How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2012
V.I.P.

how do you guys feel about the Trapeze bag? I am getting tired of every woman (plus the girls at my college who probably have one because Kim Karashian does) in NY carrying the around the Luggage one. How much does the Trapeze usually run in retail? my bf said he'd get me on for my birthday which is sadly all the way in September but I want to know if it's what I want for sure.

Also, why don't any of the department stores carry Celine online? I'll google the bag and Saks or Barneys will pop up with one but say the product is not available

05-04-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
how do you guys feel about the Trapeze bag? I am getting tired of every woman (plus the girls at my college who probably have one because Kim Karashian does) in NY carrying the around the Luggage one. How much does the Trapeze usually run in retail? my bf said he'd get me on for my birthday which is sadly all the way in September but I want to know if it's what I want for sure.

Also, why don't any of the department stores carry Celine online? I'll google the bag and Saks or Barneys will pop up with one but say the product is not available
I think the Trapeze is ok, it can look amazing in some colour ways, but I'm a mini luggage a girl at heart

I would assume it's due to the 'limited' availability and probably direction from the brand to make the bags as difficult as possible to get.

front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post

I am the owner of a lovely tri-color trapeze and I am absolutely obsessed with it! I love the luggage too but also am getting slightly sick of it because I see it everywhere. There's two sizes, the regular size with a strap that retails for $2100 and a larger size with no strap for $2300 or 2400 I believe. Celine doesn't "officially" sell any of their products online, same thing as Chanel…but I know overstock, porter, and a few smaller sites carry them. Good luck!

05-04-2012
V.I.P.

^^okay thanks for the info. I guess we will only know if I recieve one when September comes

05-04-2012
trendsetter

^^^TREVO-tell him to get it asap because Céline has been raising its prices like crazy. I am not kidding. I bought my mini luggage about a year ago for about $1600 and now they're around $2900. He saves money, you get it sooner, it's a win-win

Sill-have you been using your trio? If so, how do you like it? I absolutely love mine! It's so cute and really practical and it fits just the right amount of stuff. I really want to buy a black one now.

Last edited by Red Sole; 05-04-2012 at 02:11 PM.
05-04-2012
Some Like It Hot

Trevo, you can always email a personal shopper at Matches and they can assist you on prices for Céline, they do stock Céline and ship worldwide and have impeccable standards with shipping etc etc...

V.I.P.

i heard that the Trapeze is weird tho, cause all the weight is concentrated on the lock, cause the handle is positioned ON the flap...

06-04-2012
V.I.P.

Red Sole: Yes, I've been using mine a lot! However, I didn't dare to take it out when I went out to a club because people always manage to spill wine on me But I absolutely adore it! As you say, it fits the right amount of stuff and really practical with the pockets.

And thank you all for the comments!

Last edited by sill; 06-04-2012 at 01:43 AM.
06-04-2012
trendsetter

^^^I knew it! It's such a great little bag!

06-04-2012
tailored

they redesigned the trapeze from the original version so it would be more stable when held by the handle and are using a stiffer leather...
i think the redesign happened after the first season, so i would try to get a newer trapeze if you can...

Some Like It Hot

Fall Winter 2012/13 Bags

*Style.com

Ère de ℳodernité

^The metallic box is quite cool but the rest leaves me cold

When in doubt, wear red.

It's almost as if they are running out of ideas. This collection is particularly weak IMO.

V.I.P.

Yeah, I'm not really feeling those either. The last one is nice though, but nothing too special.

Some Like It Hot

I think the other problem is that they've created such iconic and outstanding pieces that they're starting to scrape the barrel for ideas, hence such a weak collection of accessories IMHO.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, celine, philo, phoebe