How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-11-2005
tfs star

I'm having a hard time focussing on the fake bags,because the outfits with which they are being worn are so desperately hideous .

28-11-2005
backstage pass

^ LOL! well, it is Paris and Nicky!

I'm not sure about the special orders esp for 25% to 30% more.... I though LV doesn't cater to celebs. For example, they supposedly never give out freebies to celebs except maybe for the celebs in their campaigns (like JLo and Uma Thurman). Also, quite a few women who can afford to carry a lot of the LV bags can and will spend 25% to 30% more if it meant having a special unique bag and I don't just mean celebs... a lot of the wealthy women in NY and LA for example. And I don't think LV would allow this as it would become burdened if they had all these one-of-a-kind pieces being ordered.

Last edited by shalu; 28-11-2005 at 10:03 AM.
28-11-2005
Power to the 99%

^ I particularly like the butterflies patterned like the American flag on the aqua ground ... at least, that's what I thought I saw before my eyes crossed

28-11-2005
Meg
inspired contemplation

I'm pretty sure the dalmation print and the 'furry' LV are real. In fact, I think the 'furry' LV was worn at an LV event. Not really the place to tote a fake.

28-11-2005
blue

no pic right now, but nicole richie has a fake white balenciaga classique.
maybe someone could find a pic of it?

fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guessgirl96

Anna Kornikova's legs on the last page...
No wonder why Enrique is all over her
Back to the fake bag discussion
I am not a supporter of fake bags at all...and i hate seeing fakes around..i think no matter how much money a person has, everyone wants a good deal..I am assuming that celebrites would know that its fake...but the real deal is quite expensive...and besides most celebrities get freebies from the real thing...I for one wouldnt want to buy a bag for 35'000 dollars even if i had the money...its just not worth it...I would buy a watch for that amount but not a bag...
and besides celebrities keep changing their looks on daily basis...so maybe thats another factor...not sure...

28-11-2005
backstage pass

I wonder where they BUY the fakes -- Chinatown -- purse parties -- EBAY or do they delegate to their go-fers.

And the rich and famous are astoundingly cheap because they are so used to getting comped for everything.:p

28-11-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulcisima
No wonder why Enrique is all over her
Back to the fake bag discussion
I am not a supporter of fake bags at all...and i hate seeing fakes around..i think no matter how much money a person has, everyone wants a good deal..I am assuming that celebrites would know that its fake...but the real deal is quite expensive...and besides most celebrities get freebies from the real thing...I for one wouldnt want to buy a bag for 35'000 dollars even if i had the money...its just not worth it...I would buy a watch for that amount but not a bag...
and besides celebrities keep changing their looks on daily basis...so maybe thats another factor...not sure...
I so love this thread!! I did not know celebrities carried fakes. I read somewhere on the internet that a fan of Jessica Simpson asked her to autograph her LV tote and JS was like are you sure, it's an expensive bag....but it turns out the LV bag's a fake..LOL..I wonder if the story is true, I find it hard to believe that celebrities can't tell the real from the fake, especially since they have definetly seen the real bag IRL.

In regards to fake bags, I feel that focus should also be put on the people who make the replica bags. I would imagine those fakes made in China come out of sweat shops and are probably made by young girls our ages. Isn't that just cruel. They don't have any other choice and as long as people buy fakes, these girls get exploited and work in cramp conditions and get paid like nothing. Just thinking of this makes me angry!!

28-11-2005
V.I.P.

28-11-2005
V.I.P.

^^ What about those??

Last edited by Luna; 28-11-2005 at 03:44 PM.
28-11-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by citychic90
I wonder if the story is true, I find it hard to believe that celebrities can't tell the real from the fake, especially since they have definetly seen the real bag IRL.
loved your JS story..

probably, the need never really arose for them to be vigilant and learn the difference btw fake vs auth bags..

like.. does JS even know how to use ebay?

28-11-2005
fashion elite

Poshigirl...Thanks for the pix...I found them rather interesting...I never saw the brown fur spy with the green handles before so thats a bit questionable...the other brown spy is soo smooth from the side it feels fake...the rest i am not sure of ...

28-11-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by poshigirl
What about those??
I wanna know too

scenester

nicole's white balenciaga looks fake to me - perhaps that's the one mentioned earlier. The hardware connecting the strap to the bag is the wrong shape.

furry fendi

backstage pass

^ OMG, you are right about Nicole's bag... I never would have noticed that if you hadn't pointed it out... it's a VERY good fake though... that's the only thing that wrong with it that i can see. I've seen a few on Ebay before that have been that good... you couldn't even tell they were fake except for that tiny detail.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry, celebs, fakes