How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2005
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
Maxi, that bag you originally posted is indeed the 2.55... it's the medium size (the classic and most popular size) in pink caviar leather with gold hardware. I have it in the silver hardware
Meowmix,

You have this bag! I'm am liking the pink more and more. Also, I didn't know you can get either gold or silver hardware - that is great . If you can, would you please post pics of your bag?

Thanks,
Maxi

22-03-2005
rising star

One more question for those of you who own this bag or any Chanel for that matter. How do they wear? Do they hold up to everyday use? I wouldn't be using the bag every day, but when I do carry one of my bags, I'm certainly NOT easy on them. Also, does Chanel do repairs to the bags when needed?

Maxi

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

hmm i posted a pic a while ago... i don't know what happened to it. the caviar leathers wear pretty well imo... the lambskin (the smooth leather which you can also get with these bags) is really high maintenance and marks easily. i haven't had to repair any of my chanel bags but i'm almost positive they will repair it when needed.

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Meowmix, how often do you use your Chanel 2.55? Is it a good handbag I could use day to day?

22-03-2005
rising star

meowmix, could you take a few pics of your bag and post them? I'd love to see them .

Maxi

22-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
meowmix, could you take a few pics of your bag and post them? I'd love to see them .

Maxi
do a search for "chanel" and her username and you'll find it.

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

I used to use it quite often... it's a great shoulderbag and I don't have to worry too much about the leather getting dirty (it has bounced around my car pretty badly before ). However, I haven't used it much since I got a checkbook wallet because it will only hold the wallet, my cellphone and keys. But if you don't have very much to carry, it would be perfect... it looks great

22-03-2005
rising star

meowmix, I did a search and saw your pic. It's lovely . I think I'd need the jumbo one though .

Maxi

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

^ thanks for answering my question! I really want one now

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxi
meowmix, I did a search and saw your pic. It's lovely . I think I'd need the jumbo one though .

Maxi
How much do you reckon the Jumbo one would cost?

22-03-2005
rising star

LOL Vintage, I defintely need the jumbo and I'm guessing very, very close to $2k. I absolutely adore the pink, but I know I'll definitely get more use out of the black. But, I'm just not a black bag person. I absolutely HATE decisions, LOL!

I'm sure I'll be lamenting on this for quite a while before I make up my mind .
Maxi

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

Well, when I bought my medium one i think it cost around $1300 USD? I don't know if they raised the price since then, but I'm guessing around $1400-1500 USD for a jumbo caviar... honestly though, I don't really like the way the jumbo looks

22-03-2005
front row

the SA at Chanel told me they do repair and clean the bags for you. she said not to get scared though when you see that its taking too long to get it back, she said it could take up to like three months to get it back, so get ready to part with it for a while if you want it cleaned or fixed

22-03-2005
front row

i almost bought the medium caviar in black before i noticed the cerf tote, and its somewhere between 1,500 and 1,650 USD, so i suppose the jumbo would be even closer to two grand

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Which is better - caviar or lambskin leather? I like the lambskin better because it looks softer but probably harder to look after?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
255, bag, chanel, classic, flap