How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-09-2005
trendsetter

as a refresher for other folks thinking about getting the reissue. this is from earlier in this thread:

Last edited by pigleto972001; 28-09-2005 at 07:16 PM.

28-09-2005
Frozen irony.

Aww.... I really want one in grey now.. but i already have a grey Balenciaga..hmm..

jan, congrats!! Please post pics!

28-09-2005
trendsetter

amazingly, i REALLY wanted one in grey and ended up with a white one! it's amazing how each color is so neat and fits into one's wardrobe.

honestly i want to keep playing with the white bag but i'm afraid i'll get it dirty. my bag is really a light purple more so than white...it rarely looks "white" the color is really multifaceted. i bet the grey is the same way i love drel's grey bag in her photos! also i'm happy to report that it didn't look tooo ridiculous with my scrub pants!

i think out of all wingnut's items, i could prob only fit the red wallet and cell phone in my 225 !

Last edited by pigleto972001; 28-09-2005 at 07:25 PM.

28-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigleto972001
jan, CONGRATS! post some pics!

my bag is at work with me now, sitting on a sheet of white tissue paper i need to get this vectra stuff, anybody know where to get it? can u post a pic of the spray so i know it's the right one?

the bags are an investment and i need to treat them like it!
Found a website that sells Vectra - www.sagesaks.com On the home page click on "shopping" - you'll get a page with a bunch of fabric bags. Scroll to the bottom of the page and you'll see the Vectra. I think it's manufactured here in Atlanta so I don't know if it's mostly available here but I bought it at a very upscale boutique here and then the SA at NM told me today that's what they use when customers ask them to treat a bag they've purchased - and that it's really remarkable. I'll post pics of my 2.55 soon!

28-09-2005
tfs star

jan, I'll be perfectly serious here. I know you purcased a couple bags lately but I really think you are going to love this chanel bag for a very long time to come. Our balenciaga's "maybe" will come and go, but there is the classic element to chanel. Forget the limited edition thing and all the hype, when you look at the bag or have it on, is this something you can see yourself wearing for years to come? Is this something you won't get tired of? Do you smile when you look at it?

OK, I'm done being serious, I KNEW you were going to get the bag .

28-09-2005
tfs star

Balbabe - I LOVE YOU!!!! Thanks so much for the support - you are absolutely right. I have a small Chanel that I bought about 6 years ago that I use alot and know I will have forever. They are a good investment too. That 6 year old Chanel cost me around $700. and is over $1000. today. You think I'm okay with the WHITE (YIKES!)? That's a little scary to me.

28-09-2005
backstage pass

Jan, I think you are fortunate to get the white. I think it was produced in the most limited quantity, so you will be one of the few to own it.

28-09-2005
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingNut
With all the questions swirling around about what can fit in which bag, I "stuffed" my 226 black with what I would take for a night out or casual (light) day, then laid everything out and took a photo. I can fit enough stuff in there comfortably for an evening.

I was originally unsure of the 226 size for 2 reasons. 1), I am 5'9" tall, but very thin, so I thought it might be too small. I did the paper cut-out thing for the 227 size but it looked too big for going out, and for daytime I knew it wouldn't be big enough for the everything-plus-the-kitchen-sink load I normally carry. 2) I thought it would be too close in size and color to my classic 2.55 caviar. Both I and my boyfriend like the reissue much better, and with it being 1" bigger than the classic all around it is much more adaptable to my stuff for evenings.

I'm still a little hesitant to use it until I am 100% positive I won't want a 227, but the 227 just looked too much like a day bag on my small (but long) frame.

Hope this helps a bit....here's the photo of what the bag held (and I could add a lipstick, keys, easily)

wow, thanks. i sort of have an idea now.

28-09-2005
trendsetter

jan, is your white mostly white or mostly lavender? mine's mostly lavender and it's white in some light i need that vectra...thanks for the website that sells it. until then i'll have to wrap it up in a lot of white tissue paper when i store it!

28-09-2005
trendsetter

Thanks jan I will buy that Vectra Spray too.

But no reissue exchange for me today......I called NM today, my SA is off (she didn't tell me yesterday!!) But I spoke to the assistant manager and she said they won't get the next shipment till next week (maybe end of next week!!!) Then why my SA told me yesterday that she was told it will arrive today!!!!! So disappointed...

28-09-2005
front row

jan, CONGRATS!!!!! i got my white 227 last week and was a bit worried that it was too big, esp compared to my grey 226 - but, decided to persevere and use it anyway .. and i LOVE it!!! i can fit my pda, wallet, cell and cosmetic bag in it and still have some extra space.. mine is more lavender but in bright light, looks fab!!! also, thanks for the vectra link - definitely going to have to buy some..

pigleto, i'm laughing at your scrub comment - my white reissue classes up my scrubs too - but makes my coat look dirty in comparison!

28-09-2005
front row

oh, hikaru - hang in there.. you'll get yours soon..

28-09-2005
trendsetter

thanks drel! i am trying...

28-09-2005
Of too many minds

Congrats to everyone that just got their bags!

hikaru - not to worry you'll probably get your bag soon!

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

28-09-2005
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by janyoung99
Balbabe - I LOVE YOU!!!! Thanks so much for the support - you are absolutely right. I have a small Chanel that I bought about 6 years ago that I use alot and know I will have forever. They are a good investment too. That 6 year old Chanel cost me around $700. and is over $1000. today. You think I'm okay with the WHITE (YIKES!)? That's a little scary to me.
I think you're only going to love your white more and more as time goes by . Ya know, if you have your heart set on the black re-issue, have your SA get it in for you and see how you like it. A girl can never have too many bags .

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue