How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-08-2012
V.I.P.

Nevermind I Google searched it, and I believe it's called the Edge

12-08-2012
backstage pass

Yes, it is Edge.
All of these were right here mixed with spring 2012 bags, though I can't see them either rn - http://www.celine.com/en/collection/...leather-goods/.
Their site has never been much friendly.

13-08-2012
trendsetter

seahorseinstripe i love your gorgeous classic box and all, but where did you get your kitty phone case?!?

14-08-2012
Some Like It Hot

'Case Bag' - €2,500

*Celine.com

V.I.P.

Okay, so I believe I am getting the Trapeze for my 21st thats next month My boyfriend asked me which color I wanted... if he were to get it . I told him black, and I went to visit the Celine store in NYC but it's closed until the 20th. I as wondering if anyone has been into a Celine store recently and what colors is the Trapeze available in besides the colors online, if there are other colors

18-08-2012
trendsetter

^I recently got the black and white bi-colour Trapeze from the fall 2012 collection (the same one featured in the campaign, the one Daria's holding), but I got it from the Paris boutique. I didn't personally go to Paris, but got it through Suzan Becker of Shop France Inc. I paid $1900 for it, which includes a 10% commission for Suzan, but it still works out loads cheaper than buying it in the States. The smallest Trapeze retails for $2300 and the one I got would probably retail for $2500 or in the ballpark . It usually takes a longer time for the latest designs to hit the stores Stateside, plus they keep jacking up the prices every four months.

As far as I know I don't think the Fall 2012 collection is available in the States yet. The only have the Pre-Fall bags, and these include:

a) the solid drummed leather bags. The small retails for $2300 and the large for $2500. Comes in black, navy and coquelicot red.

b) the tricolour Trapezes. Retail for $2450. There are two models - one which comes with the suede wings and the leather flap, and one which comes with the suede flap and leather wings.

c) The croc embossed Trapezes. Come in grey and black. The black one I saw in Barneys retailed for $2450.

d) The exotics - pony hair and python. Retail for about $3500 or in the same ballpark.

You want to peruse this thread on purseforum, which has the pictures of all the bags which are available, and if you go back a few pages, the ones which are in the fall collection.

Last edited by pavonine; 18-08-2012 at 03:30 AM.
18-08-2012
V.I.P.

^thanks so much! and wow what a difference from the price you paid to the US price

18-08-2012
V.I.P.

Spring? or Cruise?

and no Phantom Luggages?

18-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TREVOFASHIONISTO View Post
^thanks so much! and wow what a difference from the price you paid to the US price
The savings are substantial, as there's no sales tax if you buy via Suzan either. I think on the whole I saved up to $800, which would pay a month's rent, lol.

I doubt the Fall 2012 collection will hit the Stateside stores before October, and when they do, I'm almost certain they'd have jacked up the prices again. If you don't mind waiting for an additional month or so, you could get in touch with Suzan (no affiliation) to know when her next trip to France is. It's odds on you'll get a better selection and a better price.

18-08-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street_a_Licious View Post
Spring? or Cruise?

and no Phantom Luggages?
Céline don't follow the usual nomenclature.

Pre-Fall = Céline Fall
Fall = Céline Winter
Cruise = Céline Spring
Spring/Summer = Céline Summer.

Here are some more bags from their Fall (Pre Fall) and Winter (Fall) collection.

purseforum

18-08-2012
trendsetter

Oh, and here's another picture of the mirror-box, which appears to be one of the most sought after bags this season.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but personally the only ones I think are worth buying are the Trapeze and the Box bags. I know the Luggages and Phantoms are the signature bags, but I never was THAT impress with them even when they first came out, and now seeing it on every A/B/C and especially D list celebs and every celeb wannabe has put me off it completely. I've seen the Cabas in person, and I think they are very poorly constructed bags. They are unlined and look terribly flimsy and tend to slough rather unattractively at times. If I'm paying north of $1K, the LEAST I'd expect is for the bag to be durable, and the cabas doesn't cut the mustard.

The Box bag, though, does look amazing, and the material and the hardware is to die for. I'm reluctant to pull the trigger as I'm not able to justify the exorbitant price to myself. I've heard people have scored it for up to 60% off, and I'll only get it if I can get a good deal. Paying retail for what's ultimately a small little bag is something I can never justify to myself.

I find the Trapeze with it's straight contours, simplicity and the square clasp to be just incredibly, incredibly chic, and the fact that it hasn't been seen on a plethora of celebs means it is still somewhat under the radar and not quite an 'IT' bag like the Luggage/Phantom. It looks timeless and classic and sophisticated and can be both hand-held as well as slung on the shoulder. It reminds me in a great many number of ways of the Hermes Kelly, only I think this is more functional than the Kelly (it's larger and can store more), more chic, daresay WAY better designed and is one fourth the price.

purseforum

18-08-2012
V.I.P.

thanks so much for all the posts! I am salivating I was wondering the dimensions of the small and large Trapeze. I also agree with your post, which is why I fell in love with the Trapeze bag earlier this year. The luggage is overseen and the value of it has decreased imo because it is seen so often. It's the brown monogram LV bag of the Celine bags now

19-08-2012
tfs star

oohhh the mirror box bag and the exotic ones are crazily gorgeous!!
i love my medium box and i think it's one of my best purchase ever, i tried on the large the other day at the boutique and oh boy it is HUGE!! i'm 5'4" and the bag is hanging so low and it looks very big on me
i tried the suede shoulder bag too, the chain is very heavy i can't stand it. although i love the fact that the bag got an outer back pocket but the clasp is even more complicated than the box, it'll be a hassle for me to get things in and out

26-08-2012
boop

The mirror box is really the stuff of dreams! Though I do wonder what it would look like over time since the Celine Box bags are made to age into that vintagey look... Very curious if the mirrored silver would fade or scratch.

Love the Trapeze as well - it just screams chic and unique. There is simply something about it.

seahorseinstripe I'm so with you on the large box, it is just MASSIVE! I usually go for large bags but the Box looks best in the medium & small sizes.

26-08-2012
trendsetter

More eye candy. Céline Spring (by which they mean Cruise) preview.

purseforum

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
bags, celine, philo, phoebe