How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Finishing Touches / Handbags
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-08-2005
trendsetter

From Saks Catalog
Saks 2.55

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Okie dokie. I think I am done posting pics for now. I'm hoping vintage_princess & fie will post photos of their 2.55's on here next.

Post away and add any pictures of specs! I'll try to hit up a mod to help me update the first post now and then if possible. It would be neet to start a roster of who is on the waitlist too, but that would need to be edited often as well.

10-08-2005
windowshopping

v nice, I really like the grey one. Do you know how much is the medium size?

10-08-2005
trendsetter

The bag looks so squashed and unappealing in the pictures carried by the models, but it's not that way.

It's really beautiful when the bag is filled up.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

I emailed Luna to see if it was possible to start editing the first post and list price data.

If everyone can be patient with me, I'll try to update that asap. I might try to visit a boutique this week and get the real lowdown on the price/size/style number issue we are still having. From what I can tell, everyone is still confused about this. I'll make it a priority to try to help people clear this up. (any help on this issue is greatly appreciated)

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintage_princess
Hikarupanda, the small one I saw was really small. I knew I wasnt going to get it because I was after the original size like in the ad and my SA kept on saying it was best suited as an evening bag.
Also, the size I have is the medium which is the bag Daria is carrying in the ad.
Ok gals, I have some new clarifications on the sizes from Neiman Marcus today. Well, you see, I went to Chanel at South Coast Plaza and the whole time the SA said their store is getting only 3 sizes, and I guess the whole time in this thread we are only regarding the sizes as small, medium and large. But today when I called NM I spoke to an SA named Elizabeth I get a much better understanding on the sizes. Lets talk about them from the smallest to the largest I have known so far.

1. Vintage, I think the smallest one you saw was really the smallest one in the collection, which might be about $1795.

2. The one I am waiting for at South Coast, I believe, is A30225, $1875, which is the same size as the original 2.55. The SA keeps saying this is the smallest but I think it's the smallest in their particular store only, NOT the smallest in the collection. Dimension for A30225 is 18 cm X 24.5 cm X 5.5 cm.

3. Next, we have A30226, 20 cm X 28 cm X 6 cm, $1995. I like this size too and put my name on NM list for grey. I am hoping to get this one and A30225 to compare which one I like more.

4. A30227, 23X31X6cm $2090.

5. This one I am not 100% sure with price coz I didn't really listen to her closely, I am not that interested in huge bag, but here we go: A30228, 25x36x6.5 cm, $24XX I believe

Also, I think the number after letter "A" stands for the color, 3 is black, 2 is grey and my logical guess: 1 might be for white. While south coast chanel is only getting 3 sizes, NM is getting 5 to 6. So when we say small, medium and large we might not be talking about the same thing.

Hope this help.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

^ That definately should help! Thank you! I shop Neiman Marcus, so I will try to get their 5 bag size specs soon too. Last time I went their seasonal book was small, but my husband went today and said it's a huge binder now. I bet they got more information in.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Yea, let us know what info you can get. Although I got a feeling each NM and each Chanel is different in terms of which sizes they will get and how many for each size and each color. See my NM here says they will only get black for A30225, Chanel at south coast will get all 3 colors in that size. Your NM might be different too.

10-08-2005
fashion elite

The 5 numbers after the A is the style number(in this case it is the size number as well) not the colour

"Men hate it when their women criticize other females
.....Jealousy get woman nowhere"

Last edited by klow-chloe'; 10-08-2005 at 11:43 PM.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Really? The reason why I think the number after the letter "A" stands for the color is that the whole time Elizabeth at NM was giving me number starting with "3", then I say I want a grey one, then she gave me the style number starting with "2". And I ask her shouldn't all number start with "A3 blah blah blah" she said 2 is probably for grey and 3 for black.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

the last 2 digits must be the size
so say, A30225, "3" for black, "25" is the size 18 cm X 24.5 cm X 5.5 cm.

Yea, sounds logical? gee, we're like detectives, try to de-code those numbers, haha

10-08-2005
fashion elite

I quite sure it's a style/size number ie A30225, A30226, A30227 and A30228 these are all 2.55 styles in different sizes. I think the colour would be another 5 number for example the black would be 94305.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

Mmm....I see what you mean, dunno, that's want the SA told me. But doesn't matter, I had her repeated like 10 times to make sure she got me down for the right color & size, and another 10 times to make sure she got my name, number and credit card # correct so i am sure she got what I want!

10-08-2005
fashion elite

Yeah, that's all what you need get into the right list.

10-08-2005
trendsetter

I finally got a peace of mind about the sizes now. So glad. But the one thing is she couldn't tell me when they will get the bags, how long are the lists and can everyone on the list get one....

So increase my chance of getting something I am on the NM list for a30225 for black, a30226 for grey and the south coast chanel list for a30225 for grey. I am glad that both NM and chanel do refund so I am hoping to get them all around the same time so I can see the real things to decide what size & color suit me best. Do I sound a little bit too obsessed??

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
05, 255, bag, chanel, fall, reissue