How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-01-2006
scenester

I love this thread:p Any more pics?

01-01-2006
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx
Another of Britney's fake Paddy

please don't quote pictures

Image credit: JJB
it looks pretty real to me, it is just a small version of a brown one
(I have a real one) but I might be wrong

Last edited by Hipkitten; 01-01-2006 at 12:30 PM.
01-01-2006
boop

In my opinion it just looks a little off compared to the small Paddington. Maybe whatever she has in there has stretched it out but the handles seem a little long and the shape seems off. I could be wrong though. In fact I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to give Britney the benefit of the doubt since I don't like to think that celebs buy fakes and I used to like her.

Small Paddington for comparison:

Image Credit: Chloe.com

Last edited by Luxx; 01-01-2006 at 11:42 AM.
01-01-2006
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbochap
IS Britney's paddington really fake? It looks like the small size & it looks real to me.... How do you guys tell its fake?????
It's definitely fake. I hate the way this sounds, but once you've had a real one (or even seen one at length), you know a fake a mile away. Britney's is so stiff and although it's distressed and wrinkled, it doesn't slouch. It's just alllllllll wrong, lol. The size is wrong, the color of the padlock.... it's just. wrong.

01-01-2006
still here

^about Britney's paddy, this going to be hard to explain, but...

You know the round part at the base of the handles, the place where they get connected to the bag? Well that round part just looks too flatenned onto the bag on britney's. My bag, and the other paddingtons I've seen just don't look like that at that spot. That part sticks out a little bit more on a real one.

Hope that makes some sense to somebody

01-01-2006
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mundodabolsa

You know the round part at the base of the handles, the place where they get connected to the bag? Well that round part just looks too flatenned onto the bag on britney's. My bag, and the other paddingtons I've seen just don't look like that at that spot. That part sticks out a little bit more on a real one.

I understand what you mean and agree!

01-01-2006
boop

Quote:

Exactly! I think she's definitely got a fake.

I wonder if wearing these fakes can hurt a celebrities reputation with designers. The designers essentially let the stars borrow their clothing / send them free things / give them discounts and so on but if they are a known fake wearer I wonder if that could harm their relationship with the designers. If I were a designer I would not want to lend/give clothing to someone who supports the counterfeit industry. Especially since these stars have every opportunity to buy real things. Its not like they can't afford it.

Last edited by Luxx; 01-01-2006 at 02:46 PM.
02-01-2006
V.I.P.

Stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by petite and sweet
Please don't quote pictures
Britney Spears with a fake Paddington??
taken from the Paddington thread
She have a lot of money
if she carried a fake paddington...how stupid she is

Last edited by Hipkitten; 02-01-2006 at 11:01 AM.
02-01-2006
trendsetter

A possible explanation may be that she accidentally sat on it and deformed its shape. :p

scenester

Quote:
after reading these, i have to make a comment.
how do we for sure know they are fake?
and yes, LV does do custom works for their customers. its right on their website if you explore enough. i don't think these people would buy fakes i mean they're worth tons of money. If we had money like them, wouldn't we go buy all the real stuff and lots of it? if there are those who claim to be good at telling fake to real from pics with one look, which no offence, i have hard time believing because not even the managers of LV can do the same. my best guess for them having a fake purse was for security reasons? maybe they use their fakes for just reg day to day things, and use their real purses for events? i don't know. but my final statement is that i have very hard time believing that they would purchase fake purses.
well first to tell the fakes of the multicolors, the authentic lv's have a diffrent color on the flower next to the corner right of it.... and paris's and nickys are bad fakes.... well LV limits their customizatio, i only know one customized bag.. the looping bag in epi leather.. which is around 1600.. my aunt got it in mocha..

04-01-2006
V.I.P.

good topic!

can we try and please just post pics of celebs we think carry fakes and not just an array of pics and THEN ask whether they are fake or not

weet tweet tweet @w_i_p_monaco

Last edited by leyla m.; 04-01-2006 at 08:27 PM.
05-01-2006
V.I.P.

amazing topic. wow you learn something new everyday.

06-01-2006
trendsetter

how about some more pics of britney's 'paddington':p after close looks at pictures over and over again, i must agree with you guys that it is a fake. i'm almost 100% certain that it's not the small paddy. (source: popsugar.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _jpkio9.jpg (30.5 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg _jpkirk.jpg (29.7 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg britshorthair.jpg (97.7 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by nat_attak; 06-01-2006 at 02:49 AM.
06-01-2006
V.I.P.

^i wonder if she knows its a fake?

06-01-2006
windowshopping

hey everyone, ive made a couple comments on this this thread about how you guys can look at a tiny pic of a purse and determine whether its real or not. so i decided to make up a small quiz containing 3 photos of a monogram canvas poches and monogram cherise speedy. i will leave it until tomorrow 9pm est (after my work) i will reveal the answers whether its real or not, and also source the pics then.
i have cropped the pic so you don't see whos face it is. it might be a celebrity, it might be a random person, it might be a random picture from a website. i was wondering if you can distinguish whether its real or fake thank you
-jenny
p.s i hope this doesn't come off as myself being very rude. i'm just curious thats all

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
carry, celebs, fakes