloss; 31-01-2006 at 09:47 PM.
01-02-2006
front row

handles are too long, and the leather tab is not shaped correctly, either. maybe even celebs can't stomach spending $1200 on a canvas bag? :p

02-02-2006
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlcalledk1ll
it's not a different shade, or anything, it's the same shade, maybe your eyes are playing tricks, or you haen't seen many fake MC bags, but it's definately your typical fake MC speedy. once you've seen one, you can usually automatically spot one a mile away, they're so gross.
Personally, I feel that the original is a bit of a joke, and I think even Murakami must be amused at people falling over each other to determine the authenticity of his tribute to kitsch. And my eyes are fine enough, thank you very much. Please continue with your sombre pronouncements on Anna's perfidy to the LV oath.

03-02-2006
V.I.P.

Quote:
Personally, I feel that the original is a bit of a joke, and I think even Murakami must be amused at people falling over each other to determine the authenticity of his tribute to kitsch. And my eyes are fine enough, thank you very much. Please continue with your sombre pronouncements on Anna's perfidy to the LV oath.
Well we are actually not falling over each other to determine authenticity. Its an obvious fake - i was trying to be nice and let you know how to see the difference from a real one and a fake one. But obviously this wasn't good enough for you?

and agirlcalledk1ll was not saying you had bad eyes - she was merely saying they might be playing tricks... which i can see why - the picture is a little hard to see...

And yes Anna's bag is a perfidy to LV. Its actually quite wrong to see celebs (anyone actually) carrying fakes - and supporting the counterfeit trade. That is my opinion anyway.

scenester

you guys are all really good at spotting fakes so iwas wondering, does anyone know how to spot a fake LV cerises handbag? should the cherries have the large white higlights on the tops or not?
thanks

24-02-2006
V.I.P.

.... i saw a photo of princess diana carrying a flendi clutch today....

25-02-2006
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by agirlcalledk1ll
jennzy -- i think purposely posting pictures of the back of your pochette is very decieving....lol
just like if someone were to look at me in jeans and a tee shirt and hoodie, 22 yrs old, not very 'luxurious' looking on an everyday basis, working some small time job, and assume my bag was fake simply by where i work and what i am wearing i would be highly offended.
actually that happened to my sister. she works in a market, her friend in the deli saw a lady's cerise speedy..
she's talkative so she was like 'i like your bag' and mentioned that 'her friend' (my sister) had one.
the lady said snottily: 'if she works here, it's FAKE!'
my sister (24 years old) doesn't need to work, really. she does so to do something with her time and earn the extra money as to not feel guilty about throwing it around on a $995 bag. she was one of the first people the boston boutique called the day the cerise collection was available instores. it was a HUGE slap in the face for her to hear that someone is assuming she has a fake just because of her job.
Wow... that's awful.

Jennzy - If I had guessed at the test you posted I would have guessed the first pic of your bag was real because the leather has the right "sheen" for LV, but I probably would have said the second was not because of how the light is hitting it... the glare is bad.

Someone asked about Lohan's Birkin on page 2... I'm pretty sure it's real. It's not an attractive color or size for her - but it seems right. She mentions it in an article in Allure March 2006.

Last edited by Luna; 27-02-2006 at 06:41 PM.
27-02-2006
V.I.P.

why did my post get deleted? It wasn't really off topic. I don't understand?

Last edited by pink_lipgloss; 27-02-2006 at 09:28 PM.
10-08-2007
scenester

Britney

http://mavrixonline.com/mavrixonline...ey_opera01.jpg

11-08-2007
technicolor tweed

it's incredible how she can make ANY bag (fake or auth) look so bad. I would be going nuts if I was the karl.

12-08-2007
rising star

On the bright side, at least she's coming out of the car with the bag open instead of her legs.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry, celebs, fakes