How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-08-2007
V.I.P.

^^

And that is one ugly Chanel Tweed strap.

18-11-2007
V.I.P.

Wasn't Victoria Beckham caught with a fake bag a few years ago? It was called out and she claimed she had no idea because someone gave it to her? Have I lost my mind?

20-11-2007
& b

i wouldn't doubt it!

front row

Pretty much all the Chanel bags on 90210 are faux.

01-10-2008
backstage pass

^^eeek disgusting! another reason to hate the show (aside from the bad acting of the main character).

04-10-2008
tfs star

I was wondering about all the bags on Gossip Girl. They have 500 bags on set. FIVE HUNDRED! That's a lot of money even for a big budget movie.....wonder if they have replicas on that set too.....

04-10-2008
backstage pass

wow. this thread is hilarious. i have just discovered it. keep going cause is one hell of a good laugh here over this people.

04-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by babybluestar View Post
I was wondering about all the bags on Gossip Girl. They have 500 bags on set. FIVE HUNDRED! That's a lot of money even for a big budget movie.....wonder if they have replicas on that set too.....
The show has a reputable stylist, his name is Eric Daman. So I bet he wouldn't let the characters carry fake bags. Plus, they just borrow the clothes and bags they use in the show from fashion houses anyways, they don't purchase them (same thing goes for Sex and the City). That's a major plus for a particular fashion house because their products get free publicity from the show.

Last edited by quijano; 04-10-2008 at 04:55 AM.
04-10-2008
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by quijano View Post
The show has a reputable stylist, his name is Eric Daman. So I bet he wouldn't let the characters carry fake bags. Plus, they just borrow the clothes and bags they use in the show from fashion houses anyways, they don't purchase them (same thing goes for Sex and the City). That's a major plus for a particular fashion house because their products get free publicity from the show.
Ahhhhh! That makes sense!! Thanks for the info. I just remember hearing how the costume dept. budget for "The Devil Wears Prada" was something huge and outlandish and I was wondering how a TV series (esp a newer one) could afford that. But it totally makes sense that the companies would want their bags on the popular shows!

04-10-2008
tfs star

Regarding Paris Hilton and her fake bags.....yes, she has an insane amount of money at her disposal, but rich people can be VERY cheap!!! My hubby used to have clients with millions upon millions (and a few with billions) of dollars and they were some of the cheapest people! They do spend money, but they always bargain for the best deal. Also, I know Paris is cheap because I read an article where she was trying on shoes that were $1,000 and she wanted them free. The store said no and she says "Come on! You know once I wear them there will be pictures of them in every magazine and everyone will want them." So they gave them to her. Come on!! really! what's a grand to someone like that? But she would rather have it free. Maybe she asked LV for free bags and got mad when they refused her! Maybe carrying fakes was her way of saying f you to LV!! Btw the article wasn't in a tabloid, it was in a newpaper and the writer was actually WITH Paris when it happened.

04-10-2008
front row

I just don't understand why celbs. act cheap with things. Sure getting free things would be nice, but I think they should have to pay for things like everyone else. I think the whole idea of celbs. is kinda of a stupid thing in the first place, how people look up to them.

05-10-2008
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by statonscarlet View Post
I just don't understand why celbs. act cheap with things. Sure getting free things would be nice, but I think they should have to pay for things like everyone else. I think the whole idea of celbs. is kinda of a stupid thing in the first place, how people look up to them.

Nothing is free in this world. The only celebs that get free stuff are mainly those often seen in the media. For the companies that endorse these celebs it's "free" advertising. Someone like Lindsay Lohan is seen in papers, blog and magazines so whatever she waears will gain the intrest of the public.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy View Post
Nothing is free in this world. The only celebs that get free stuff are mainly those often seen in the media. For the companies that endorse these celebs it's "free" advertising. Someone like Lindsay Lohan is seen in papers, blog and magazines so whatever she waears will gain the intrest of the public.
Well of course. Its such a great way to market. But in a sense the celeb. is getting the product free..I mean If someone offered me a pair of Lanvin flats, I would gladly take them and show them off.

05-10-2008
backstage pass

Oh lawdy ...

scenester

My mom knew a lady in L.A. who sells fakes. She said that not only does she sell fakes to be used on the sets of t.v. shows and movies (I guess if they don't show the logo, nobody gets in trouble), she also sells fakes to celebrities. Sharon Stone was one of her customers.

The more somebody makes, the more he or she expects freebies or discounts. My mom had to deal with this when she worked for a Major Luxury Goods store. People pulled all kinds of tricks to avoid paying sales tax. Celebrities are especially bad about this because they are comped so often and the ability to get comps sort of marks your status as a star.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry, celebs, fakes