How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-12-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by masquerade
sadly, that is not isolated to factories that produce fake goods. there are many legitimate companies (perhaps not the high designer, but cheaper goods) that have the same exact conditions.

its sad, but true
I was just about to say that...its not only fakes that have kids working under these horrible conditions its basically everything made in China isn't it?

29-12-2005
front row

before i dispose of my vogues from last year... does anyone remember which month of vogue that article was from?

29-12-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trista
citychic-I read an article in a past issue of Vogue that talked about the conditions in the sweatshops where fake bags and watches are made, and it brought a tear to my eye. These kids are locked in stuffy warehouses for 14 hours of the day. Their legs are broken so that they cannot go out and play. They probably also suffer from stuff like Carpal Tunnel because you have kids who are my age or my brother's age (14) doing small, menial tasks all day.
is that for real?? if so, i'm truly sickened

windowshopping

wow, celebrities are the last people I would think of that would carry fakes.
it's horrible that so many people are doing that now, including the rich and the famous.
everyone carrying around fakes is such a disrespect to the designer, dont you guys think?

31-12-2005
windowshopping

after reading these, i have to make a comment.
how do we for sure know they are fake?
and yes, LV does do custom works for their customers. its right on their website if you explore enough. i don't think these people would buy fakes i mean they're worth tons of money. If we had money like them, wouldn't we go buy all the real stuff and lots of it? if there are those who claim to be good at telling fake to real from pics with one look, which no offence, i have hard time believing because not even the managers of LV can do the same. my best guess for them having a fake purse was for security reasons? maybe they use their fakes for just reg day to day things, and use their real purses for events? i don't know. but my final statement is that i have very hard time believing that they would purchase fake purses.

31-12-2005
windowshopping

city chic and trista, yes i have read it too around last c hristmas. it brought tears to my eyes just because it is such a disgrace to the designers. i feel like if u can't afford it, don't buy it. i've had so many people, including my mother who only buy real, thinks im too young (im 18!!!ok fine, im still a lil kid but stilL!) and young people should have fakes if i truly wanted but my mom didn't want me having a fake either (she was just stating a point that no 18 y/os should have a purse thats $800 or something also i live in res where it could easily be stolen) back to my point, its sad because child labour is a sad issue in general and there is nothing we could do to stop it because mass population will still support it knowly, and there is no alternative. i have done a project on this issue and yes we could do stuff but its really hard on the family because putting the kids through school=no incoming incomes for the family. so if you're young and can't afford the real deal, theres still plenty of real purses for kids. like dooney its kids couture, theres juicy, there burberry, prada (their simple stuff) and of course coach they could always resort to those. to rock and royalty, yes it is a disgrace to the designers. i've been ranting about this. if you think downloading music illegaly is wrong, then so is buying a fake designer purse

31-12-2005
tfs star

well.. britney's paddy is most definately fake...
heres a better pic of it:

31-12-2005
V.I.P.

/\uuuuuuuggggggghhhhhhh! she looks worse than usual

31-12-2005
Diamond

petite and sweet and Pinky* please credit your picture sources

~Madeleine Albright
31-12-2005
offline.

Wow.. Britney seriously either needs a bra, or needs a better one. Those puppies are hitting the deck.

31-12-2005
tfs star

oops, celebweb.org

31-12-2005
boop

Another of Britney's fake Paddy

Image credit: JJB

01-01-2006
rising star

IS Britney's paddington really fake? It looks like the small size & it looks real to me.... How do you guys tell its fake?????

01-01-2006
front row

IMO, fake or real the paddington is not an attractive bag anyway

what have you done today to make you feel proud?

Last edited by copper; 01-01-2006 at 03:20 AM.
01-01-2006
backstage pass

how do you guys tell real from fake just from pictures?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry, celebs, fakes