How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2011
tfs star

^ Really? I think it looks so off.
I love the first one... <3 blue on red.

23-04-2011
fashion insider

I think it's gorgeous.

Last edited by SMKelly; 23-04-2011 at 07:36 PM. Reason: comment could be considered inflammatory.
23-04-2011
tfs star

the croc is KILLING me!!!!

17-05-2011
windowshopping

The Céline store in Milan killed me! I was hoping to find a new, tan colored bag during that trip and luckily I did; I brought the medium Bowling bag home with me, but seeing all those Céline bags together made me very greedy!

trendsetter

I love the Celine Boston bag, I wish I could own one !!!

21-06-2011
fashion insider

Is anyone turned off the Bosten/Luggage bag now that seemingly everyone has it? Next after the (Mulberry) Alexa, it looks more and more like the Celine Luggage bag is the new "It" bag.

21-06-2011
Once King

Have yet to personally see one on the streets of Baltimore, so I am not bothered by its popularity at all. It is well deserved to be honest.

21-06-2011
fashion insider

^I see. My POV - and maybe I'm just being a snob - but the Luggage (and Alexa, Paddington etc. before it) are not cheap bags. For me personally, I would have to save up for a while and that's why I wouldn't want to see "my bag" hanging over the arms of everyone else too. Right now, I don't think it's quite as overexposed as the Alexa - although you would think so because of bloggers - but I definitely see the trend.

21-06-2011
backstage pass

I would say the luggage is extremely sought after but nowhere near as easy to obtain or 'common' as the Alexa, I live in London and I can count on one hand the number of Celine's I've spotted vs all the other so called 'it' bags.

I'm hoping to get my hands on one this season!

V.I.P.

the Luggage is definitely THE IT bag right now. i think it helps that it's not THAT expensive (about 1,5k seems to be pretty normal nowadays for a designer It bag)

24-06-2011
fashion insider

Imo, the Luggage is not as overexposed as the Alexa because like the Alexa before it is currently sold faster than it's produced. With the Alexa they increased production - even outsourcing to e.g. Turkey. I doubt Phoebe will allow this (after newly re-establishing the exclusivity of Celine), but it will be interesting to see if Celine will increase production or if demand falls when the hype dies down a notch.

24-06-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by advo View Post
Imo, the Luggage is not as overexposed as the Alexa because like the Alexa before it is currently sold faster than it's produced. With the Alexa they increased production - even outsourcing to e.g. Turkey. I doubt Phoebe will allow this (after newly re-establishing the exclusivity of Celine), but it will be interesting to see if Celine will increase production or if demand falls when the hype dies down a notch.
I agree with this, not to mention third party boutiques have been limited as to how many they can actually buy in. I think it's a good thing as despite the hype we aren't over-saturated with them; even Birkins are a more common sighting

scenester

I have a Luggage and have yet to see anyone in Atlanta carrying one. I've never actually seen one in real life, except my own. I think it's a great piece to invest in, as the design is simple and classic. Plus, the leather becomes so supple and even more beautiful with wear. Really, really great quality leather!!

fashion insider

^Do you think it's heavy? That's one of the things that puts me off about a bag. Especially a tote, because I would want to carry a lot in such a bag.

28-06-2011
scenester

It does have some weight to it, but I don't think it's any heavier than the other designer leather bags out there like the Alexa or Givenchy's Nightingale.

The only complaint I would have about it is that it doesn't have any straps. It would be nice to be hands free, sometimes.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, celine, philo, phoebe