How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

15-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
Updates on the store here: 226 and 225 in grey are out of stock. I'm more interested in the 225 than 226 in grey. The grey is 225 is the perfect 2.55 bag, imo.

Chances of me getting the bag? No idea. Oh well. If it comes, it comes.

Meanwhile, I'll just enjoy the bags you all are going to get.
What country/area are you in? i am waiting for a 225 and 226 in grey. I put my name on both lists coz i don't know which size i like more yet. but if i am so lucky that i am able to get both (i guess i am being very optimistic here), do you want me to sell you one?

15-08-2005
Frozen irony.

vintage, i am still not sure if i'll get the bag or not...

I don't really wanna get caught up in a hype.. hmm.. i do need a black bag though..

15-08-2005
Adorable illusion

I do agree its very hyped up especially on this forum, but because its a 2.55 I still think its timeless

Trust me, usually I dont like black bags but for this Chanel I made an exception

15-08-2005
Of too many minds

Pucci, I think it depends on what you want to use the black bag for - work? everyday usage? Then you'll really be better off getting a bigger and more sturdy black bag.

But if you have your heart set on getting a Chanel 2.55 someday, I really think the re-issue will be a good buy. It's special as it looks exactly like the original. Of course, it also depends on whether you are into the vintage look for your bags

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

15-08-2005
Frozen irony.

Hi chiangsi, i am planning to wear it on a everyday basic, not really anything formal...

And i am also a bit worried that it might be to 'dressy' for me..

And i haven't really been that much into the 'vintage' look before... i like things with and edge, i am so confused.. my bf, thinks im being drawn into a hype, but if i'll let this bag pass i might regret it.

I also need a black bag in my collection. LOL.

15-08-2005
trendsetter

yea, i do think this is a hype but because 2.55 is such a classic bag maybe it's a good bag to keep for a long time. As for whether this looks too formal, maybe we can have vintage princess to show us some pics of her carrying her bag with her casual day-in day-out outfit. So you can get a better idea. I remember she said it looks fine with her sweater + jeans look. I think as long as you don't carry this bag with flip flop + juicy t-shirt + shorts you should be ok.

15-08-2005
Frozen irony.

Yeah, it would be so cool if the people that have or get's the bag shows their Chanel outfits..

And btw, Juicy?! Eww.. i never touch that stuff..

15-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Yeah, it would be so cool if the people that have or get's the bag shows their Chanel outfits..

And btw, Juicy?! Eww.. i never touch that stuff..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

15-08-2005
Of too many minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by pucci_mama
Hi chiangsi, i am planning to wear it on a everyday basic, not really anything formal...

And i am also a bit worried that it might be to 'dressy' for me..

And i haven't really been that much into the 'vintage' look before... i like things with and edge, i am so confused.. my bf, thinks im being drawn into a hype, but if i'll let this bag pass i might regret it.

I also need a black bag in my collection. LOL.
Well, then it might boil down to how much you expect your black bag to hold. If by everyday use, you'll think you'll do fine with keys, wallet, cell and a lipstick, then the small (225) re-issue will do fine for you.

If you want to carry lots more, then it also depends on whether you like the re-issue in the larger sizes e.g 226, 227.

I don't think you'll have to worry about the re-issue being too formal, I do believe that the design is versatile enough to accomodate a certain specturm of clothing. But of course, I don't think it will work with running shoes and sweats

And one more important question - do you like the re-issue or are you interested in it because of the hype ? I am sorry if this may come across as bring harsh because I definitely don't mean it that way.

This brings me to my next point. From personal experience, I realise that it's hard to get the full use out of something if you don't like it. Plus, I feel that purses are emotional stuff, at least for me.

I really do believe that if you like something and you are willing to work it into your warobe (up to a certain extent), you will really get the best mileage out of any fashion purchase

{*princessimp.blogspot.com*}

15-08-2005
fashion insider

If you love the shape and style of 2.55 then any old 2.55 would be nice but if you especially like the vintage look then get the reissue. The classic look will always be around so it really is not necessary to follow the hype if you like 2.55 for what it is. Plus it's cheaper if you get the classic style. If you think a 2.55 will not suit your life style then I don't think it's a smart purchase. You don't want to save the bag for some special occasion a year later and have people say "look, that's the chanel bag from two seasons ago"

15-08-2005
backstage pass

pucci_mama...did you enjoy using the Chanel pewter bag which rhiannonmars has as well? Is it my poor memory or did I read in an earlier post that you rarely used it or returned it or something like that? (Please excuse the weak memory ) Maybe that could be an indication if you really like the Chanel look...or not...

I've observed that the funkier, edgier and trendier fashion lovers tend to find the Chanel classic bags daunting i.e. mature, old, conservative etc...at least in the beginning of a Chanel-purchase journey and/or with the 1st 2.55 purchase. But like chiangsi aptly advised in the last sentence of her post (#204), if "...if you like something and you are willing to work it into your wardrobe (up to a certain extent), you will really get the best mileage out of any fashion purchase..."

Also, with a Chanel 2.55, the addiction can potentially be as serious as the one Balenciaga lovers are experiencing. With the 1st "taste" of a 2.55, there will be more that one will crave for !!!

When I was in the store for a preview of the Black/Gold 226, my outfit was a brown cargo pants, pale green camisole with a grey track top and slippers (urgh...sounds eeecckkk when described in words but it worked well... ). The bag still looked fabulous and not at all incongrous/blatantly incompatible with the outfit. In fact, the bag added that touch of class which could have been the salvation to potentially drabby outfit... ....

Would it be possible for you to view the bag 1st before having to decide? Or may be you could leave it to fate and just walk into a Chanel store to see if there's one available *lovingly calling out to you, tenderly whispering your name* for you to take home?

15-08-2005
trendsetter

Pucci, I'm sounding like a broken record, but the 2.55 is surprisingly, very versatile. Like bagbag, I was in really casual clothes the first time I went to the store to check out the reissue. And the bag looked ok on me.

Also, if you want to go for a more informal bag, I find that the bigger resissues are less formal.

15-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikarupanda
What country/area are you in? i am waiting for a 225 and 226 in grey. I put my name on both lists coz i don't know which size i like more yet. but if i am so lucky that i am able to get both (i guess i am being very optimistic here), do you want me to sell you one?
Thanks!!! You're so nice!!! That would be really great.

16-08-2005
Fashion Icon googoo gagaa

just put my name down at bergorf..for the large re-issue in grey...should have it by sep! soo excited!

16-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kare2711
Thanks!!! You're so nice!!! That would be really great.
I will let you know!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue