How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Which is better - caviar or lambskin leather? I like the lambskin better because it looks softer but probably harder to look after?
the lambskin will scratch and wear, but it will also develop a "burnished" look that you might like. and it's really soft -- like butta. the caviar on the other hand will look pretty new forever. that was my dilemma with the multipocket. it's lambskin and I didn't think it would look good broken in (and I hate the hot pink satin lining -- ick).

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

what color are you considering? i love the lambskin... it looks beautiful, but it's really tough to look after! i have the lilac lambskin and it already got a thumbprint on it from when i was eating a french macaroon

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

meeyowsa, the lambskin on the cambon bags feels different... like there's something more on it. i have the black multipocket and it's holding up pretty well so far, whereas my lilac lambskin 2.55 feels much more delicate

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Thanks for the advice Im not sure what colors will be available at the Chanel boutiques over here so im planning to give them a call and ask for more info..but i want a light color Chanel 2.55. I like white, beige, pink..basically im not that fussy as long as its not the black one.

22-03-2005
blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Which is better - caviar or lambskin leather? I like the lambskin better because it looks softer but probably harder to look after?
caviar is better....more durable than lambskin.
two of my older sisters both own these bags...

one is lambskin with goldhardware, and the other one is caviar with gold..

lambskin is definitely harder to look after, scratches are easily visible even in black..
lambskin itself is softer than caviar, but 2.55s are quilted and structured, so the lambskin ends up being stiff anyways.

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Thanks for that cloud9. I secretly prefer the lambskin because it looks nicer but knowing me i should go for caviar . Btw, is lambskin more expensive?

22-03-2005
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by meowmix
honestly though, I don't really like the way the jumbo looks
why?

22-03-2005
V.I.P.

because it seems the medium is the classic 2.55 shape... the jumbo looks a little 'older' to me... i just don't like the proportion of the jumbo bag with the chain strap...

and yes the lambskin is more expensive

22-03-2005
backstage pass

how do you bring your bag in for them to clean it? can you bring it to their shop even if you did not purchase it there? and how much would this cost?

22-03-2005
Adorable illusion

Thanks

23-03-2005
backstage pass

Thought that all the bags in the Cambon line, incl. the multi-pocket was in calf skin leather as the range is positioned for greater durability and for a younger consumer market.

The pink caviar quilted bag has gold hardware for the one size smaller than the medium. Medium pink caviar has silver hardware. This is the info my Chanel SA told me. Also the 2.55 is also known as 1112 or 1113, which refers to the size i.e. small or medium.

23-03-2005
fashion elite

so if you could have either the multipocket or the 2.55, which would you choose?

23-03-2005
Adorable illusion

^ Thats what im wondering too....

23-03-2005
fashion elite

If it were me I would go with the 2.55 because of the classic factor. It is less than half the price of the multi-pocket and I think you will get more wear out of it. I personally like the style better as well, but if you do not care about longevity than just go with what you like better.

blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJCouture
If it were me I would go with the 2.55 because of the classic factor. It is less than half the price of the multi-pocket and I think you will get more wear out of it. I personally like the style better as well, but if you do not care about longevity than just go with what you like better.
multipocket was THAT expensive?
**** i had no idea.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
255, bag, chanel, classic, flap